Thread: mickey thomsens atz or bfg atr's?

mickey thomsens atz or bfg atr's?

looking at new tyres bfgs or mickey thomsens in a 31x10.5xr15, all terain. any opinions thanks.

Re: mickey thomsens atz or bfg atr's?

Thompsons - Ive run bfg for ages and mickeys before that, but in the mickey at's they are much the same. There are 3 different types. Just check they have the same 3 ply sidewalls as bfg's. I cant give you k's on the tyres though sorry.
    BD

I have mickie thompson atz's, purchased 6 tyres to do good rotation, 2 have done 20000km and the other 4 have done 10000km, just about5 to take the 2 off that have done 20000km and give them a rest for a while. So far they are showing no sign of wear, extremely happy with the grip in the wet and dry and are what you would expect of a all terrain off road.
    cheers
    blaze

Can't go past mickey thompsons... i ran MTX's on my mav and got 90k out of them with more to go...

Just recently bought a set of FC2's for the navara, and couldn't be happier.

The BFG's atr tread pattern is a little too highway'ish in my opinion

I run MTZ's on all the work utes and cant fault them.

My Navara is on its second set of Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's I squeezed 120,000 klms out of the first set.

Brother-in-law has a tyre place, so regular wheel rotations and balancing as well as front end alignments allowed me to get pretty good mileage.

Steve99