Thread: Boondooma Info

Boondooma Info

Gday all,
    Taking the missus and kids fishing and camping for week from the 13-20 of september. Went same time last year when dam was about 12percent.
    Fishing was preety good that week when the water waslow.Now up to about 40odd. Has anyone been fishing up there lately. Any info good or bad greatly appeciated.

Re: Boondooma Info

hi,

there are plenty of fish about, most for them are just undersize, but all great fun. i found them mostly about 20 to 30 foot down, if you have a lure the will get down to that depth, you should pick up some, if not veritcal jigging the schools with jackalls or icejigs or plastic or blades, produced for me the other day. hope you get on to some, let us know how you go.

kev

HI bundybird
    Boondooma has been picking of late I have not been out this week but last saterday got 2 yellows 50cm and 46cm and 6 bass between 34cm and 45cm all taken on 20ft deepdivers in dark colours purple/black and gold/black.
    The dam is at 46% and is still a bit dirty the bass have schooled up but not feeding properly yet . will be out this weekend as it is only 10min down the road from home usualy i fish there 3 or 4 times a week depending on the weather hope it gets as good as last september with 20 or 30 fish a day and good fishing full moon nights good luck hope you have good h/day
    cheers johno

Thanks for the info. Hope to get afew while i am there. Will post report. Johno if your up there this week look for me in a white older edgetracker with blue bimini camping on the water come and have a chat if you have the time spare. Cheers Jason

Update on camping and fishing trip. Camping was great gees it is good to wake up to the birds rather than an alarm clock and the mobile phone ringing. Fishing itself was patchy. Caught in total about 60 or so bass of which 15 were legal length. All fish released and no yellowbelly caught by me. I heard of a few being caught but not in the usual numbers for the dam. Fished all with lures and most fish were caught on the flat area near no fishing zone near the wall on mask vibs hopped along the bottom no paticular colour. Also found fish up after the fourth marker schooled up. Did a bit of jigging with Little max blades in silver and black to get a few small fish. Biggest bass caught was 40 to the fork. Hope this info helps any one heading up therr soon. Thanks to Johno and kevin for there info it was a great help.