Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: An Absolute Waste

Re: An Absolute Waste

it is a black jew boys and as black jew go that isn't anywhere near big

although this is whole it is a long standing tradition in CQ and NQ to hang a big frame or fish on a local street sign mostly on country signs where no one is bothered by the smell

reasons can be anything from a brag board to crab bait so they wouldn't forget it in the morning on the way to the ramp

or as pig bait, why chase pigs when they will come to you.

I don't do it myself and we only ever take one for the decky with 5 kids

we get sick of catching and putting them back
    sometimes they are like flys so we change target species

Get over it, if that is the worst thing you see then you live in a bubble

SL
    IFISHCQ2

Are you sure it's a real fish, kind of looks very artificial to me, or maybe it's just been hanging up for too long

Quote Originally Posted by Murks View Post
    I would doubt this would be displayed like this if someone actually caught it..I rekon it was found by someone already dead, The person has obviously no brains and little respect for the fish or the environment, to display in thois manner is just mindlessly stupid......... but I just couldn't see a fisho doing this with such a great specimen IMO
    Brett
    Its a reasonably common practice to do it to barra up North ...... I've seen 3 or 4 during trips over the years

Nagg

Quote Originally Posted by Reel Nauti View Post
    Some people here need to get over the 'Green' crap they've been feeding on or been fed for far too long. I have caught jewies, yes that size, and I too have hung them up for the world to see. Not really to brag but to show others what might be around. Also, for you who are so so quick to criticise, you would know that sometimes jew can be full of worms. There's no way of telling if you just fillet. Jewies I have hung have had the guts examined, found to be full of worms, and hung. This one mightn't be any different.

Cheers

Dave

Well dont f_c_ing kill them ...... you wally !
    What a load crock & what an imbecilic excuse is that

I've caught Red bass that might contain Ciguateria ....... but I didn't kill them!

If you dont know about the quality ........ don't kill them! If you catch a kingfish in Qld & it may be infested with worms - - Dont kill it !!!! ...................... Enjoy the sport & let it go!

Nagg

Quote Originally Posted by Barraboy7 View Post
    Amazing stuff here, "redneck" response Nagg, hang em by the balls eh? Your all ready to become a Queenslander I say. Or were you just being funny? Everynow and then this site turns into a posse style lynch mob. A while back it was over flannel shirts...burnin frogs, at least now its over a fish LOL.
    Lighten up. Its a dead fish. Years ago it was popular to hand the heads of big Cod on the fence post as well.
    I agree, people shouldnt do that, it is a waste, but we dont have to go loopy over it.
    Barraboy7
    Yes Barraboy ...... Amazing that some dick gets their jollies hanging a nice fish like that from a street sign Its a pointless act!!!! ..... You can be a hero if you caught it! ...... but take a photo & let it go ..... if you wont eat it!
    Past practices ......... thank god they are in the past .............................. I hope I never see a photo like Zane Grey during the 1930s with 15 dead marlin hung up from the gantry
    It's not a case of going loopy ....... more like being a little more thoughtful

Nagg

Quote Originally Posted by Jabba_ View Post
    Get over it fellas. It is a Proserpine tradition to hang the fish carcass from the street signs.... Fish Carcass's are hanging everywhere in that town, and most off the time there Barramundi.....

Incase you don't know, Proserpine is a town 1hr north west of Mackay....
    Tradition or not ...... It is a waste !
    ......... some traditions are better forgotten !

Nagg

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Well dont f_c_ing kill them ...... you wally !
    What a load crock & what an imbecilic excuse is that

I've caught Red bass that might contain Ciguateria ....... but I didn't kill them!

If you dont know about the quality ........ don't kill them! If you catch a kingfish in Qld & it may be infested with worms - - Dont kill it !!!! ...................... Enjoy the sport & let it go!

Nagg
    DON'T GET OFF YA BIKE NAGG, I'll pick ya bloody pump up.

Honestly if a dead fish hanging on a sign post is the best or worst you people have to worry & bitch about then you all need to have a good hard look at reality & what's going on in this world.

I personally don't kill any fish including carp but I don't carry on like a pork chop about it when someone else does.

If it was on the ground in long grass you wouldn't say bugger all but because it's hanging on a sign post ............ HELL

They did the same with humans in Afganastan not too long ago but I didn't see any goody two shoes bitching about that practise.

Quote Originally Posted by 2manylures View Post
    DON'T GET OFF YA BIKE NAGG, I'll pick ya bloody pump up.

Honestly if a dead fish hanging on a sign post is the best or worst you people have to worry & bitch about then you all need to have a good hard look at reality & what's going on in this world.

I personally don't kill any fish including carp but I don't carry on like a pork chop about it when someone else does.

If it was on the ground in long grass you wouldn't say bugger all but because it's hanging on a sign post ............ HELL

They did the same with humans in Afganastan not too long ago but I didn't see any goody two shoes bitching about that practise.
    I hope you make good use of that pump ..... It has nothing to do with any other topic! ...... this is about the pass time that I love!
    If I saw someone doing it down my way ........ I'd give it to them!
    We cant change the world completely ...... but we can yell out when it affects our little patch

Now ..... Please tell us all what good comes out of hanging a fish off a street post ....... I'm curious

Nagg

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I hope you make good use of that pump ..... It has nothing to do with any other topic! ...... this is about the pass time that I love!
    If I saw someone doing it down my way ........ I'd give it to them!
    We cant change the world completely ...... but we can yell out when it affects our little patch

Now ..... Please tell us all what good comes out of hanging a fish off a street post ....... I'm curious

Nagg
    I really don't care.

It isn't worth blowing a fuse over!

It was probably the same guy that left 40 fish frames at the Eimeo boat ramp.
    I dont see a problem in hanging fish frames from signs as long as its not near houses, and that street sign is not right next to houses. I think it is a waist to hang a whole fish though but maybe the fish was found dead. You get used to seeing frames hanging from signs in the mackay and whitsunday area. I wish I had a $1 for every barra frame Iv seen hanging around conway beach.
    Personally I keep the frames for crab pot bait.

Quote Originally Posted by I GOT CRABS View Post
    Personally I keep the frames for crab pot bait.
    If I found such a fish I would leave it where I found it, It would at least go back into the systems and fatten up the local crabs. If I caught it it would of been filleted and the frame kept for crab pot bait. There's alot of crab pot bait there. In the event that the fish was no good for consuption then I would use the lot as crab pot bait. Waste not want not!.

More Redneck lingo from Nagg.
    Amazing stuff, different isnt wrong mate.
    Barraboy7
    " Fishing is not a hobby, a Hobby is something I do in my spare time! "

Hey Madman,

I travel past there almost everyday. About 6 months ago, around the corner a bit, there was a whole barra (unfilitted) up on a street sign, since then a fillited mackeral and another barra have been added to the sign. Maybe not the first time for the offending person !

Quote Originally Posted by fisho_83 View Post
    Hey Madman,

I travel past there almost everyday. Maybe not the first time for the offending person !
    Mere Supposition!

Hey Fisho_83,

I saw them too.

I think it gives the area a bit of character seeing good sized FILLETED fish hanging off street signs.

I just thought this was completely wasteful.

For those that thought someone may have found it at the ramp and decided to hang it up. Mate who could be bothered hauling a fish like that not knowing how old it is or how bad it smells.

Maybe I'm a bit jealous cause I haven't caught a good fish like that up here yet.

Let it be known when I do, they will be strung up also. But they will be filletted.

Cheers

Mark.

Whose keen for the Mackay Meet and Greet. Hopefully we can get some goodies to hang up to show off!!!