Thread: jack flys

jack flys

what flys will catch me a jack. have any of you guys caught a jack on fly, if so and ya have a pic, wack it up so we can have a good drool.
    figjam :wink:

Re: jack flys

Hey Nugg, I reckon any baitfish profile, also I've got a few Poppers which I think would work. What sort of Outfit are using ie Rod Weight, Line & Tippet etc. I've been meaning to get my Fly Rod out ... it has been used only once in the last 4 years ..

Ta
    Matt

I'm going to try some burnt orange and black decievers and try nab a few in a few weeks.
    Keep smiling, It makes people wonder what you're up to.

I've caught a couple on pink things. But would think something with orange in it would be a better choice. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by MattChew View Post
    Hey Nugg, I reckon any baitfish profile, also I've got a few Poppers which I think would work. What sort of Outfit are using ie Rod Weight, Line & Tippet etc. I've been meaning to get my Fly Rod out ... it has been used only once in the last 4 years ..

Ta
    Matt
    im using a 9wt outfit with a 12-16lb tippet. the jacks arnt that big that i want to get, all around the 25/30cm size in one of my spots and there is enuff room to cast a wand so i want to try and smack them with the fly. we can get them to smack surface lures so the popper could work for me. is there any flys you can walk the dog with hehe.
    figjam :wink:

im using a gloomis rod and a 8wt line and reel and i use the polar fibre minnows
    if your on the goldcoast i buy them from sportys fishing at bundall