Page 247 of 249 FirstFirst ... 147197237238239240241242243244245246247248249 LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 3729

Thread: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

Thumbs up Re: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

Well it has been a bit late coming I know,
    (I only got home on the weekend and both Ausfish and I have had some wiring problems ) ) but the Muster 2010 went ahead for those who attended and as always those that went enjoyed good company, camp fires, camp ovens, a few quite ones and even good weather this year.

The fishing was bloody tough to say the least. Team bagged out claimed the title of Muster Master this year being the only ones to have caught fish by Saturday night.

There was about 20 around the camp fire Saturday night, including some newbies.

You didn't have to go far on the lake to see a familiar face unfortunately all with a similiar tale of woe on the fishing front. Things were so Grim Snodger was even bragging about two snodger cat fish until Saturday night because no one had caught anything else.

Conditions were good and as usual the muster went off without a hitch. This time the people were well spread across the grounds as they arrived at different times but we mustered around the fire in the evening to compare notes. The young blokes were pretty happy with themselves having caught Barra when no one else had and all credit to them. Although they were not keen to disclose the location. A secret? or maybe No Secret?

Any way it was good to have a few days with a few mates sharing a camp fire and a few beers. A few more fish would have been good but as always they came on the chew just after I left (apparently).

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Re: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

Good to catch up ...... as always Daz!

Fishin was tough ..... unusually for this time of year - keeps ya on your toes , I guess.

Good to see that those that came up enjoyed themselves though.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Good to catch up ...... as always Daz!

Fishin was tough ..... unusually for this time of year - keeps ya on your toes , I guess.

Good to see that those that came up enjoyed themselves though.

Chris
    The fishing always seems tuff when you blokes are their? Must be some bad luck following you around.

Thumbs down Re: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

Quote Originally Posted by .:::stotty:::. View Post
    The fishing always seems tuff when you blokes are their? Must be some bad luck following you around.
    :::Stotty::: ..... before you start making comments , you might want to read through some reports over the past few weeks - guys that normally produce the goods have struggled at Monduran...... A fish or two would be considered a good result.
    Nothing to do with bad luck - just the nuances of impoundment barra fishing atm .
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 23-09-2010 at 08:00 PM.
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

:::Stotty::: ..... before you start making comments , you might want to read through some reports over the past few weeks - guys that normally produce the goods have struggled at Monduran...... A fish or two would be considered a good result.
    Nothing to do with bad luck - just the nuances of impoundment barra fishing atm .
    Chris I wasn't being smart mate, I have read throu hence why I said that comment.

1-2 fish for that much effort and money?

Fuel for car and boat, fishing gear, time of work and fire wood... Althou you can even find wood in the middle of the dam.
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 23-09-2010 at 08:01 PM.

I'm sure you understand the meaning of passion - with no real need to explain why we do what we do ....... If we racked up cricket scores each trip - I doubt we would continue to chase them so enthusiastically (I wouldn't)...... the chance to tangle with a big fish is enough of an incentive
    Aside from the fishing , there is the social aspect along with spending time on these magnificent waterways . ..... its a whole package
    Cost ..... a pkt a day smoking habit would cost more than a trip away every month or so.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Sorry mate I totally forgot about the good times spent with mates around the dam fire.

Sorry mate I totally forgot about the good times spent with mates around the dam fire.
    Even the ones in the camp ground will do
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Even the ones in the camp ground will do
    Thats good too see, hopefully the trees will survive for many more years to come.

Cheers stotty

Thats good too see, hopefully the trees will survive for many more years to come.

Cheers stotty
    Probably
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

What is stotty on about Nagg

Quote Originally Posted by tim barra master View Post
    What is stotty on about Nagg
    Who knows - just wonders in to stir the pot......

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

this dude loves to stir the sh.. ,if he is the same fella from brissie doin the same thing ,not worth taking another breath over, life is too short to worry about wa.....s like this ,sorry nagg for hijacking

Quote Originally Posted by warrior View Post
    this dude loves to stir the sh.. ,if he is the same fella from brissie doin the same thing ,not worth taking another breath over, life is too short to worry about wa.....s like this ,sorry nagg for hijacking

Not a problem Al .......... we can all see it

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Oops - hold your tongue Pete, not worth it....
    Last edited by Peter4; 23-09-2010 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Amended my response....