Thread: Fun little session and a first

Fun little session and a first

Had a flick for some bass again today after getting done over yesterday by a monster and losing yet another jackall to a rub off. I used anther jackall(sucker for punishment) and got 2 nice bass, one with a very different look,had a very high back,never seen it like that before,got a bit edgy about maybe losing another jackall so i decided to try a spinnerbait,had them for a while, tried them once and never got a thing so i put them away. Thought why not give it a go and it paid off, got my first vere bass on a spinnerbait,i was stoked,he hit so hard and had the dropshot bending like no tomorrow,netted him and set him free,very happy way to finish a week of work.
    Cheers
    Geoff
    If i could get paid the same to fish, sorry boss but i ......!

Re: Fun little session and a first

That poor little bloke sure got whacked hard by the ugly stick. At first glance I thought "Estuary Perch" but it's a bass for sure, just bent out of shape.
    What is it that makes bass hit so hard on spinnerbaits ??? It's like they're trying to destroy them.
    ( Not that I'm complaining )

What's goin on with that odd lookin one, Geoff, is it a deformity or what? Haven't got any nuclear power stations down that way have you?

Its definately not an EP...looks like a bream and bass's love child!

Could also be the result of some brother/sister action! ie tassie style

Well done Geoff. Your little sessions during the work seem to get you results. I think you have your spots sussed pretty good. Keep giving the spinner baits a go - they are alot cheaper than jackells. Also have you given the G-Vibe a go? They have two different weight models and I have good success at Hinze on the heavier one.

cheers - Richard

A bit like these bass from Somerset

Uuurrrgh !!!! now they're just plain creepy.

Thems the Quazimodo Bass version from recycled water!!

Jack.