Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tandem Kayak recommendation ?

Re: Tandem Kayak recommendation ?

Hi-Yo - Thanks for your view point/experience.

My wife is a keen angler ( has to be to have stayed married for over 16 years ) - But there will be times when she will have other things on & I will want some time out on my own. I will take an Outfitter out ( Jason at Ken Sinn motors in the bay has been great to deal with ) - with both of us & on my own to see how we go. The daughter recons she wants to try it also - so may end up with an Outfitter & Outback

Will report back once we get organised - Scotto

We've had a viking nemo for 18mths now. The +1 seat in the middle lets us use it as a good stable solo, perfect for going and getting yabbies from middle bank or just sitting about fishing.
    No pedals though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Yo View Post
    Why two, cause thats what you will end up purchasing anyway.

How you say.

No matter how committed you think your fishing buddy is in the end you will find that your dogma and carma dont mix, one will want to and the other will say ahhhhh I dunno,feel like whatever today.

All great in the begining, thats for sure, but the novelty will drop off for one person.

Double yaks are a pain in the butttt with only one person on them.

So you will end up with a second.

OK

how big / heavy is everyone?? or both users?

Can stop if you want?

Your choice..so far that another 0.02cents and I have heaps of them to give away if you like.
    I have a double,
    The wife was keen for about 12 months. We caught plenty of fish and had some great dives out at the rocks off Byron. She hasn't been as keen lately so it sits there in the yard. I'm thinking of sell it and swapping over to a single.
    At least I can handle my canoe on my own. Been spending more time in the esturies with shi#ty spring nor-easterlies.

Im wanting to get into kayak fishing, but dont have a load of money to spend on a starter kayak. would a $200 inflatable job from bcf be a good starting point? i dont wanna have to save up hundreds for a viking or something. thanks in advance!!

Tonza,

Google - Australian Kayak Fishing Forum and check out the classified section. Plenty of kayak's for sale and the occasional giveaway if you keep you eye's peeled.

All the best
    Rowie