Thread: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

Re: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

It's not so much the CK that's the problem, it's sitting around the bush telly until the wee hours. I didn't think we were that loud friday night I headed to bed around midnight and didn't think the remaining group were loud at all. But noise does travel and when you get 10-15 people having 3 or 4 different conversations it can raise the noise a little. That said, there were at last half a dozen of us camped close to the fire ring and none of us had an issue. As a group, we are now more aware of the noise level than ever and make an effort to keep it down, it's disappointing that we are still getting hammered for it. With 35 - 40 of us there over the two days I don't see what else we could have done, we pick up after ourselves and keep the camp kitchen and our camp sites clean. We have cleaned up the hot plates and benches after non AF'er guests have left a mess so they can't blame us
    Funny that it's only Mondy that we have run into this issue, borumbah and sommerset haven't been a problem with simular size groups at both. Hell at sommerset last year we were the model group.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    The CK is it's own worst enemy, natural meeting and focal point.

If i was to have to add cooking and cleaning gear as well as a genny, I would be looking for a support team.
    Yeah, I hear ya. It is convenient....I know I got some good use from the CK hotplates every morning. LoL support team. That little unit that Rob was cooking your snags on would do the trick...actually, Deano's BBQ on the first Borumba trip was a good idea....plenty cooking space there, and we always seem to have the kitchen sink with us when we travel, usually bring the stove too but the CK made it obsolete this trip.

As one of the Friday nighters that was amongst the last group heading to bed, and I am a little miffed at the noise problem. I definately had a few under my belt, but didnt think we were making a lot of noise even in the stillness of that night.
    Anyhow as a result, I hereby swear that I will head to bed earlier at the Muster and promise not to wear my nightie in full view of other Ausfishers..... . Shane and Pete better shut their eyes though "L" .
    I figure with the warmer weather tho there will be quite a few out early and late making noise as they get going at 4am or come home after midnight. But isnt fishing the main attraction to Mondy? and the only reason we head out at those hours is because they are so difficult for most (Peter & Rob excluded) to catch.
    Next they will put an 8am - 5pm curfew on fishing

Steve

I wrote a email to them today, covering the CK, the drainage, and the over pricing... If we all use our heads everyone who was there or have been there over the years should do the same.

It will only take ya a few minutes and if anything maybe we will see some sort of change

As for the noise well tough, its camping noise happens. People go away to unwind and enjoy themselves regardless of who it is. Nomads I have been there and herd those yap yap dogs caring on early in the Am do I complain no bloody way or some tool reving his car at 3 am to warm it up to head off to the ramp do I complain NO so as for the complaint... pfft go jump I say.

Cranky Hat

The noise wasn't bad ...... there was no music just talk - some people just whinge for the sake of whinging......... our group made up the greater majority of those staying in the top end of the park.
    We do have a problem though...... so many of us! - so its worth looking at SDA. ..... If not , we do what we did last year & have the fire in the gennie area (that worked well).

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

being my first CM i wasnt sure what i would get as for the night life,many of the bass comps are similar,their is the regular few who stay up and have a few beers and yak,the cm had more but no more noist than any other weekend ,i went away a few times to have a pee and could not hear too much coming from the camp area ,there are people who havnt got much too much left in life and whinging big time is their new hobby ,they are everywhere and they will whinge if they had too much butter on their toast in the morning if the park owners are going to worry about that sort of complaint they will soon lose lots of customers

Quote Originally Posted by themissus View Post
    It's not so much the CK that's the problem, it's sitting around the bush telly until the wee hours. I didn't think we were that loud friday night I headed to bed around midnight and didn't think the remaining group were loud at all. But noise does travel and when you get 10-15 people having 3 or 4 different conversations it can raise the noise a little. That said, there were at last half a dozen of us camped close to the fire ring and none of us had an issue. As a group, we are now more aware of the noise level than ever and make an effort to keep it down, it's disappointing that we are still getting hammered for it. With 35 - 40 of us there over the two days I don't see what else we could have done, we pick up after ourselves and keep the camp kitchen and our camp sites clean. We have cleaned up the hot plates and benches after non AF'er guests have left a mess so they can't blame us
    Funny that it's only Mondy that we have run into this issue, borumbah and sommerset haven't been a problem with simular size groups at both. Hell at sommerset last year we were the model group.

