Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2008 Blue Fin Gold Coast Flathead Classic 1-4 Oct

Re: 2008 Blue Fin Gold Coast Flathead Classic 1-4 Oct

any updates on how the ausfishers have gone?

Unhappy Re: 2008 Blue Fin Gold Coast Flathead Classic 1-4 Oct

Well Cobiaman, to sum my day up................Crap, very very difficult, we (Team Nover Platinum) only managed 4 fish for a total of 99 points, dropped a cracker within the 1st 15 minutes a metre from the boat, I'm still shattered, spoke to bdowdy, he said it was tough also but he alone exceeded our team score. Have heard people like Ross McCubbin's Team and some Mate's of mine Team Slap hittin over 1000 points today!!!!! That's a great effort in that wind!!!!! There was one 97cm and a 91cm fish caught today, both jiggin heavies at The Pin.

Hopefully I'll have more luck tomorrow, really have no idea where to try, particularly to get out of the wind, gonna try around Crab Island and the back of Wavebreak, might even troll some Pig's around, anything's worth a shot after today!!!!!! Cheers, Jamie.

I Didn't fish the comp this year but went to presentations on saturday to see results, these are some of them.
    CHAMPION TEAM Team Sands 3281 points.
    RUNNER UP Logan River Marine 3073 points.
    CHAMPION ANGLER R Mc Cubbin 1704 points.
    RUNNER UP Corey Tarr 1455 points.
    Largest Flathead was a tie at 90 cm between Corey Tarr and Brett Howell.
    To my knoledge there was no 97 and 91 cm flathead caught, angler numbers were similar to last year but fish numbers were down by about 800, this shows how tough conditions were.
    cheers wayne.

had a great time as usual i think my team ended up with 1082 points ...26th place so we did okay for a few bush fellas that dont fish for flattys,our biggest fish went 61cm but dropped a high 70 to 80 at the boat....(*^()(&... NOT HAPPY...MOST OF OUR FISH WERE ON PLASTICS AND IN THE HIGH 40S AND 50S...cheers bdowdy..brett....WELL BE BACK NEXT YEAR...

A FEW OF OUR FISH [ATTACH]sum[/ATTACH]

Attachment 35848

Attachment 35849

Attachment 35850

Thumbs up Re: 2008 Blue Fin Gold Coast Flathead Classic 1-4 Oct

Nice work Brett, it was gr8 to meet you, we ended up 74th in our 1st Classic, had our best day on Saturday, the big girl I dropped at the boat on my 5th cast of the comp really hurt us, I think I'll be emotionally and mentally scarred for the rest of my life, probably been a lot better if I had not have seen her, shattered!!!!!!

As for the rumoured 97cm fish, turns out it was just that!!!! It seems plenty of crap flies around after every session. I learnt a heap, know my way around a bit better now, can't wait till next year, Team Nover Platinum will be back and aiming for a top 50 finish.

To Rob and all the other organisers, Cheers to you for an extremely professionally run comp, you guys rock, see you next year for sure, Cheers, Jamie.

nice to meet you jamie, and catch up with some other people,, great time had and yes well done to all the organizers..thanks bdowdy..brett TEAM CODSQUAD2

Quote Originally Posted by OverNover View Post
    There was one 97cm and a 91cm fish caught today, both jiggin heavies at The pin
    i also heard of a 97cm being caught from a couple of blokes but dont know what happened to it maybe photo didnt turn out.my best was 86cm pretty happy with that

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Thanx BK, don't s'pose you hooked up within the 1st half hour or so on Thursday did you, you look suspicously like the bloke who was fishing just South of me when I dropped a ripper at the boat, I then watched this person hook up and drag in a fish very similar in size to the one I dropped, probably the same fish, it would have been every bit of 80cm. I was up towards the pin on the east side casting the bank between the channel markers before you round the bend towards the pin, sorry, don't know my way round yet to name the spot exactly, Cheers, Jamie.

The confusion with the 97cm and 90cm fish is easy, One of my team mates was listening for goss behind her and she said WOW these guy's caught a 97cm fish but I heard the same conversation and he said 90cm. So it's the 7 that sounds like cm when your scanning for goss across a loud room things get confused. And then the Chinese whispers start!

there would have to be a simple explanation like that, chinese whispers does it again

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

It's amazing how it works isn't it, Howler's always up there when it comes to large fish isn't he, those Pigs really do the trick for him, I tried them a couple of times but only pulled very small fish, maybe they only go off in spot 'X', I know Howlers's team, the boys from Team Slap and Shane "Piggy" Gartner all fished the same spot successfully trolling Pigs.