Thread: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

Re: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

as usual, when I dont attend, you mob miss my calming influence, and stay up past 7.30PM!!

If it was only one comment from staff, and passed along in a reasonable way, is it worth worrying about? They have to cater for all, and be fair to all, which is why the 10.00PM time is usually "quiet" time I spose.
    I know you guys wouldnt have had the music blaring, or been yelling, but yeah, sound does travel on a quiet nite.
    On the flip side, I'd be a rich man if I had a dollar for every time some other mob has made plenty of noise at all hours, either in the CK or in their camp, last trip up with Noel and Dave callop a perfect example with some young blokes yahoing at midnight camped down around the bottom tree, and we were up at the very top as you drive in, and they were loud! Thats OK, I dont complain, I just make sure when I leave at 4.00AM to go fishing, their tents get hit with the high beams as I drive out.
    What about when the dirt bike crew arrives, they dont stuff around, they take the whole CK, string up tarps, load up tables, becomes their own for the whole week end?

I'd be inerested in loking at alternate locations, SDA sounds good, but how will the owners react to us having a cooling cordial on a warm nite, or other campers?
    Will it just be the same, if not more restrictive?

I dunno, other option is flick the CK. Its handy when it rains, and for cooking brekky, other wise, we all have enough gear (Reno MORE than enough) to be reasonably self sufficient for week enders.
    Move the main fire gathering off #13, and down along the fence line, or into genny section, and see what happens?

Yes I do agree with the fire idea at a more ideal location like last muster last year. The main thing B is that the camp is continueing to raise the price and there is no change apart from a great brain putting a speed bump on a flippin hill. when the road is deteriating and the place is a waterfall when it rains and the main sorce of fun for the kids is to bring a bike!

The trouble is the wide veiw is that more and more either will go a hour further north or sleep in boats, then the landslide happens and time restrictions come in and the place goes to the sh!#

Yeah, I dont have ruggies, so I never look at it from that perspective, and your right re drainage, grey water and ammenities.
    I'd love a pool, imagine that on a January trip!!

How much is the price rise, first I heard?

More importantly, did you buy a new hat??

Hehehe yeah mate new Hat... feel back to normal now

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Hehehe yeah mate new Hat... feel back to normal now
    hey nath i didnt catch up to what happened to the old hat ?
    i agree with rakey maybe the fire down in the gully could make all the difference and if ya camp with me i got a genrator that can run ya charger so has dags as well and i must say it was nice and quiet down there and less eyes on ya too

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    hey nath i didnt catch up to what happened to the old hat ?
    i agree with rakey maybe the fire down in the gully could make all the difference and if ya camp with me i got a genrator that can run ya charger so has dags as well and i must say it was nice and quiet down there and less eyes on ya too
    Nath, I also have a genny you can use anytime too mate.
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

btw .... for those hanging around - probably going to do a sleep out (Sunday or Monday night) .... weather dependent

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    btw .... for those hanging around - probably going to do a sleep out (Sunday or Monday night) .... weather dependent

Chris
    Oh no that means I got to take Prinny's bloody twinkle twinkle star snow globe and night light in the boat ....

Yeah Simon I was in a flat out rush getting the boat on the trailer and tied down before a thumpin storm at Borumba and removed the hat in the process laeving it on the deck of the boat so needless to say it blew out on the way home.... but al it good again

Cheers Reno

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Oh no that means I got to take Prinny's bloody twinkle twinkle star snow globe and night light in the boat ....

Yeah Simon I was in a flat out rush getting the boat on the trailer and tied down before a thumpin storm at Borumba and removed the hat in the process laeving it on the deck of the boat so needless to say it blew out on the way home.... but al it good again

Cheers Reno

bugger oh well at least ya got a newy .

So maybe that may be a great idea finding a loctaion on the dam somewhere . Steve and foxie may know someone who will let us camp out there or just go to where we had lunch

Hmmm camping at B... is it legal???

Quote Originally Posted by snodger 08 View Post
    Hmmm camping at B... is it legal???

shhhhhhh ....... looking for some out of the way spots
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

kabosh on bank side camping, plenty of signs up near 2 mile stating keep out, I'd be reluctant to go down that path with out land owners permission.
    Dont want to wake up in the morn to some irate farmer waving a 12 gauge and muttering "tresspasser".

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    kabosh on bank side camping, plenty of signs up near 2 mile stating keep out, I'd be reluctant to go down that path with out land owners permission.
    Dont want to wake up in the morn to some irate farmer waving a 12 gauge and muttering "tresspasser".
    There is a nice little island in the middle of Bird bay and one at the entrance to Nth B.

Pete

Im hearing ya mate, No Secret as well, but I dont think its a good idea, could you imagine a dozen tents set up in the middle of no where up there, sure to raise some ones interest that is not wanted

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    you were thinking what I was typing - Absolutely ....... how many nights are spent at Mondy each year - I reckon conservatively , I'm at 20-25 nights ........ try finding a nomad who can match that ! - let alone Rakey ( gold class member )

Chris
    Chris,

No you are wrong, lots of fisherfolk both male and female, old and young spend a lot more days at this impoundment than 20-25 nights. Agree that a lot of Ausfishers fish there, but, so do a lot of other clubs and other groups, family's, younger people, middle aged and older people as well.

Insulting people by calling them nomads or any other tag is not on. Stick to the facts, if you are disobeying the regulations just wear it. Don't take your anger out on one age group.

The rights of all are to be considered not just a few.

Sometimes your statements are a laugh, but can't let go with this one.

Think what you like about who you are and yes mates will stick together, but in this one you are way off.

There was so much effort put into the Barra Brochure about behaviour, but some people seem to think that only effects their behaviour on the water.

Have no beef with any of the Ausfishers or other groups, but maybe the respect for others is a 24 hour thing.

Think we all learn and its the learning experience that makes everyone a better person.

Regards

Trev
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.