I think thats why i like the genrator area. The spot we always camp is right where all others are . i know the faciltys make it easy being close but im sure we all have enough gear that we can get a spot that doesnt require use of the camp kitchen got to be some where . And kimmy is right the noise does travel at night i was camped down where we had the muster last year and i heard ya's talking down there . The quiet of night sound will travel i reckon the only way to go is sda . And you where right kimmy at sommerset we where a model group but i think being down hill made a hell of a difference too hard for sound to travel up hill then it is the other way

well i dont think its gunner matter what we do i reckon they just are too picky in some aspects . Look at the poor fellow i meet in the generator section he got told by the park staff if he could turn it off or close the door on its compartment to make it quieter now why have a genrator section if ya cant even use it there casue some is complaining . Why have a section if ya cant use it there , im still blown away that they asked him that im getting to the point where im over the hole thing the muster will be my last trip to mondy for a while my nest barra trip after that will be either to paridise or awoonga as im just want a different vibe from a camping area

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    well i dont think its gunner matter what we do i reckon they just are too picky in some aspects . Look at the poor fellow i meet in the generator section he got told by the park staff if he could turn it off or close the door on its compartment to make it quieter now why have a genrator section if ya cant even use it there casue some is complaining . Why have a section if ya cant use it there , im still blown away that they asked him that im getting to the point where im over the hole thing the muster will be my last trip to mondy for a while my nest barra trip after that will be either to paridise or awoonga as im just want a different vibe from a camping area
    Gee simon ..... its not that bad! - besides its the people (Us) that make the experience.
    I have issues with the park too ...... but it wont stop me (Site 13 is just the place to hang ....where did this freakin bunny come from ??

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Gee simon ..... its not that bad! - besides its the people (Us) that make the experience.
    I have issues with the park too ...... but it wont stop me (Site 13 is just the place to hang ....where did this freakin bunny come from ??

Chris
    yeah i lov the place dodnt get me wrong im just thinking what do we have to do to get a break . And yes that is why i make the effort to every event i like the group of danglers we have congragating together now makes for a great mix of personaltiys . Im fully self functional now the olny thing left for me to get is the ensuite for the tolet and shower and that will be happening eventully that way i dont need a powered site or one close to the ammenties well maybe the odd trip to the facalities . And to clarfy even though the odd bit of chattered floated down our way in the gen section it wasnt annoying i just think some people will complain no matter waht ya do .

SDA, is the answer if we could get some feed back from Foxie and some piccies I reckon we could be on a winner.....

Nip as I said mate we all must use our heads and write a letter it aint that hard and if there are no answers then we try our luck at the owners.... The fact of the matter is we have a situation of a developing park and their will be bugs but without feed back the bugs will take longer to iron out!

You know the stupid thing is I know their are the nomads that stop off there BUT isnt the MAIN DRAW CARD BARRA FISHING so this being said and signed and published wouldnt it be fair to say the family thing is as less attractive as the reason most go there in the first place.

Now before anyone jumps on my back, I have family and yes we go there but 1ST theres nothing there to do other then walk to the lookout or fishor maybe ski so are my kids rapping on my shoulder to go to mondy NUP seriously other then the prized sport fish that is the Barramundi there not a great deal on offer at the place for families....

Whats the answer well I dont know but a camp kitchen in the genny area and change the genny area to the Nomad area and leave the BULK USERS the FISHO'S alone...

Yer Nip I agree with Chris. I am a bit pissed at the storm in a teacup caused by a couple of wingers, but after all we are there as a group to have some fun anyway. If the day comes when they look at banning us for enjoying ourselves in a responsible way, then I would have a real problem. But for me its back to Mondy til I get good at catching them regularly, regardless of the BS. To be quite honest, up until this incident I have never had a problem with the staff there, and when booking my accommodation for the next 2 trips the other day they were great.
    Mind you, Paradise does look nice hey. Do they have cabins yet?
    Steve

Nath, is one possible answer perhaps a petition type letter with problem solving ideas on how to accommodate all the campers? Nothing that will create friction mind you, but something written in a way that will make them feel we are actually trying to help them along, and in the process increase their potential profits.
    Are we able to do that using AF as a letter head?

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by snodger 08 View Post
    Nath, is one possible answer perhaps a petition type letter with problem solving ideas on how to accommodate all the campers? Nothing that will create friction mind you, but something written in a way that will make them feel we are actually trying to help them along, and in the process increase their potential profits.
    Are we able to do that using AF as a letter head?

Steve
    Probably Stevey as far as profits they would have made their fair share from the pockets off the AF contributers and off the back off the ideas of Nagg, myself and Poiter with the gathering... Make for good QUIET decusion at Somerset?

As a collective ..... the park makes more $$$$ of us than they do off other campers or nomads (individuals over a night or two) - maybe management should think about that ( look after their premium Ausfish clients).
    When you look at how often we go there as individuals or as a group ....... hell - it will hurt them if we stay away.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO