Thread: Service that's hard to beat

Service that's hard to beat

Guys,
    I've just recently rekindled my love of baitacsters with less than desirable results. Unlike the days of my former glory, casting 12lb mono with dare I say it , pinpoint accuracy at barra in Darwin and Cairns, I've had nothing but one backlash after another using Fireline. It's been a while.

I rang Tol at Mossops asking for a solution, quite happy to pay the mega bucks for the best alternative he could offer. He told me to bring in the rig in question and he would give my casting style the once over. I did just that on Friday afternoon and Hallelujah !! He spotted my shortcoming instantly and put me back on the path of righteousness. It was a case of the tradesman blaming the tools.

It was a revelation and I was truly happy with the outcome, but not convinced that I didn't need to still spend the megabucks. What can I tell you: I'm a "Tackle Rat".

Tol's response was that I should save my money and take a couple of plastic casting plugs ( Which he wouldn't take money for ) , practice my newfound skills and he'd be happy to supply whatever I wanted when I got my sh*t in a pile. Not only that, but he suggested that I probably should come out for a day's fishing on his boat and he'd chamfer off a couple of the rough edges on some of my other angling shortcomings.

I can't imagine better service than that! Any-one had similar experiences with other tackle stores?

There's a lot to be said for taking your business to the little independent tackle stores rather than the 17 year olds at BCF. That is unless you already know everything you need to and just want to pick stuff off shelves and proceed to the cash register.

These are just personal observations and I have no financial affiliation with any retailer. In fact I don't work in the industry, but I am a fishing tragic.

Jeff
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Re: Service that's hard to beat

Genuine anglers will look after other genuine anglers.

Snotty nosed sales people of any age just want a buck.

I'm very happy for you & hope your day on the water goes better than expected.

Give your man a pat on the back, it's a rarity these days.

That is the best form of customer service............Tol has just got himself a customer for life in yourself.....I would be stoked as you are...Nothing worse than bad service but not alot better than some body who truly exceeds it your expectations...

Good work for giving the guy a wrap to...doesn't happen enough

keep up the good work

poppers

Mate, loyalty is gone in the fishing industry - everyone just trying to make their buck. In fact it's nearly every industry - just ask Sonny Bill

Good onya Tol - this sort of service is unexpected in this day and age. Continue the good work and I'm sure you'll develop a healthy list of loyal customers.

Well done for giving him a plug Jeff.

Sounds like you got some good service, but you cant rag out everyone that works for BCF. Plently of the stores have experienced fisherman that know what there talking about, and dont mind helping out or having a chat.

Recently I had a problem with a reel (that was not purchased at bcf) Took it down to the local bcf which is my closest tackle shop, and one of the guys there fixed the reel for me in a few minutes. no charge of course.

Don't get me wrong: I recognize that there are plenty of good people working in BCF and probably in other chain stores. Likewise there are a number in a couple of the stores I've been in, who are just watching the clock from the minute they get to work. The truth is that a good number of people engaged in the service industry just shouldn't be working there.

I was simply trying to give credit where I believed credit was due. It's nice to be able to draw on the knowledge of blokes who have the runs on the board.
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Tol runs a very good shop with the right gear and gives plenty of good advice. Unfortunatly when he is not there a few of the young guns don't provide the same service
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"