Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Long do you think he Lasted

Re: How Long do you think he Lasted

Thats funny Sea-Dog.
    He ate a possum once, that went straight down, no probs.

Beautiful neo seahunt ,i used to breed them long time ago.
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

Any turd that takes their own dog onto Fraser Island needs to feel the full force of the law. The dingoes on that island are the last of their kind. The ones on the mainland may look pure, but that is due to thousands of years of bloodline.

The reality is Fraser is the last sanctuary for dingos. They are part of what makes Fraser Island special. Dob the prick in.
    You are entitled to my opinion!
    -----------------------------------------

I reported the campers next to us at Coongul Ck for having a dog three weeks ago. Useless rangers did nothing.

Makes a person wonder how many thousands of domesticated dogs have visited/been born/died of old age on the Island before the prigs gained the upper blanketed hand. A hundred years of it easy, thats a lot of generations of dogs.

cheers fnq

The fact remains the dingoes on Fraser are pure. DNA shows that. What was done in the past is no excuse for ignorance today.

Quote Originally Posted by snatch View Post
    The fact remains the dingoes on Fraser are pure. DNA shows that. What was done in the past is no excuse for ignorance today.
    From memory,No "fact" they are not, I have researched these when at uni, they are "believed" or "thought" to be the most pure population of Dingoes, no-one knows what a 'pure' "type' dingo is with regard to region as all modern individuals probably hold genes/expressions interbred generations before.

cheers fnq

This is a holiday movie from 1976 ,note the pooch at the beginning.Yes it is on fraser .
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    From memory,No "fact" they are not, I have researched these when at uni, they are "believed" or "thought" to be the most pure population of Dingoes, no-one knows what a 'pure' "type' dingo is with regard to region as all modern individuals probably hold genes/expressions interbred generations before.

cheers fnq
    I spoke to a Qpws chief in the Whitsundays and he said they are definitely the last pure strain of Dingo left in Australia.

I spoke to a Qpws chief in the Whitsundays and he said they are definitely the last pure strain of Dingo left in Australia.
    That's where you went wrong snatch you talked to a governmental chief in a near bright green government department, what the great unwashed will swallow and propagate is in the environmental arena our futures biggest threat.

I didn't know about the 5000year thing as near enough certain (theory yes) but the rest is in a way common knowledge more or less, if ideology is kept out of the science, no one knows what a pure for 'type' and 'region' dingo is so they cannot test for it, even DNA test.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/...508124823.html

cheers fnq

Hello Everyone,
    Yeah a very interesting situation. I think that person should be hauled over the coals, or at least fined. Dingoes on Fraser may not be the pure thing, I don't know, but they should not be exposed to other species.
    I remember living and working on a property out from a small town called Westmah. The property next door had a lot of goats and hired a couple of young blokes to cull the animals. The owner started losing stock, sheep, they were killed from the back, kidneys and other offal eaten only. The carcass left to rot. They suspected dogs from neighbouring stations, alas this was not the case, dingoes were responsible. A tracker was employed, I happened to be doing some mustering and came across this bloke, he told me that dingoes were the most unpredictable animal to trap, he said that he may not trap these dogs. True to his words, no dogs were trapped. They are a pack animal, but are also loners, they will go miles around an unknown scent that crosses their trails. They are up there with all our native animals and they should be allowed to remain as they are, wild native dogs. There was a large mob of wild goats that ran on the station which I worked on, never found any mauled sheep, not even a goat carcass, the goats were there as part of the dingoes food chain.
    RosieM

Agree with all about the stupidity of the act!!!

Lets be clear about something. This MYTH about dingo's having it over a domestic dog I beleive is just that a myth. Any domestic dog of similar size to a dingo will make quick work of the dingo. IMO will be unlucky to lose against a small pack too. Sure they are wild and that gives them some sense of fear in humans but lets face it they hunt in a pack because they have to to bring down anything of size -even sheep and the like (generally)/

A few years back a good firend of mine bought a beautifull Black Staffy bitch with a pure white chest. He had to move house not long after and couldn't keep her. He sent the dog to live with his parents, not long after she came into heat for the very first time (still a very very small dog at this stage). A full grown large male dingo came sniffing around. This dog up until this point had done nothing but try to play with many other dogs it had come across. On first sight of the dingo, she bolted after it chasing it into the bush. Half hour later or so she comes trotting back with that shiny white chest covered in blood. The parents never found the dingo so it must have been quite a chase but you can imagine the outcome. I know a staffy will have it over most dogs because of it breeding but this girl was so young it would have been dangerous if she had had pups during that heat period and she seemed to make quick work of a dingo twice the size.

I have heard similar tails from pig hunters in remote places that have had two dogs stumble across packs of dingo's and from thier stories it was every dingo for himself when the two dogs got close.

So when i hear these stories about dingo's taking down domestic dogs i treat them as urban legends!!!!!

Cross breed dingo's with domestic dogs are a totally different story but usually are found as loner dogs.

My two cents.

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Any turd that takes their own dog onto Fraser Island needs to feel the full force of the law. The dingoes on that island are the last of their kind. The ones on the mainland may look pure, but that is due to thousands of years of bloodline.

The reality is Fraser is the last sanctuary for dingos. They are part of what makes Fraser Island special. Dob the prick in.
    Errrrrr maybee not, i can show you where there are 100's of them not more than 50k's from where i live, this is where the Gov may or may not have dumped all the ones that they may or may not have culled off Fraser island
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><