Thread: moon phase?

moon phase?

Looking at going upto monduran on the 31st October. Will the new moon fish as well as the full??? Im hoping yes but im guessing not as well any help would be great

Re: moon phase?

Robbo77,

Best time to catch barra at Monduran, is when your at the dam.

Lots of threads on this issue, do a quick search on Moon phases Barra, and you will find heaps of information.

Have a good read of comments of people like Jas (the_matrix) and Johnny Mitchell (A_Diff_Perspective). They certainly have a lot more quality water time fishing for these fish than most of us just dream about.

Will be up there myself around this time, and so will be alot of other Ausfishers.

All will be glad to give you all the help you need.

Remember the dam is very large and lots of timber and big fish. My favourite dam of all the barra impoundments that I have fished.

Regards

Trev

P.S.

PM sent
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

We've been up there on full moon half moon and new moon. These big girls bite when they feel like it. But I do believe in moon phase and barometer readings.

There are variables, and there are triggers that affect barra behaviour, feeding times and response to lure stimulus. The weather is the number one contributing factor to a barra's body operation. Forget your moon phases as a key from which you plan a trip; changing weather will make or break the fish's eagerness to feed. Salt or fresh water, they really are 365 day per year fisheries with some easy days and some hopeless days thrown in. Just go, whatever the moon phase, you might just surprise yourself.
    Regards,
    Johnny Mitch

Johnny is absolutely right about the weather being the main contributing factor about fishing for barra. If you are a daytime fisherman than I believe the moon phase isn't that important. I believe it is better to fish around the new moon during the day as the fish don't bite as well at night when it is dark so that makes them feed in the day. It's a whole different story when the sun goes down though. I spend most of my time night fishing and have caught very few fish when there is no moon in the sky. It doesn't have to be full, just up.
    cheers scott.