Thread: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

Re: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Probably Stevey as far as profits they would have made their fair share from the pockets off the AF contributers and off the back off the ideas of Nagg, myself and Poiter with the gathering... Make for good QUIET decusion at Somerset?

you were thinking what I was typing - Absolutely ....... how many nights are spent at Mondy each year - I reckon conservatively , I'm at 20-25 nights ........ try finding a nomad who can match that ! - let alone Rakey ( gold class member )

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Just a bit off track 3600 post and it rolls on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Just a bit off track 3600 post and it rolls on.
    noticed that we should be looking at 5000 after the muster - We should call it the Seinfeld thread
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

"L"slipping slightly off track hey. I reckon the Mrs and I have spent about 12 nights in a cabin there over the last year and 6 more nights shortly. But hell I would be back there tomorrow if I could. Looking forward to the muster.... There back on track.
    Steve

Only just caught up with this. Did we cop a complaint again? I did see Jill come down on the Saturday night but only because she saw Stevo's ambulance pull up.

Were Rob and Kelly aware of any complaints because I know they were away during our CM?

Seriously though, all the above points are very valid, and Nath hits the nail on the head when he says that barra fishing is the primary attraction of the place, as one can only walk their dog up to the lookout and back so many times.

As for noise being made, pfffffffffffft, do they want us all to pass notes to each other around the fire rather than speak. We go up there to fish, fish bloody hard, and enjoy each other's company at the end of each day, regaling stories of success, failure and general rich life experiences.

None of us are greenhorns or teens that are young and dumb and full of .....

We act like adults mostly, we pay as adults, and above all else IMO show consideration and respect to ourselves and fellow park users.

The SDA idea sounds good, although I thought we explored that option last year and it didn't pass muster, pardon the pun

Enough of my ramblings.......I am off to a Life Member's Meeting of the Monduran Mute Society

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Passin notes wouldnt work either Paul. Chris would have them in the fire in no time

Paul, they had a word to Dashing Daz at the CK on saturday morning, someone had made a complaint that we were to noisy and kept them awake. Asked us to keep the noise down.
    Pffttt, as a wise man once said...we're not here to F%&K spiders
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Stone tablets then Steve, perhaps more in tune with neanderthal times

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    Only just caught up with this. Did we cop a complaint again? I did see Jill come down on the Saturday night but only because she saw Stevo's ambulance pull up.

Were Rob and Kelly aware of any complaints because I know they were away during our CM?

Seriously though, all the above points are very valid, and Nath hits the nail on the head when he says that barra fishing is the primary attraction of the place, as one can only walk their dog up to the lookout and back so many times.

As for noise being made, pfffffffffffft, do they want us all to pass notes to each other around the fire rather than speak. We go up there to fish, fish bloody hard, and enjoy each other's company at the end of each day, regaling stories of success, failure and general rich life experiences.

None of us are greenhorns or teens that are young and dumb and full of .....

We act like adults mostly, we pay as adults, and above all else IMO show consideration and respect to ourselves and fellow park users.

The SDA idea sounds good, although I thought we explored that option last year and it didn't pass muster, pardon the pun

Enough of my ramblings.......I am off to a Life Member's Meeting of the Monduran Mute Society

Cheers
    Paul
    I think the other option was a mown patch of land in SDA bay ......... this is the actual SDA's camp ground - full facilities I did find a link today
    chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

no good Paul, after the XXXX fairy has had her way with me, I dont want to be handling a hammer.....unless your volunteering to hold the chisel

Quote Originally Posted by themissus View Post
    Paul, they had a word to Dashing Daz at the CK on saturday morning, someone had made a complaint that we were to noisy and kept them awake. Asked us to keep the noise down.
    Pffttt, as a wise man once said...we're not here to F%&K spiders
    Thanks Kimmy. Aren't they all deaf?...and while I'm at it, don't they take sleeping pills or little blue ones ?

Cheers
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    no good Paul, after the XXXX fairy has had her way with me, I dont want to be handling a hammer.....unless your volunteering to hold the chisel

A hot chisel and a cold hammer...or am I wurring my slurds. The XXXX fairy can be a mean and nasty biatch at times Rod. I try to keep on top of her, not biblically speaking though of course.

Quote Originally Posted by snodger 08 View Post
    Yer Nip I agree with Chris. I am a bit pissed at the storm in a teacup caused by a couple of wingers, but after all we are there as a group to have some fun anyway. If the day comes when they look at banning us for enjoying ourselves in a responsible way, then I would have a real problem. But for me its back to Mondy til I get good at catching them regularly, regardless of the BS. To be quite honest, up until this incident I have never had a problem with the staff there, and when booking my accommodation for the next 2 trips the other day they were great.
    Mind you, Paradise does look nice hey. Do they have cabins yet?
    Steve
    dont worry i agree with naggs too i just was speaking for myself in the sense im all for challenges of other locations too. Not just mondy i love the place i have fished it for 6 years now .

i am a bit behind on the short abreviations ,but what is the SDA and where is it situated

Quote Originally Posted by warrior View Post
    i am a bit behind on the short abreviations ,but what is the SDA and where is it situated
    Seven day Adventist - Its the first bigger bay on the left as you head towards Bird - They have a camp ground & facilities there.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO