Thread: bread fly help

bread fly help

iv been chasing bream alot on bread flys and seem to be having some trubble, is it normal to only catch one or two bream in a sesh or should i be getting a lot more, i think so. my trubble is they smash all the bread around the fly but i have a lot of trubble getting them to take the fly and when they do, im too slow to pin them. im useing 6lb tipet but i no i need to go lighter (i just dont have any thing lighter), is there any one who makes brown chemicly sharpen hooks as im useing just normal bronzys (i think they look more like a bit of crust than a silver hook). just curious what do yous guys do and use. i no i will get alot more hits from lighter leader but is there a trick to it or something or ya just have to be lucky.
    im useing spun buck tail for the floating ones and white creamy chenell for the sinking ones. il put a pic up of them soon.
    figjam :wink:

Re: bread fly help

there ya's go, there some of my barra pellet flys in the back too, they work awsome so no worrys there. il throw in a nother pic of a fly that has been getting the bream for me, the bream gurgla, they work good

Nice flys nuggs I have caught a couple of Bream at the barra park on bread fly's b4. both on floaters, I am pretty sure that my fly's were the size of your sinkers in the pic. every 5th or so cast I have to hit it with that floatant goo otherwise it sinks. maybe try a smaller floater? do you have the same problems with the sinkers?

I know some people that go for mullet on fly run 2 flys on the one rig. one floating and the other sinking, I reckon this would help with setting the hook when they take the sinking fly cause it would be easier to see the floater move.

Cheers
    Brandon...

yer skip im useing two like ya said, one as a floter\strike indcator and running the small sinking ones underneth. i get a lot more hits on the sinking ones. my floaters never sink, there spun tight and i use a line floatant on the fluro leader. i cant wait for it to heat up a bit more so i can smash that barra park again with the pellet flys again, its so much fun.

Hey Nuggstar,

There isn't a lot of choice on the chemically sharpened range, none in good old bronze. Do you use a diamond file to sharpen your hooks? You should as after a while in the salt and a couple of strikes they will blunt.

What size hook are you using my favourite is down to about #12. Yep even for Bream. and down to 16 for Mullet.

geeze nugg, i thought they were the actual pellets for the barra there in the background, nice stuff.
    Breaming is my LIFE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyfanatic View Post
    Hey Nuggstar,

There isn't a lot of choice on the chemically sharpened range, none in good old bronze. Do you use a diamond file to sharpen your hooks? You should as after a while in the salt and a couple of strikes they will blunt.

What size hook are you using my favourite is down to about #12. Yep even for Bream. and down to 16 for Mullet.
    no shore on hook size mate as i just used any old hooks i had lying around, i think 8's on the floaters and maybe 14's on the sinking ones.

might be pretty lame and not so fashionable, but my Son catches plenty of Bream and Mullet on a very small hook and a small Bean Bag bean threaded onto it, burley with bread, cast the bean bag fly and your on!! bugger in any wind though, but they work a treat, cost nothing to make, don't know if they qualify as a fly though?

its not bread so its a fly mate. i no they use them balls to tie booby fly for bream. i will give it a go for sure