Page 57 of 249 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast

Thread: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

Re: BEN HUR : MONDURAN (Mondy Muster) & AWOONGA in September

Tropical Trout......GONE!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Tropical Trout......GONE!
    Me next......Ahhhh Well it's been fun PS Havn't done myself any favours putting this post up
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Steve ....... Doesn't a slim beauty involve tying a overhand (granny) ....... Which then clangs through the guides .............. I'm not to sure if I would be using it when you are casting long with say slick rigs
    Not sure ...... what do you think

Chris
    Little clang!! not half as bad as the albright made with double from bimini. just my observations. Made on single strand vs double. hence smaller knot.

Quote Originally Posted by mikooh View Post
    Chris,

With the tag facing back towards you and the braid wraps forming a sort of tapered section in front of the largest part of the knot they travel through the guides quite smoothly. There is no clanging like when you use an albright, and I am yet to have a SB unravel on the cast like albrights tend to do when your casting flat out for distance repeatedly (might be the way I tie em- who knows )

Mick
    Thanks Mick, Iwas trying to think how to word that.

Roo, Ha ha...If the best poster boys for slim and beauty are Jas, You and Me.... then Its in real strife.!!!

Kim, We better save some berroccas for the muster crowd too!! Sounds like it might be required.
    Went out today....Saw a few deadies...looked old though. Water is still 21deg with a cooooold SE wind. Got 1 fishy on about 5th cast....slickkkky did the triccccky , not another look in from there.....wind came up to about 30 knots by 10am....home by 12am!!! I think this wind is what the dam needed, increase the O2, dirty it up a little. its very clear which aint that good...hopefully if my mates at accuweather are right, next weekend should be a pearler!!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Roo, Ha ha...If the best poster boys for slim and beauty are Jas, You and Me.... then Its in real strife.!!!
    Don't be so hard on yourself....at least 2 out of 3 of us have made it into a nationally distributed publication.....and one of us has a mug on the telly from time to time, even if he's a bit sheepish about manlove ...
    I've got James Blunt playing on the sound system in the office right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    Don't be so hard on yourself....at least 2 out of 3 of us have made it into a nationally distributed publication.....and one of us has a mug on the telly from time to time, even if he's a bit sheepish about manlove ...
    I've got James Blunt playing on the sound system in the office right now!
    Roo,

If you catch a fish I PROMISE I will put a photo in the Gin Gin Recorder with my next article!!....Its a highly respected publication worldwide. You will have sponsor climbing over each other for a piece of you!.....not to mention a few local barra groupie girls!!..

What colour slicky Steve? I hope they are right about the weather predictions.
    Barra groupies...that would be you and foxie wouldn't it?? He's all yours!!
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Quote Originally Posted by themissus View Post
    What colour slicky Steve? I hope they are right about the weather predictions.
    Barra groupies...that would be you and foxie wouldn't it?? He's all yours!!
    Cheers Kim.
    drop bear Kim, I think thats what its called. Pro range.

DOnt reckon colour made a difference. I was working it on the edge of a fresh weedbed I found and Whacko. Awoonga style!!!

Strap 1kg of RR and the S10 to him and its a deal!!!

Steve

DONE....Sold to the nice man who has no idea what trouble he is in for.
    I have a very strict NO REFUND policy.
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...

I dont think you need any more softies KimOr you will need a bigger tow vehicle to get here.... just remember you can only throw one at a time

already got them, plus a pack of spare tails
    Thats what i caught my first barra on.
    RR will stay at home before any of the fishing gear does.
    Cheers Kim.

Quote Originally Posted by themissus View Post
    already got them, plus a pack of spare tails
    Thats what i caught my first barra on.
    RR will stay at home before any of the fishing gear does.
    Cheers Kim.
    Notice she never mentioned what size??
    she's a keeper, size doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    Mick, whilst your knot detailing skills may be first class, your music history is sadly second grade. that was "Queen". Freddy Mercury.....you know the skinny pommy bloke with a passion for snorting and cavorting.
    That was quite a stuff up wasn't it

You will be happy to know that I've fixed my little mistake with BOLD PINK, just how our mate Freddy would have liked it

Mick

Steve,
    thanks for the report, i was going to pose a question to all the gurus.
    while looking through my last 10 yrs or barra logs at work today it struck me that mabe iv been too fixated on temp in the past in the dams.Though most my barra experience has been in the salt it seems iv caught a lot of fish in aug/sept in 19/20 degree water temps.What is curious is i havnt got a fish before we have had our first big blow for the spring be it northerly or sou easter.I guess my question is do these barra,particularly the big girls that are roeing up need this blow(ie.higher o2 levels )to kick on and start their feeding before spawning.Or in dams case their move to main basin.When we used to dive the barra were still very physically active in winter so im thinking the cold itself isnt enough to slow them down.Is it more the calm weather reducing surface movement in winter,reducing the o2 levels. Or a combination of both.I dont really know anything about o2 levels so im looking for any info.Someone has a dissolved o2 probe?Is it monitored during winter?Geez sorry bout the long winded post... but... i need help... no comment required thanks roo chewy. this all being the cas im thinking of shooting down the burrum on the weekend.. the barra were there 6 weeks ago so should still..if i can get a leave pass. i have a very hard task master

i my way to work today i was thinking i wonder what you all do for a job me bakehouse mgr