Thread: New Stimulate Slam Baits

New Stimulate Slam Baits

Hi All

There was a lot of noise about a new product being released from Stimulate called "Slam Bait". While I have become an avid soft plastics fisherman, the advertised slam baits offered not only exposure to the soft plastic area but also a bait that could be used as a standard bait (in the vein of the Stimulate Instant Bait).

I got tired and confused with rumours and finally rang Freetime to get the real goss. Yes, "Slam Baits" are being released onto the market on the 1st September and in a variety of types and colours. The advertised advantage of this new bait is, as with other brands, good biodegradablity, but they have a new touch in that they appear to be nutritionally advantageuous to fish. Put another way, fish are able to digest this product with no apparent harm.

Seems a good thing for the bait fisherperson to have in stock as well.

Seems a good idea as well to prevent polution of our environment and to help conserve our precious fish stocks.

Re: New Stimulate Slam Baits

big section on them in the latest edition on the fishing dvd-zine at newsagents i believe there derived from or made out of the stimulate ultrabite scent stuff, they look like cool plastics will have to give em a shot hey!!

your mind is like a parachute, it only works when its open

Quote Originally Posted by fleety77 View Post
    big section on them in the latest edition on the fishing dvd-zine at newsagents i believe there derived from or made out of the stimulate ultrabite scent stuff, they look like cool plastics will have to give em a shot hey!!
    Hi buddy. Just to let you know that I have not affiliation with any company, just like to have a fish...for about the last 50 years.

In the early days, some green cord line with a 2/0 hook and a big steel nut for a sinker, the whole thing wrapped around a "Coke" bottle caught any number of fish. We even used to catch big muddies, with the help of the strainer lid of our parents water tank, with a rig like this.

Times change, tackle changes, and there appears to be a bit more water around fish these days.

In the "good old days", it was nothing to catch 20 bream, or 50 whiting or 100 trevally...shit I feel ashamed looking back on that. Not for catching fish, just for wasting them.

The new fishing technology makes the catching even easier. Light gear, super strong lines and brilliantly sharp hooks, coupled with fish hormones that make fish want to bite...etc. The new "Slams" will make a big impact, as did soft plastics.

Am I preaching?...probably, love to hear myself type

Use the new "Slams"...shit yeah

Only thing I ask, while preaching on a forum that didn't ask me to preach, is that we are aware of the technology that may kill our love of fishing simply because there will be no fish left.

Simple rule: "Catch what you need to eat"

Anyway, sorry for barging in like this

Harry Strybos
    0412 152 804

.....................................easy now

your mind is like a parachute, it only works when its open

Quote Originally Posted by fleety77 View Post
    .....................................easy now
    Yeah...sorry. Bottle of wine etc...

I watched this DVD from a fishing magazine (free DVD with the magazine) the guy was catching all fish on them more snapper than other though... I'll give them a go when they're out!

In the "good old days", it was nothing to catch 20 bream, or 50 whiting or 100 trevally...shit I feel ashamed looking back on that. Not for catching fish, just for wasting them.
    Careful Harry, talk like that round here and you get labeled a greenie

I have been using slam plastic with great resulst on snapper only down full is they are very soft and ripp or break very easy.But best product i have used on snapper..

Slam baits are very average ther body is way too stiff .. We only use plastics and were very hyped when they came into the fishing shop i work at.. The response from customers as well was the same.. Atomic guzzlers and the good old gulps do the job and are very reliable.

Hopefully they aren't to high in carbs..... LoL

The promo DVD just made it look so easy with those baits. But the guy was fishing with a top guide in rivers that were obviously chokkers with bream. You would have caught the same or more with the other established SPs. It was a bit cheesy and overdone making out that if your tie one of these things on its all over for the fish. Also a DVD condenses thru editing, how many days and hours of fishing into a 15 minute film. Nothings that easy, not withstanding the fact we can all have a purple patch occasionally.
    Be interesting to see if they get a foothold in the market, pretty stiff competition. I thought they looked pretty lifeless boring things when I checked them out at B...F
    Go the Gulps I say
    Flatzie

SLAM! Yeah I SLAM! thought that SLAM! the video was a SLAM! little SLAM! over the SLAM! top... Oh did I mention SLAM!

Mind you I bought some to try LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by flatzie View Post
    The promo DVD just made it look so easy with those baits. But the guy was fishing with a top guide in rivers that were obviously chokkers with bream. You would have caught the same or more with the other established SPs. It was a bit cheesy and overdone making out that if your tie one of these things on its all over for the fish. Also a DVD condenses thru editing, how many days and hours of fishing into a 15 minute film. Nothings that easy, not withstanding the fact we can all have a purple patch occasionally.
    Be interesting to see if they get a foothold in the market, pretty stiff competition. I thought they looked pretty lifeless boring things when I checked them out at B...F
    Go the Gulps I say
    Flatzie

What kind of knot's are you trying it helps with the action of any plastic or lure..there only lifeless if you make them that way its all about the knot and the twitch. Lure Knot is best for me anyway....

I did a 3 week fishing trip in NZ over Xmas, in every tackle shop there is a big 'Slam Bait' display board as you come in the door, when my tackle industry mate asked the inevitable Q: how are they selling? the answer was always the same: "sold a few but most regulars who come buy go back to buying 'Gulp'".
    Limit your Catch - Don't Catch your Limit