Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best light bream spin rod

best light bream spin rod

Hey guys time for a upgrade need advise on the best 1-3kg single piece spin for placcies and hardbodies?

cheers dan

Re: best light bream spin rod

The Bream Buster XF is about as good as you will find. As far as I know this is a fantastic rod for light bream work. Of course the downsides are the price and you might have difficulty finding one.

You might also be interested in The Bream Buster Ultra-Finesse as it is 1-3 kg not 1-4 kg and will probably be a bit better at casting lighter lures.

BTW, I actually haven't caught fish on the two rods but a lot of people say they are fantastic rods. Have a look at the Bream Master forums. These rods are very popular there.

BREAM BUSTER XF
    Bream Buster XF A$615.00
    7' 1pc Fast Action 1-4kg test 1-6gm lures
    Balanced, contoured cork grips with Fuji SB Seat. Titanium guide set using a Fuji T-ATSG and Recoil combination.
    This latest offering in the Finesse range is perfect for those who like to use ultra-light lures, ultra-light leaders and prefer a lighter action without sacrificing that famous Bream Buster butt section power! The sensitivity and lightness in the hand of this rod needs to be felt to be believed but beware, the XF is so motivating you'll probably find yourself fishing more because of it!!

BREAM BUSTER Ultra-Finesse
    BREAM BUSTER Ultra-Finesse A$620.00
    7'6" 2pc X-Fast Action 1 3kg Test 1 6gm
    Counterbalanced contoured cork grips with Fuji SB seat.
    Designed for light leaders, long casts and wary fish, the Bream Buster 'Ultra-Finesse' is THE rod those hard-to-fool fish! The very latest in Bream Buster development, this rod uses a combination of high-modulus graphite fibres for maximum effectiveness and line control in a longer, lightweight rod that still packs a punch!

What sort of price range are you looking at 63eh. At the end of the day we can't really recomment a rod for you unless we know how much you wanna pay!

Cheers
    Gagga

sorry guys probably up to $300

Quote Originally Posted by 63eh View Post
    sorry guys probably up to $300
    Now that makes one hell of a difference!

T Curve Flight 7' 2-4kg ......... you can get em from MO @ $299 ........

Starlo Stix tournament Pro Lite spin ........ Best Value

Nagg
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I was goign to recomend the Camo XF cause i have some but they are not in the price range.

Look at the following rods as well-

Berkley Pro Tactic

Daiwa Zero ( probably the best rod for what you want )

Cheers

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by leelee View Post
    Look at the following rods-

Berkley Pro Tactic

Daiwa Zero ( probably the best rod for what you want )

Cheers

Lee
    I own both these rods & would recomend the Berkley Pro Tactic as arounder rod handles SP's well & HB's with ease!!

The TD Zero is better suited to throwing Hardbodies..

Loomis DSR820s or DSR8200s You can get these from the US for around $300 or so in abouts a week time from order date, including the postage price in a secure tube.

Quote Originally Posted by ismail82 View Post
    Loomis DSR820s or DSR8200s You can get these from the US for around $300 or so in abouts a week time from order date, including the postage price in a secure tube.

Mate I'm interested in buying a Loomis...could you let me know the US sites where you can buy those rods.

Thanks
    Gagga

Quote Originally Posted by Gagga08 View Post
    Mate I'm interested in buying a Loomis...could you let me know the US sites where you can buy those rods.

Thanks
    Gagga
    American Legacy Fishing company ....... all the w gloomis.us.com

chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

for that price i can recommend the pflueger supreme 1-3kg

They were 500bux when they first come out but you can get em for 300 now...
    The rods is an absolute pearler, has single foot titanium frames and silicone carbide inserts..the guides alone are worth the investment.

slick rod for sp's and pretty good for HB's as well. Ive stopped a 30lb jew on it so it has some balls.
    For fishing reports, fishing info, new techniques and fishing news read;
    Savvy Fishing Blog

Another option is the Team Daiwa Battler Taurus, Titanium frames on that baby too!!! For $220 it is probably the lightest, best specced rod for the money.

Ta
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by kevvie View Post
    for that price i can recommend the pflueger supreme 1-3kg

They were 500bux when they first come out but you can get em for 300 now...
    The rods is an absolute pearler, has single foot titanium frames and silicone carbide inserts..the guides alone are worth the investment.

slick rod for sp's and pretty good for HB's as well. Ive stopped a 30lb jew on it so it has some balls.
    Hey Kevvie...I haven't seen these rods for lest than $430. Where did you see them at that price?

Mate i saw em for that price in a sydney tackle shop...in fact they were $$330 but you alwys expect a little discount!

I bought two of em; 1-3kg & 3-5kg... the 3-5 is wicked jew spinnin stick.

I think MO tackle have em for 350ish as well??
    For fishing reports, fishing info, new techniques and fishing news read;
    Savvy Fishing Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Gagga08 View Post

Thanks
    Gagga

Hi Mate,

I got my DSR820 from

www.gloomis.us

if you do buy from them choose the cheapest option when it comes to shipping prices even if it shows it will take the longest to arrive, because it still arrives the same time as if you choose the more expensive option which says it will arrive earlier. Save yourself some $$$$. does that make sense?