Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best light bream spin rod

Re: best light bream spin rod

For just over $300 the bear S1 - 7 (egrell) are great rods. I'm yet to blood mine with a (legal) fish but am really happy with its feel so far.

As kevvie said, the Pflueger supremes are very nice rods but i haven't seen them under $400 but with a bit of looking you might get lucky.

Personally i found the dsr 820's a little stiff for small hb's and light plastics. The dsr 8200s were much lighter in the tip but they are made specifically for the OZ market and you would be struggling to find one for under $500. superb light bream rods, but $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by kevvie View Post
    Mate i saw em for that price in a sydney tackle shop...in fact they were $$330 but you alwys expect a little discount!

I bought two of em; 1-3kg & 3-5kg... the 3-5 is wicked jew spinnin stick.

I think MO tackle have em for 350ish as well??
    Thanks Kevvie..mo tackle have them, but for $370..still not a bad price though!

Quote Originally Posted by plaztix View Post
    For just over $300 the bear S1 - 7 (egrell) are great rods. I'm yet to blood mine with a (legal) fish but am really happy with its feel so far.

As kevvie said, the Pflueger supremes are very nice rods but i haven't seen them under $400 but with a bit of looking you might get lucky.

Personally i found the dsr 820's a little stiff for small hb's and light plastics. The dsr 8200s were much lighter in the tip but they are made specifically for the OZ market and you would be struggling to find one for under $500. superb light bream rods, but $$$$

Im trying to buy an Egrell as we speak...im in sydney and they dont stock em down here...

Im waiting to hear back from Eric first but i might have to get one of you guys to help me out????
    For fishing reports, fishing info, new techniques and fishing news read;
    Savvy Fishing Blog

Quote Originally Posted by plaztix View Post

These Egrell Rods sound awesome...but unfortunately they are unavailable in the Southern States. I understand that Tackle Warehouse in QLD is currently developing an onlone store. As they stock Egrell Rods i'm assuming that us southerns will be able to purchase them online from tackle warehouse as soon as they open their online store.

JigggJigs dot com are an on line dealer for Egrell

cheers mate
    For fishing reports, fishing info, new techniques and fishing news read;
    Savvy Fishing Blog