Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats does your arsenal consist off?

Re: Whats does your arsenal consist off?

Too many but you can't play golf with 1 club you need a set and fishing is the same

stradic 1000 and nitro ultralight bream
    alphas and graphite slicer for bass
    stradic 6000 and snapper raider for in the bay

Quote Originally Posted by krazyfisher View Post
    Too many but you can't play golf with 1 club you need a set and fishing is the same
    Hey Krazy ....... The first time I ever broke my handicap was in a 2 club event

Nagg
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Thats boardering on an obsession Kev

I've gotto ask ////// Why so many

I know I've owned a lot of gear ...... but it stops at what I can use on the day ........ So like the ABT ...... I upgrade ( no more than 5 in the locker )

Chris
    Its gear collected over 20 years of fishing...I went through a phase of building my own rods and built them just to pass the time... Others i have collected as my fishing tastes have changed...

I have about 15 sp rods that i use regularly..the others in the collection are a bit dusty...

As for reels... its probably my worst point. I buy more than i need. As soon as i feel a reel lose its smoothness i replace it. I send it back to manufacturer to fix but they never come back as smooth as straihgt outta the box...so it gets discarded.

I know i have a problem, my missus tells me all the time...but just like any addiction...it makes me feel good. In the end i aint taking my money with me when i go!!!!

Fleety... I dont think i need to post a pic to prove i own that many...thats silly... I dont wear it as a badge of honour...I look at it like a medical problem that has no cure!
    For fishing reports, fishing info, new techniques and fishing news read;
    Savvy Fishing Blog

plenty of other un healthy habbits out there Kevvie, your other half should be thankful you dont pi$$ your dollars up against a wall. That what I tell mine anyway

i think id be here too long like kevvie
    not anywhere near as many as that but a fair selection equalling well over 12k
    oops i mean about 500 love.......

[quote=kevvie;887620]
    ................... In the end i aint taking my money with me when i go!!!!...........

Yep I know what your saying.....I've never seen an Armour Guard truck following a Hearse yet.

gloomis dsr 8200 and a shimano aspire 1000
    gloomis dsr 820 and a shimano 2500 stella
    team diawa black lady and a shimano chronarch 51mg
    custom live fibre and a diawa luvias 3000

Extreme quantities…
    Me I got 2,740 rods and 944 reels..and I take them all with me for every outing…yeah right

For these large quantities So far its all hearsay lets show some pics guys!!!!
    Most people have mobiles with a camera,should only take a few minutes.
    Then show us..

Quote Originally Posted by spears View Post
    Extreme quantities…
    Me I got 2,740 rods and 944 reels..and I take them all with me for every outing…yeah right

For these large quantities So far its all hearsay lets show some pics guys!!!!
    Most people have mobiles with a camera,should only take a few minutes.
    Then show us..

Look Spears why would people make it up? I personally am abit offended by this last post of yours! You asked a question i answered it. As far as taking a photo goes it would be easy but why should i have to? At least a dozen people on Ausfish who would read this thread know me and what gear i've got why would i make something up and make a goose of myself in front of my mates by lying? I would reckon the other posters are in exactally the same boat!!!! Now how about a nice big APOLOGY mate!!!

Ian

Ps i know guys that own at least 80 differant outfits! And no they dont take them with them on the one trip but maybe they enjoy many differant styles of fishing!
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

Oh touchy..ouch

But we all don't know each other do we

Spears

Your post didn't name anyone and there by named everyone who in you opinion had to many rods must be lying!!! Of course i'm touchy!!!! I dont like being called a lair!!!

And as far as not knowing each other goes , many many people on this site are friends and those worth knowing get more every day but i somehow think you'll be flat out ever having a friend on this site with posts like the last 2!

Ian
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kevvie View Post
    Its gear collected over 20 years of fishing...I went through a phase of building my own rods and built them just to pass the time... Others i have collected as my fishing tastes have changed...

I have about 15 sp rods that i use regularly..the others in the collection are a bit dusty...

As for reels... its probably my worst point. I buy more than i need. As soon as i feel a reel lose its smoothness i replace it. I send it back to manufacturer to fix but they never come back as smooth as straihgt outta the box...so it gets discarded.

I know i have a problem, my missus tells me all the time...but just like any addiction...it makes me feel good. In the end i aint taking my money with me when i go!!!!

Fleety... I dont think i need to post a pic to prove i own that many...thats silly... I dont wear it as a badge of honour...I look at it like a medical problem that has no cure!
    I know what you are saying Kev ..... specially on the rod building side.
    Mate you've gotta learn to let go ....... pass them on , send them to a new home - I'll PM you my address

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Lol....yeah no worries...there all yours

I am starting to get a bit that way. I know i gotta get rid of some stuff but in the end who would want fibreglass rods, old power tips and ugly sticks???

I know i aint EVER gonna use this stuff again. I use graphite rods for every fishing scenario these days, not just lures...and use braid 99% of the time. I have no need for half of it but its like a museum. It shows a colourful history!

P.S. Having to take photos to prove stuff here is totally rediculous. I dont care if u believe me or not. You can think im a blow arse...thats up to you...i have no reason to lie. Fact is i can justify having alot of equipment...you cant...in the end who cares???? Its just fishing!!!
    For fishing reports, fishing info, new techniques and fishing news read;
    Savvy Fishing Blog

I can understand your disbelief Spears, I would have felt the same way had I not seen some of my colleagues' ridiculously large tackle collections. One bloke has an entire (large) room crammed to the rafters with rods, reels and other assorted bits and pieces accumulated over the years.

These blokes aren't particularly proud of their overly large collections, seeing as most of it doesn't get used. They often say they need to get off their butts and start selling some. I see Kevvie feels the same way! (Me and my other half have about 25 outfits between us, which I guess is comparatively moderate!)

My workmates were talking about having a collective garage sale. Maybe a couple of Ausfishers could get together for a similar swap meet / sale, if they haven't already?
    Last edited by Nic; 29-08-2008 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Just noticed Kevvie's more recent post