Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WooHoo, finally got him,PB yella

WooHoo, finally got him,PB yella

After being in hospital for a while with oyster cuts to the hand i was keen as mustard to get back into it. Have been going to spot x the last few days and have been getting done over by what i dont know,could even raise colour. I have been using 6lb with 15 lb fluro leader but pulling the hooks on a monster. Well today ,dont ask me why i used, but i used my bream gear,4lb fireline with 8lb fluro leader,and decided to throw out a river 2 sea vibe after losing a few jackalls to the trees. Well it paid off today,about the 3rd cast i got hit big time,this felt bloody heavy and i was very worried about losing the lot. After a bit of give and take from the fish i finally saw some colour, shit yeh i thought i finally got my 50cm bass,but as it got closer to the surface i saw this big yella, well happy is an understatement, i was hooting and cheering ,grabbed the net and this fella still hadnt finished yet,dropped the net and played a bit more,picked the net up and got him. Christ, i felt like i had just won the lotto. This was my 2nd ever yellow belly and i beat the last one by 11cm, this guy went 51cm, couple of pics and he was away. Still wonder if this was the guys doing me,or is there more to be had at spot x.
    Cheers
    Geoff
    If i could get paid the same to fish, sorry boss but i ......!

Re: WooHoo, finally got him,PB yella

NICE FISH ,,,the yellas are a great fish ..got 2 new pbs myself this year,, a yella on surface lure and at 54cm 3.2kg,, was stoked , now waiting till spring so i can get into some more..cheers bdowdy,,brett

Great fish geoff. Muscly looking thing. Have to organise a yak trip very soon i reckon. Congrats . Any news on the house at coomera? Ben

Congrats Geoff!!Nice fish, got to be happy with that!!
    Cheers Kim
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Ripper Callop mate!

Bloody good fish Geoff, well done mate.

Cheers,
    John.

Good yellowbelly....check out the hump. They can be a bit of a surprise sometimes. Some don't fight much at all and others go real hard. I've pulled in a few that I'd called for big bass to find mid 40 yellas. They are a great fish.

Well done Geoff! You are sure enjoying yourself at your spot X. Thought I had figured out where it was recently but I was wrong. I would love a spot X landbased for myself to stop out between jobs. Well done on a great Yellow. - cheers Richard

Top job Geoff
    Its good to get a win after being toweled up a few times.
    wamjam

good on ya geoff
    nice fish
    Cheers
    BreamBuster33

fat fish there mate!!!

your mind is like a parachute, it only works when its open

ripper yella Geoff,

surprising that they are around this area,
    keep em coming mate

Congrats on the yella... they can give you a fair run of fun sometimes...as you've found out.

nice fat one mate
    figjam :wink:

great stuff geoff! that sure is a nice fishie