Page 8 of 249 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

Re: MONDURAN & AWOONGA in September

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    no gee up mate, Foxie gave Kim flaps to play with last trip. I gave flaps a quick flick, ended up putting it back in the box due to lack of confidence.... didn't know what to do with it!! Steve has been putting in the hard yards with his flaps and now starting to see some reward for his efforts. Early attempts saw flaps getting mauled by barra only to rip out its tow point.....leaving a barra swimming around still chewing on flaps. maybe it was a one off tho' as his new flaps have landed a couple now.
    Roo ....... That is funny!
    So, Steve ditched his stiffy & went for flaps instead ( a logical move) & now we have flap munchin barra in Monduran
    .......... Can someone tell me if flaps need to be twitched or jerked to provide the best stimulus

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Roo ....... That is funny!
    So, Steve ditched his stiffy & went for flaps instead ( a logical move) & now we have flap munchin barra in Monduran
    .......... Can someone tell me if flaps need to be twitched or jerked to provide the best stimulus

Chris
    i'd say twitched chris ,i reckon the boneys deserve the other option..
    deano.

Is "s"factor still rubbed onto these new lures????or are they better without it??Steve????if so is there a technique????So many questions.... so few answers...

Quote Originally Posted by chewy01 View Post
    Is "s"factor still rubbed onto these new lures????or are they better without it??Steve????if so is there a technique????So many questions.... so few answers...
    i'm with you chewy,,,comon spill the beans boys & gals..... pleaseeee...

This thread makes my laugh...... S factor, Flaps, Stiffies...Frogs... And just to throw another one into the mix...Banana Lures Over the past Few months Scotty and myself have been trialing a new method using Bananas..Yes we did stumble onto it but l can tell you it works a treat....Yes l can here you now...What a load of ....Bananas.......Just wait untill you see the photos..

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    This thread makes my laugh...... S factor, Flaps, Stiffies...Frogs... And just to throw another one into the mix...Banana Lures Over the past Few months Scotty and myself have been trialing a new method using Bananas..Yes we did stumble onto it but l can tell you it works a treat....Yes l can here you now...What a load of ....Bananas.......Just wait untill you see the photos..
    NANNAS ! Have we missed something ??

what about the green bombers
    twicth , flick , just get up there and have ago, bring on september 12th . i reckon always exciting using a new lure , patterns i m sure we all will work out one way or the other
    go the bomber (lol) ok someone tell which is isane bay to me there all insane but it look very familar

Chris just a bit of background info....What happened was....Fishing with Scotty back in June l was eating a Banana and l threw the skin in he water.. . We both watched this Barra grab the skin and eat it.. .So l tried it with a full one.. The result was unreal... The fish where fighting over it. .Now before you dismiss this think about Barra in the wild. They are a tropical fish Sootys eat the fruit that drop from the trees So why cant barra eat fruit that is washed down the streams So that got us thinking...What about just rubbing our lures with the fruit....Like you do with the S factor..Thats got to work.. .Results where mixed.. Somedays yes other days not even a touch ..:cry: .So how do you rig a Banana ? Where do you put the hooks ?. . Ever tried to throw a Banana that is attached to your rod.. ..So after months of trail and error...mostly error...a method has worked ...it works so well like 100% hookup rates What method ? Sorry guys with the ABT just around the corner...So forget those flaps, frogs,Stiffies even green bombers go and get some Bananas...
    Last edited by Awoonga; 16-08-2008 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Add the fishy photos

So then when using bananas,what do you rub on it????? Custard perhaps????

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    Chris just a bit of background info....What happened was....Fishing with Scotty back in June l was eating a Banana and l threw the skin in he water.. . We both watched this Barra grab the skin and eat it.. .So l tried it with a full one.. The result was unreal... The fish where fighting over it. .Now before you dismiss this think about Barra in the wild. They are a tropical fish Sootys eat the fruit that drop from the trees So why cant barra eat fruit that is washed down the streams So that got us thinking...What about just rubbing our lures with the fruit....Like you do with the S factor..Thats got to work.. .Results where mixed.. Somedays yes other days not even a touch ..:cry: .So how do you rig a Banana ? Where do you put the hooks ?. . Ever tried to throw a Banana that is attached to your rod.. ..So after months of trail and error...mostly error...a method has worked ...it works so well like 100% hookup rates What method ? Sorry guys with the ABT just around the corner...So forget those flaps, frogs,Stiffies even green bombers go and get some Bananas...Photos to follow
    This will be good ........ I can see those lady fingers & the sugar ones ( red wax on the end) now ........... Fished "walk the dog" fashion
    WOW!!!

Chris

PS ..... fished the rocks once for kingies ...... Not a thing! Mate throws in his empty cigarette packet ......... & it was slammed by a 30lb + kingie ....... so Trev , nothing surprises me!

Man this is a long thread!

Best of luck with your trips Chriso... got to admit, the Bonies are working well just about everywhere at the moment (got a nice one yesterday on one), but don't forget the Bomber's mate - god I love em'!

Theo
    TT

Fellas and Kim,

I have just been rolling old flaps slowly, no twitch, no pause...pretty basic stuff. You can twitch them, and do have a pretty good action worked that way. What Roo said is true. I lost one earlier in the winter when the towpoint pulled clean out. It had 2 hits in about 20 meters of bank. I have only got a handful on them so far, but a handful is good at the moment. Come spring, I think they will be OK....its not a marketing ploy...or destraction away from other lure. I have just been useing them a bit and they work OK...another option. I dont mind telling anyone how I catch fish...even with ABT around the corner!! I must be BANANAS to do that!!
    Steve

Trev, LOVE the banana lures! It would be awesome to see a rig or photo or are you guys just monkeying around!!! .....just one tincy wincy thing. Would they be classed as bait or lure in an ABT situation???? Food for thought...pardon the pun!

Yea i love the bombers,salt or fresh.i still like gold,the scaled ones(most of my mondy barra have come on em)but silver and green work well.after a good fish but you have to really check out the eyelets.they have a tendancy to come looose after a good fish.i only rig em with no.4 owners to give em a bit more action

Chewy - No. 4 Owners? You still find the hook up rate alright? I only use the 4's on one of my favourite lures the Little Lucifer.

Go the Olive Bombers! If a hungry Barra isn't interested in a well placed and twitched Olive Bomber then its retarded in my mind LOL

Theo
    TT

Steve, maybe it would be classed as bait ...But...we are working on a plan...l can just see it now as they check the boat in the ABT Barra comp...Lights check, Camera check ,Brag matt check,...Ok guys check to see if there are any Bananas on board...lol
    Last edited by Awoonga; 16-08-2008 at 03:00 PM. Reason: more fishee photos