Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: replying to posts

Re: replying to posts

So what gives you the accredations to down grade others, in what they say.
    Do you know all there is to know about every species.
    regards

Get 2 experts together and they'll argue about every detail, we all do things differently. Ask 4 lots of advise, then pick out the bits that make sense to you, and flush the rest. That's life.

no way i havent even scratched the surface! but exactly why i did not name,
    i knew i was going to cop some crap but i still wanted to here other people thoughts.

So why put the post up in the first place

On reels:
    “wait till u guys see the new daiwa sols and saltiga;s coming soon to a store near you"
    “put another $30 into it and go a shimano torium 20 or 30 that will pump em of the reef alot faster then a spinfisher and its shinnier then a tld"
    "for me i go by daiwa spin reels and shimano overheads"

"i dont by the best gear out there but for most of my fishin (breamin with sp's) i use daiwa sols very good reel for there price and they have...”

On boats:
    “think there made in WA very tough boats”

“i wouldnt say they are better then other for strokes but they are cheaper then merc,suzuki and most other brands dont get me wrong they are a great motor but i think its pritty hard to get bad motors”

"poly's are a heavy boat and u probebly need more HP on the poly then the same sized aluminium boat"
    "i agree both yammie and merc's have failed but the amount of etec's ive seen and herd of failing compaired to yammie or merc is alot and there are more yammies and mercs on the water compaired to...”

On line
    “if ur fishing deep water it doesnt matter as most colours vanish after 10m or so though if u fish the rivers bright lines can put the fish of if there finiky or its clear, therfore u either have to"

On rods:

"the black starlo stix are the one on the hastings (tourniment pro) and mo has em for $100 atm the blue ones are crap"

“pflueger trions and awsome rods for $99 the 4-8kilo would be perfect"

"some of the rods from the pfueger stable are very nice and are one of the most under-estimated rods on the market with a small"

“for that price go one of the starlo stick rods, when u fuully load the raiders up on a decent fish the blank bends right though the but section, a 4000 or 5000 will be fine and depending what line u”

On lures:

“both work to there own on different days, eg in very clear water when im breamin id rather go for a natural look of a squidgie flickbait in flash prawn or green gremlin(old colour thats works ..."

“personally i like towadi's better them px 45's but any of those ''walk the dog style lures should be good."

"also if u really wanted to get some a mile a luckey craft 52nw pencil would be good, caught...”

I thought the above quotes were opinions but I must have been mistaken. Obviously, all that is written in these quotes is gospel and must be adhered to.
    Get over it mate...everyone has a right to express an opinion...even me..who has trouble catching any sort of fish at any time.

So why put the post up in the first place, if your own knowledge is not up to scratch.

It happens on all forums, people giving info that goes against common beliefs. Sometimes it's ignored, but more often than not it promotes discussion on the subject, I think thats a good thing.

The more replies the better, I'm sure you are capable of sorting out the information that you will "choose" to believe.

You just never know when someone is going to offer up a little gem of information that will hold you in good stead for a long time, whether it be a new knot or an off beat technique.

Just imagine someone telling you 20 years ago that little rubber lures where the best way to catch snapper. You would have wanted them locked up, nowdays it has everyone running for the tackle stores.

Just don't be too quick to judge and filter the info as you see best.

Dave.

Oh, and quit bitchin.

A little bit off the topic but in the same catagory about replying to posts, Pisses me off no end when I see a reply in a post that hold no substance, Like: "Good work. Nice catch. Great effort" Fair enough they are nice replies, but when people do it for every single post, is just annoying. With the levels of AUSFISH newbie, bronze, silver, gold, platnum, addict I like to think the people gold and above are people who know a fair bit about fishing, and I look up to these people for advice and think they may know a thing or two. But when its someone who has replied 1500 times with "good fish mate". Its just stupid, and I am sure they think they are top snot aswell.
    Cheers Callum

pinhead- wat one of those post is complety wrong? i dont thinkany of it would be putting someone onto the wrong advice

webby- 1 i wanted to here other peoples thoughts, and nobody on these forums knows everything about fishing.

2. surly u have seen advice given that you thought was wrong for someones needs,

i can see what others are saying and if i have offended anybody im sorry but this is a topic that other people have talked about wether they are signed up or just read the forums

Quote Originally Posted by breamnut View Post
    pinhead- wat one of those post is complety wrong? i dont thinkany of it would be putting someone onto the wrong advice

webby- 1 i wanted to here other peoples thoughts, and nobody on these forums knows everything about fishing.

2. surly u have seen advice given that you thought was wrong for someones needs,

i can see what others are saying and if i have offended anybody im sorry but this is a topic that other people have talked about wether they are signed up or just read the forums
    Mate, your spot on, no one has all the answers but in life, when you ask a question, you have to be prepared for the myriad of answers you will get. Dot take it personally, just accept it's info and you can accept it or offload it.
    "This space is saved for my next special catch"
    "Rainy" Haines Hunter 540C Yamaha 130 HPDI
    28lb King Salmon
    18lb Steelhead (Rainbow) Trout
    12lb Brown Trout
    6.5lb Brook Trout
    12lb Murry Cod
    6'+ Bronze Whaler Shark

2. surly u
    Hey Webby, I think he meant surely ...............but I can sense you are becoming surly lol

no offence mate

none of them may be wrong and none of them may be right...they are your opinions only..it is up to the reader to work out what suits them.
    How about I put here that all you need to catch a heap of bream is an old wilson rod, 5" alvey and some platypus mono...bloody cheap set up..and some chook gut,,nails them nearly every time..may not suit others but usually works for me but that is just my opinion also. Have been fishing like that for the past 40 years..does that make me experienced at it..NO..cos someone might want to try SP's or other lures and they may prefer another type of rod or reel.
    As for the TABS boat..would not own one if you gave it to me..but once again..my opinion only...take it or leave it.

pinhead-ur combo with chicken gut would be fine, but not so for light soft plastics for bream.
    also i wouldnt want a tabs boat if i had a boat like yours!

I don't see any thing wrong with what breamnut has written in the past.
    I agree with 90% of what i have read that he has posted in this and other forums.
    Yes sol and saltiga's are great reels AGREE ,towardi's are better the px45 AGREE,daiwa spin reels are great AGREE and shimano overheads are great even know i would rather own daiwa and the list goes on.
    As a fellow young,bream and lure fisho i think breamnut has given some good advice for beginers KEEP IT UP BNUT

This is a good topic and i think it is ok if people reply to stuff that they have had minimum experience as long as it has actually work for them .

not everything on movies and books are true but everyone has different ways to catch different fish

cheers BK

Pin head has it right "take it or leave it"

A $300 outfit for some may be rubbish but for others it may be gold.

each to their own