Thread: "time Out" Trip - Help Please :)

"time Out" Trip - Help Please :)

Hey guys and girls, hope ya all well.

I quit my job a few weeks back so I could take a step back and look at me life, figure out what I really want to do with it.

Been doing a bit of dirtbiking, deep sea fishin, camping, kayaking etc.

Looking for somewhere nice and tranquil to head to for a few days to maybe a week, will take the tinnie with me and keen just to spend some solid days fishing away.

Am looking for somewhere cheap (camping) and up to 4 hours north, west, or south of the gold coast.

Somewhere thats not going to be busy and maybe the chance of a few decent fish.

Reply or feel free to PM me if you have any ideas and i'll let ya know how i get on....

Cheers and Tight LINES

DIrty Husky Fisherman Ben

Re: "time Out" Trip - Help Please :)

G'day mate!

How about Flat Rock campsite between Ballina and Lennox head?

Nice Quiet place and 50m from the beach.

Jewfish and Tailor from the rock, Lennox Head (talk to a local before you go), Jewies from the Walls at high tide and tinnie fishing in the river and North creek.

Try kayaking on the reef off the point for snapper and jewies.

Regards, Rob.
    Ballina.

Baffle creek up near 1770 sounds like the place for you.Good fishing quiet peacefull.camp right near river
    Jim

Yeppoon, though more than 4 hours north would be just about perfect... barra are starting to bite in the creeks, fingermark and grunter are around, flathead are spawning, blue salmon and king threadfin salmon are on the chew.... these are just the estuary fish. then you've got the mackeral that should be turning up anyday now and in your little tinny you can get out to Iron Pot (small island 500m off the beach)

You could go camping next to one of the stocked dams. Perhaps wivenhoe or somerset.

Wivenhoe also provides free firewood at the Captain Lumley campground.

Louis

Ben,

Firstly congrats on taking a big step. I did the same thing in February and managed 3 full months of R&R before deciding on where to land. I spent 2 weeks between Awoonga and Cania Dam for some fresh water therapy during that time.

A bit further away than 4 hours bur Cania is a great out of the way place with very little boat traffic and holds a good population of Bass and Toga. The Park has a little par 3 golf course and plenty of wildlife. Big camp sites and good communal cooking / fridge / under cover eating facilities. If you're more into the salty stuff, I'd agree with Jimbamb and head to 1770.

Good luck on all fronts...

Iluka. Quiet and with heaps of fishing options. Couple of campgrounds in town plus woody head just north.
    Only 2.5hrs from the gold coast.

hervey bay there is a few reefs that are accessable via tinny as well as some good flats fishing to be done