Page 243 of 249 FirstFirst ... 143193233234235236237238239240241242243244245246247248249 LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 3729

Thread: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

Re: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

Quote Originally Posted by mylestom View Post
    Chris,

No you are wrong, lots of fisherfolk both male and female, old and young spend a lot more days at this impoundment than 20-25 nights. Agree that a lot of Ausfishers fish there, but, so do a lot of other clubs and other groups, family's, younger people, middle aged and older people as well.

Insulting people by calling them nomads or any other tag is not on. Stick to the facts, if you are disobeying the regulations just wear it. Don't take your anger out on one age group.

The rights of all are to be considered not just a few.

Sometimes your statements are a laugh, but can't let go with this one.

Think what you like about who you are and yes mates will stick together, but in this one you are way off.

There was so much effort put into the Barra Brochure about behaviour, but some people seem to think that only effects their behaviour on the water.

Have no beef with any of the Ausfishers or other groups, but maybe the respect for others is a 24 hour thing.

Think we all learn and its the learning experience that makes everyone a better person.

Regards

Trev

Fair dinkum Trev ...... It's Sunday night Insulting the Nomads - hell it's what the retired caravaners / campers are known as!! ....... hell many even wear it as a badge of honor - Did you know they have their own website ???????????????? www.thegreynomads.com.au
    Fairdinkum - political correctness yet again!. ..... so maybe you can leave that one alone !

Now that I unloaded that

Trev .... no doubt there would be some that spend more nights at Mondy than I do - that wasn't the point .......... I and we spend collectively on average more nights than most . We made up probably close 50% of the parks clients last weekend ..... the amount of families was minimal ( very few kids around) - The majority of people that stay there are fishoes ...... with the nomads occupying the lower sites........

as for disobeying regulations - well - that is debatable ( yes we were awake & talking around a fire) but it was not noisy - I went to bed early a couple of nights & my tent was no more than 5M away ........... It certainly didn't effect me.
    Shoot those freakin Kookaburras that are up before sunrise or those that get up at 4am to go and have a fish ........ inconsiderate so & so's starting their 4WDs and letting them warm up - 2 way street stuff

As for considering others - why do you think this topic was raised ? ....... am I missing something?

I'll bring a box of ear plugs to hand out......... probably will help overcome their partners snoring

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Chris,

No you are wrong, lots of fisherfolk both male and female, old and young spend a lot more days at this impoundment than 20-25 nights. Agree that a lot of Ausfishers fish there, but, so do a lot of other clubs and other groups, family's, younger people, middle aged and older people as well.

Insulting people by calling them nomads or any other tag is not on. Stick to the facts, if you are disobeying the regulations just wear it. Don't take your anger out on one age group.

The rights of all are to be considered not just a few.

Sometimes your statements are a laugh, but can't let go with this one.

Think what you like about who you are and yes mates will stick together, but in this one you are way off.

There was so much effort put into the Barra Brochure about behaviour, but some people seem to think that only effects their behaviour on the water.

Have no beef with any of the Ausfishers or other groups, but maybe the respect for others is a 24 hour thing.

Think we all learn and its the learning experience that makes everyone a better person.

Regards

Trev
    Yeah valid point Trev but to be straight with ya the word nomad is something they themselves use in their clubs you yourself would know that dragging ya van around in time gone by not to mention nomad is simply short for nomadic meaning people who move from place to place....

So the nomads are mostly retired people and like the peace and quiet in which we are saying they need to be catered for by the camp ground mannagment and that being said moved to the lower grounds and there is plenty of room there for more sites and a better facilitated Camp kitchen...

This meaning they wont have cause to complain to the majority that is camping fishos.

So as a focal point the top kitchen is somewhat a great spot for all fishos to converge and talk about their days and not have to worry about disurbing the more relaxed Nomads for fear of complaint.

Beside this topic is not the main topic of intrest with us as we received 1 complaint for one night with at least 70 to 80 people total surrounding a fire for the few nights not bad at all in anyones book.

