Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Boat Christened

New Boat Christened

After getting it through the initial stage of it's run-in, I declared her fit for fishing.

My mate was keen to see the new boat perform as well as take the opportunity for a quick arvo session on the river. The day had been pretty ordinary here in Townsville- not too warm, overcast and blowing it's arse off. But I didn't care. I was going fishing in my new boat!

After a brief 2 minute drive to the boat ramp we had her in the water and snuck upto a spot we thought looked the goods. I switched the Suzi off and let us drift along the edge of the lilys. As the boat swung about I was presented with the chance to fire a cast beneath an overhanging tree on the opposite bank. A few twitches and a pause into the retrieve and whamo! I was on.

After taking happy snaps and recording the tag number I totally forgot to measure the fish!

We fished on for a little more but we were practically fishing blind. I dont have a sounder fitted yet and in the darkness we weren't able to see weedbeds, structure, etc... so we called it quits. But I was happy.

Cheers, Andrew.

Re: New Boat Christened

Hi Andrew,

Congratulations on the new boat and also for getting a barra in her on your first outting. The boat looks great too

Regards,
    Dave.

Andrew,
    Great way to christen the new boat, great barra. Enjoy the new rig.

Cheers

Justin

good one mate, took me ages to get a fish in my new tinny,,congrats hope theres plenty more to come.... cheers bdowdy..brett...

Thanks fellas.

There's definately plenty more to come Brett. I just need to find the big girls. I think you should plan a trip up to give us a hand .

mate im getting real keen to get up there,,, may just come by myself so we can fish heaps,,talk soon...brett

Andrew,

great looking setup mate. I like the paint job and layout..

cheers steve.

Nice fish too!

Well done Mate!!! A great aussie fish to break-in the new boat. That bit of water in the photo looks awesome, very fishing. Brett, you can pick me up on the way through for this fishing trip!!!

The boat finish and build looks great. That reel looks familiar?

Cheers

Scott

No better way to break in a new boat!!
    Last time we were at Mondy the couple in the cabin next door had the same boat. It was admired more that once whilst cooking dinner and doing the dishes. They are a great looking boat. Congrats!!
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Great boat Andrew.

nice way to open the account mate, I allways reckon the first fish into the new boat sets the style of things to come

cheers
    brian

nice boat mate, u gonna get an electric??

your mind is like a parachute, it only works when its open

Congrats on the new boat and christening it 1st pop with a very nice fish - esp fishing the old fashioned way, without a sounder, just picking out a spot that looks right!

I was petrified when I got my new boat that it would put the jinx on the fishing - everytime I get a new rod or reel or something the fish bloody well know and keep away to prove a point....

Hope you have many great trips in the new toy!

Yeh Scott, get in Brett's ear about coming up here. Maybe you can stow-away in Grub's freak'in Winnabago or whatever it is when him an the missus travel up this way.

And yep, you got it. It's my Zillion- on an Egrell B8-5. A B52 did the damage.

Steve B, I couldn't be happier with the boat, when I get round to it I'll be throwing on an electric bow mount.

Cheers, Andrew

Brian, I hope you speak the truth mate!

fleety77, yep, bow mount on it's way.

Bear001, I wasn't afraid of any jinx, I'm certain the new boat's gonna bring more fish in the future