Thread: New Member New Boat

New Member New Boat

Hi all please excuse any mistakes here its my first time on line.

I have just bought a new Stacer Nomad 4.29 Elite Only used it a couple of times and I'm looking to set up some rod storage/holders of some kind for both on the water and trailering. Also some lighting (inboard) for night fishing. Would appreciate any tips.
    Cheers, Frothychop

Re: New Member New Boat

Frothy mate welcome to the site be warned it is addictive this question will get answered alot better in the boating forum . and do a search in the boating forum lots of picks and rebuilds in there . another place to look is seamedia http://www.seamedia.com.au/sea_library/refurb_diy.php
    anyway welcome
    Stuie
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

Hey frothy, I recently got some led strip lights from ebay they are 40 cm long by 1cm wide and theres 2 to a pack in one word "great" and as for holders depends on what style of fishing, the best rod holders I have seen are called Down East Rod Holders the salty 10, strong and last a life time. anyhow give them a look.

Cheers Nath

Frothychop.

welcome to the chat mate. plenty of info here, some good some dodgy

Lights- does you boat have side decks/gunnel?/ if so its a good place to mount the lights nath suggested or you can get cheapies at most tackle shops/boating shops. If you mount a few of them up under the gunnel in different places the light shines down onto your decks giving you good lighting that doesnt blind you.

Rod holders- its a bit hard without seeing the layout. Berkley does a couple of pretty good styles of vertical and horizontal racks that should suit. Again it all depends on space and positions.

good luck with it. and welcome agian.

Steve

do u have a bimini ect?? its better to mount lights above u cause if mounted below your eyeline they obviously tend to shine in your eyes!! so i guess thats something to look out for, head lamps are good too!!

your mind is like a parachute, it only works when its open

Thanks heaps Steve, the Nomad doses have gunnels about 100mm wide and similar depth . Sounds like a good place to mount some of the LEDs Nath suggested. (thanks again Nath) As far as the rod holders go I think will be more of a challenge as there are storage pockets on each side. I will check out BCF for the ones you mentioned. I might take a couple of pics and post them in case someone else has some ideas. Just looking to have somewhere to protect my rods while on the trailer and travelling on the water..Thanks again.

Cheers,

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Frothychop.

welcome to the chat mate. plenty of info here, some good some dodgy

Lights- does you boat have side decks/gunnel?/ if so its a good place to mount the lights nath suggested or you can get cheapies at most tackle shops/boating shops. If you mount a few of them up under the gunnel in different places the light shines down onto your decks giving you good lighting that doesnt blind you.

Rod holders- its a bit hard without seeing the layout. Berkley does a couple of pretty good styles of vertical and horizontal racks that should suit. Again it all depends on space and positions.

good luck with it. and welcome agian.

Steve