The problems where as stated no camp kitchen light for late returners in which hundreds over the warmer months will want. Very poor drainage in the case of rain, grey water from vans left to flow out to the ground to be washed down hill in rains. Rising cost and the only change is the speed bump on a hill.

As i said before the more the facility gets to people the more the people will opt for the over night in the boat or head off elsewhere and this will cause all sorts of dramas because why a family park was made in a park built for fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Yeah valid point Trev but to be straight with ya the word nomad is something they themselves use in their clubs you yourself would know that dragging ya van around in time gone by not to mention nomad is simply short for nomadic meaning people who move from place to place....

So the nomads are mostly retired people and like the peace and quiet in which we are saying they need to be catered for by the camp ground mannagment and that being said moved to the lower grounds and there is plenty of room there for more sites and a better facilitated Camp kitchen...

This meaning they wont have cause to complain to the majority that is camping fishos.

So as a focal point the top kitchen is somewhat a great spot for all fishos to converge and talk about their days and not have to worry about disurbing the more relaxed Nomads for fear of complaint.

Beside this topic is not the main topic of intrest with us as we received 1 complaint for one night with at least 70 to 80 people total surrounding a fire for the few nights not bad at all in anyones book.

The problems where as stated no camp kitchen light for late returners in which hundreds over the warmer months will want. Very poor drainage in the case of rain, grey water from vans left to flow out to the ground to be washed down hill in rains. Rising cost and the only change is the speed bump on a hill.

As i said before the more the facility gets to people the more the people will opt for the over night in the boat or head off elsewhere and this will cause all sorts of dramas because why a family park was made in a park built for fishing.
    That's right Nath - 1 complaint ........ probably by someone that went to bed at 8pm & waited for the 10pm curfew to complain. There are too many of these types around ........... My unit is a prime example - I just moved in - 10.05pm on the first Sat night ...... knock on the door "your music is too load!" ......... - yeh whatever! ........ I fell asleep on the lounge watching a music DVD

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Lightbulb Re: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

Quote Originally Posted by themissus View Post
    It's not so much the CK that's the problem, it's sitting around the bush telly until the wee hours. I didn't think we were that loud friday night I headed to bed around midnight and didn't think the remaining group were loud at all. But noise does travel and when you get 10-15 people having 3 or 4 different conversations it can raise the noise a little. That said, there were at last half a dozen of us camped close to the fire ring and none of us had an issue. As a group, we are now more aware of the noise level than ever and make an effort to keep it down, it's disappointing that we are still getting hammered for it. With 35 - 40 of us there over the two days I don't see what else we could have done, we pick up after ourselves and keep the camp kitchen and our camp sites clean. We have cleaned up the hot plates and benches after non AF'er guests have left a mess so they can't blame us
    Funny that it's only Mondy that we have run into this issue, borumbah and sommerset haven't been a problem with simular size groups at both. Hell at sommerset last year we were the model group.
    And I hope will be again.

Quote Originally Posted by themissus View Post
    Paul, they had a word to Dashing Daz at the CK on saturday morning, someone had made a complaint that we were to noisy and kept them awake. Asked us to keep the noise down.
    Yes the Acting manager did have something to say and I happened to be in the kitchen in the morning. As usual I was in no hurry to rush off in the cold. .

I told the A/Manager that I would ask the mob to keep it down.

No doubt some one had complained and wether it was warranted is debatable. I had gone to bed early as usual and having had a substantial quantity of refreshing ale found it necessary to relieve some of that on more than one occasion. As always I camp away from the Camp Kitchen so as not to be too close to those who choose to stay up. I did hear voices around the fire late but they were certainly not too rowdy.

The A/Manager was camped in his van under the light opposite the office. I would have expected if he believed the noise was to excess he would have only had to walk over and ask those responsible to keep it down. An inconvenience perhaps but non the less the only way of addressing those concerned. I am sure the comments were only as a response to some one else's complaint. As I have said before if you don't want to listen to the noise at the camp kitchen don't camp close to it. That off course does not justify excessive noise but I don't believe there was excessive noise on this occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    as usual, when I dont attend, you mob miss my calming influence, and stay up past 7.30PM!!

If it was only one comment from staff, and passed along in a reasonable way, is it worth worrying about? They have to cater for all, and be fair to all, which is why the 10.00PM time is usually "quiet" time I spose.
    I know you guys wouldnt have had the music blaring, or been yelling, but yeah, sound does travel on a quiet nite.

Move the main fire gathering off #13, and down along the fence line, or into genny section, and see what happens?
    Brian, This is the most appropriate response IMHO. The crew are in general responsible and respectful and anyone who has mixed it person would know that. The problem is once the fourex fog settles in the party can go on a little longer or louder than any one planned. I don't think there is a real problem but in fairness to all if there is a reasonable prospect of a late night crowd around the fire of knowledge then a location away from the rest is not only a good idea but is seen by others to be a considerate jesture.

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    hey nath i didnt catch up to what happened to the old hat ?
    i agree with rakey maybe the fire down in the gully could make all the difference and if ya camp with me i got a genrator that can run ya charger so has dags as well and i must say it was nice and quiet down there and less eyes on ya too
    if there is a reasonable prospect of a late night crowd around the fire of knowledge then a location away from the rest is not only a good idea but is seen by others to be a considerate move.

Trev, don't take Nagg's reference to 'nomads' as a derogatory label I am sure it was not intended that way. Plenty of us look forward to being part of that fraternity and from my experience the 'nomads' not offended by the title, generally they are happy to come over for a yarn with those who are yet to reach that status.

As for fees the fact is now the 'Family Parks' consortium have taken over a lot of parks, they employ managers and dictate the fees so the site staff are just that, staff and have no say on the fee structure. Don't get me wrong I certainly do not advocate the high fees, especially when they effectively have a monopoly on camping at the Dam. There is little the staff can do and be mindful those persons who go there to get away from the maddening crowd paid the same fees and are rightly disappointed to find their peaceful retreat not so quite.

All in all I don't think there is a real big issue here but I know I go camping to get away so I try to camp away from the main pit; conversely when there is a group that are likely to be up later than most then they should either keep the noise to a dull raw and / or camp away from the main area.

And that is what we usually do.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Nomad, was not used in the context of respect.

The Barra Brochure was and is promoted by a lot of people on this site and others.

There was so much talk and comment and the good that it has achieved.

The problems need to be addressed in regard to the site (Caravan Park). Yes I agree, but there are ways any means of registering any concerns that you have. Nathan in previous posts asked others to write.

The Caravan park have had Development applications in with Local Council and Govt for over four years. Perhaps it not just the park at fault.

Expect some flack if you want to dish it to me. But yes I am retired, Grey and camp and fish. Am I then a Nomad, not by my definition and certainly not in the context used in these posts.

Enjoy the fishing and the comments and good times. But also enjoy my times at this Caravan park and others. It is one of the better ones around with great staff and management, which are very approachable and helpful.

Have a nice day.

Trev
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

Well to be honest I think its hit the top and words will get twisted and turned to what they see fit and thats not in anyones best intrest all issues will be forwarded by anyone who puts through a email. and thats that!!!!!

Now on with the most important thing the FISHIN and we have bass to catch first anyhow!

Nomad, was not used in the context of respect.

The Barra Brochure was and is promoted by a lot of people on this site and others.

There was so much talk and comment and the good that it has achieved.

The problems need to be addressed in regard to the site (Caravan Park). Yes I agree, but there are ways any means of registering any concerns that you have. Nathan in previous posts asked others to write.

The Caravan park have had Development applications in with Local Council and Govt for over four years. Perhaps it not just the park at fault.

Expect some flack if you want to dish it to me. But yes I am retired, Grey and camp and fish. Am I then a Nomad, not by my definition and certainly not in the context used in these posts.

Enjoy the fishing and the comments and good times. But also enjoy my times at this Caravan park and others. It is one of the better ones around with great staff and management, which are very approachable and helpful.

