Thread: A good day at maroon with my daughter

A good day at maroon with my daughter

I decided to go to maroon dam with my ten year old daughter for some 1 on 1 time with her we hooked the boat up and headed of on the way i was explaining that it was still alittle cold for bass and that she shouldnt expect to catch to much, we got to the dam at 9.30 am and spent a little time casting plastics around but with no takes .

Luckily i stoped on the way there and got some worms as a backup plan to keep her interested if the fish didnt play the game so i changed both the rods over to a running sinker and a small hook and threw out a couple of worms.

1st cast 35cm bass to my daughter / didnt get mine in the water

2nd cast 30cm bass to my daughter /still didnt get mine in the water

Now i have mine in the water as well .

10 minutes later mine goes off my daughter grabed it and landed her 3rd it also was 30cm

total tally for 2.5hours fishing

my gaughter Chloe 6 bass / dad 2 bass

so off i head home with one happy little girl

On the way home she said to me dad i cant wait until summer if i caught that many when the fishing is slow !

I cant wait for our next trip to spend some quality time with my best mate

And next time i might even remember the camera

Regards MONOSTRETCHO
    quote of the day ( guns don`t kill people fathers with pretty daughters do ) !!:wink:

Re: A good day at maroon with my daughter

Great stuff Mono. You'll have to keep those images in your mind which shouldn't be too hard. Sounds like you didn't have enough time to take photo's anyway with those lines going off.

You may have to change your signature to say, "I live with fear, and sometimes she makes me go fishing".

Thanks for that top little tale.
    Blackjenny

"Summer breeze, makes me feel fine..."

good stuff cant wait till i get back up there and onto some surface lured bass. cheers bddowdy..brett

Great times and memories fishing with your kids Mono. Thanks for the report -cheers.

Thumbs up Re: A good day at maroon with my daughter

Great Effort, if your like me you'll have no problem having your kid show you up, it's when the missus shows you up you've got a problem!!!! Nothing better than watchin em catch a good fish, reminds you what it was like back in the day, Cheers.

Well done Mono, its great to be able to take the kids fishing & even better when they can catch something. I have not been able to raise a scale for the last couple of trips in the fresh, so bad is the situation that my number one decky decided to let dad go fishing all by himself for fathers day.

I was on Maroon by 0530 & everything looked good for a fine day fishing, started off tossing surface lures around the edges in the bays to the right of the boat ramp, but only managed one decent boil with no hookup, slowly worked my way round the bays & up into the timber tossing everything in the arsenal at the multitude of fish teasing me on the sounder, still fishless. I trolled & flicked lures all the way to the top of navigable water aat the top of the dam still without any luck. All the bottle brush is flowering along the banks of the river & the bird life feeding of them was almost deafening right at the top of the dam where the bottle brushes overhang the creek, it really is a beutiful spot up in the headwaters, lots of snags, clear water & I am sure lots of fish.

On my trip back down the dam I caught up with my cousin & a friend who had been on the water for only a couple of hours & had five fish for the morning, just as I was about to toss my lure collection overboard they mentioned that all fish had fallen to live shrimp & to prove a point Tom proceeded to pull another small but healthy bass from the snag we had stopped at.

My wife still can't understand how I can spend seven hours fishing, not catch a thing & still come home happy, but I am sure that there are many on this forum that understand, its in the blood.

See you on the water.
    Andrew M

It seems that a few people that i talk to all seem to be having more luck with bait at the moment and i wonder if the fish are only feeding on easy targets and not so active on lures because they are a little lazy at the moment ?

might head back out next weekend and give it another shot .

All the best MONOSTRETCHO

And they want to ban this the so called greens. I think of them as the anti-social party.

modo what exactly is it they want to ban ?

MONOSTRETCHO