Have a nice day.

Trev
    Trev ... please don't make assumptions that I use the term "Grey Nomads" in a derogatory way ......... Mondy has fishoes & nomads - some nomads fish - --- you are a fishoe in my eyes !
    Its an excepted term to describe the retired caravaners as nomads........ I just see them as a fellow park users
    Sorry ...... I will call them F^2%in nomads when they block the boat ramp to set themselves up or tow below the speed limit on the Highways

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Trev ... please don't make assumptions that I use the term "Grey Nomads" in a derogatory way ......... Mondy has fishoes & nomads - some nomads fish - --- you are a fishoe in my eyes !
    Its an excepted term to describe the retired caravaners as nomads........ I just see them as a fellow park users
    Sorry ...... I will call them F^2%in nomads when they block the boat ramp to set themselves up or tow below the speed limit on the Highways

Chris
    Chris,

No point trying to stop the us and them theme, it seems to come down to each time.

Enjoy your fishing.

Will avoid any such event myself because of the above. As do others. Seems a pity.

Have a nice day

Trev
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

Not a problem Trev ...... you too

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Hi all
    I too have just caught up with this part of the thread, i did hear about the manager asking dazza about the noise,
    But i was camped on site 12 near the driveway i went to bed at 12 pm friday night and 11 pm saturday night and the most i heard was a mumble and when i got got up for a call of nature at 1 am there still people around the fire but i could not here a word being said, sat night i went to bed at 11pm and still i heard no sounds at all, i spoke to a gent with 3 small kids camped nears us and said sorry if we caused any noise on either night and he informed me that there was no noise that he heard and the kids were not kept awake by any noise so i do not know who put in the complaint , also Gunna was in the office on sat lunch time as a caravan crew were checking in and the women told them that they were going onto site 1 and there may be a bit of noise due to a large fishing group there for the weekend but they ended up going to the bottom camp ground

shane

Fellas,

I think everyone has valid points in this one. Unfortunatley on our best behavior (which we were) we are un-intentionally still noisy.

Position, people numbers, campground setup are all against ANY large group gathering at the campground as it stands. We simply cant keep having it in the centre of the park.

The gatherings are a victim of there own popularity. We have to change. There is no other option. Either we find somewhere else to camp (gather), or we just down size, or dont have these organised gatherings. Something has to be done to avoid this, or this subject WILL dominate after every event whether we behave or not, and this is not what we are all about.

Cheers Steve
    I dont have ADHD......ohh look a squirrell !!!

I think Steve's right. The easiest solution is to shift any organised gatherings to a location in the park where the rights of all park users are respected.

It is certainly not our intention to make excessive noise but through sheer weight of numbers, it can be unavoidable. Noise travels easily at night....even a dull murmur can be picked up hundreds of metres away....bit like listening to the rain on tin roofs get closer and closer.

In the park itself, the genny area near the dam wall seems to be the most practical. Sure we have to "power"ourselves but it is a small price to pay to keep all park users happy, including ourselves.

Let's not make this into something that is bigger than it really is.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Fellas,

I think everyone has valid points in this one. Unfortunatley on our best behavior (which we were) we are un-intentionally still noisy.

Position, people numbers, campground setup are all against ANY large group gathering at the campground as it stands. We simply cant keep having it in the centre of the park.

The gatherings are a victim of there own popularity. We have to change. There is no other option. Either we find somewhere else to camp (gather), or we just down size, or dont have these organised gatherings. Something has to be done to avoid this, or this subject WILL dominate after every event whether we behave or not, and this is not what we are all about.

Cheers Steve
    As you come in off the main road i think there is a sign with a phone number for the SDA camp area saying for rent ect thenmaybe someone could follow this up and find out what the cost is ect i am sure most people would be willing to put in towards this instead of camping fee's , did someone mention the had a kitchen area there and a shed block as well steve might know

regards shane

And a water slide
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    And a water slide
    I believe that is called the doughnut slide you sit on a inflated rubber innertube and slide down if you get a doughnut for the weekend like walking the plank