Page 20 of 249 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast

Thread: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

Re: BEN HUR : MONDURAN & AWOONGA in September

hmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder if I post this reply we will hit 20 pages

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    hmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder if I post this reply we will hit 20 pages
    .....yep.....

ok, in all seriousness, game plan time, is any one fishing after dark, or prior to sun up, takeing into account moon phase

ok, in all seriousness, game plan time, is any one fishing after dark, or prior to sun up, takeing into account moon phase
    We certainly plan to fish into the night .......... & would love to do at least one pre dawn raid ....... even have my special glasses coming to deal with bugs

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I'm keen to give night time a go. Before sun up is just not on. Particularly with a fire to keep me company into the wee hours.
    Not to get technical...... but according to Chemistry, ALCOHOL IS A SOLUTION

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    The will is easy ........ Another beer Chris , Brian - - - ahhhhh better not

BE ANTI-SOCIAL
    yea righto..pass me one too..but this is the last one....

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    As you cross the cattle grid on the way to the dam ...... there is a checkpoint / garbage bin ..... with a big sign "Please deposit cam corders / video here!"

Chris
    I can still remember that morning like it was yesterday mate... here I was, in my Quinnie floggin one of my favourite Points in the whole of Tinaroo (was actually a bank because of the high water level... plenty of long, green weed strand and horizontal timber)... it looked prime that morning with a nice breeze onto it, and I had been eyeing it off for awile (hadnt fished it in yonks... has a reputation for big fishies) - anyway Matty and Chris rock up rather stealthily, and have a good look at how to fish this bank. I had landed a 70cm fish about 30mins before hand and I felt abit of competition with these blokes rocking up. I watched Chris and Matt fish the apex of the point and Chris putting in some huge arse Casts (swear you were casting a brick... obviously Zillions and Loomi' go well?). A few loud shouts of wisdom from my boat to Matt (my sounder was buggered... needed some info!) was then broken by the joy of Chris who had announced he had hooked up, after about 3 turns of the handle on what would have been his 5th cast (bastard!). The load on his Loomis looked impressive and a fat 120 tried to get airbourne on a few occasions - was a nice fish! I could see Matt coaching him to keep the Rod tip low, whilst I had my hands on my head knowing that he should highstick the big girl to keep her away from all the timber. I didnt say anything, I just let them go... surely hey couldnt lose another in the same morning? At the same time, I was getting all of this footage on my Video phone... at the same time guessing where some of those underwater stumps were. Needless to say the fish knew where the timber was and sewed him up like a fresh Flannie off the press.

Rest of the day was un-eventfull. Actually, it was hard work.

You did well on your first Tinaroo trip NAGG... dam well in my eyes! Hope the story doesn't open up old wounds... atleast now Brian and co. can see why you don't like Video Camera's!

Cheers

Theo
    TT

Brian,ill fish at least one dusk into the night,on some of the points,not too far from the ramp,maybe round to the left.and at least one morning early,i want to fish the weed round bird,with the dreaded F rod,yes yes roo i know...f/rodding is 4 .......... but anyhoo ill try,it works a treat in lenthalls so it will work here.
    chewy....

giday brian..josh is keen for an after dark session,but he said that last year at awoonga to ...after all day flicken we both get quite thirsty and need a little reecoop of fluid for the next session..so most likley reasonably early morns,back just after dark..
    deano..

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    yea righto..pass me one too..but this is the last one....
    & the cheques in the mail
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Chris,

I see you have been upgraded to 'AUSFISH ADDICT".....I think they have created a new level just for you mate......whats next???? any suggestions please???

GOing out tommorrow. I will give you a bit of a tease hopefully. Its been stable here for 3 days. Lyndon (aka Seeking barradise) got some good attention from several fish yesterday. Jas has been getting a few too...my turn tommorrow!!

Had a great night around the fire at "AUSFISH tree" up the back of the paddock chatting with Lyndon last night over a few beers....I would be getting ready for part 3 of his great 'aussie' story to come.

cheers steve

chewy, I am with Roo on this, NO reg grundys need to be hung on the patio PLEASE!!!

Kim, Hows my cake coming along??

cheers steve

Quote Originally Posted by TinarooTriumph View Post
    I can still remember that morning like it was yesterday mate... here I was, in my Quinnie floggin one of my favourite Points in the whole of Tinaroo (was actually a bank because of the high water level... plenty of long, green weed strand and horizontal timber)... it looked prime that morning with a nice breeze onto it, and I had been eyeing it off for awile (hadnt fished it in yonks... has a reputation for big fishies) - anyway Matty and Chris rock up rather stealthily, and have a good look at how to fish this bank. I had landed a 70cm fish about 30mins before hand and I felt abit of competition with these blokes rocking up. I watched Chris and Matt fish the apex of the point and Chris putting in some huge arse Casts (swear you were casting a brick... obviously Zillions and Loomi' go well?). A few loud shouts of wisdom from my boat to Matt (my sounder was buggered... needed some info!) was then broken by the joy of Chris who had announced he had hooked up, after about 3 turns of the handle on what would have been his 5th cast (bastard!). The load on his Loomis looked impressive and a fat 120 tried to get airbourne on a few occasions - was a nice fish! I could see Matt coaching him to keep the Rod tip low, whilst I had my hands on my head knowing that he should highstick the big girl to keep her away from all the timber. I didnt say anything, I just let them go... surely hey couldnt lose another in the same morning? At the same time, I was getting all of this footage on my Video phone... at the same time guessing where some of those underwater stumps were. Needless to say the fish knew where the timber was and sewed him up like a fresh Flannie off the press.

Rest of the day was un-eventfull. Actually, it was hard work.

You did well on your first Tinaroo trip NAGG... dam well in my eyes! Hope the story doesn't open up old wounds... atleast now Brian and co. can see why you don't like Video Camera's!

Cheers

Theo
    Ahhhh throwing the depth charge ( I swear it sounds like a boofin barra on landing )
    No old wounds Theo ......... just adds to my determination & resolve ( find the right leader combination for plastics)
    You told the story so well Theo ........ You were in a prime possy to watch it unfold!
    I did think we had it though ....... even when it went around the submerged tree !
    But it just gave it the time to shake its head & wear through 80 before we got over to it ( after untying)
    But hey thats fishing ........ except 2 out of 2 fish lost that day during a rolling camera

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Chris,

I see you have been upgraded to 'AUSFISH ADDICT".....I think they have created a new level just for you mate......whats next???? any suggestions please???

GOing out tommorrow. I will give you a bit of a tease hopefully. Its been stable here for 3 days. Lyndon (aka Seeking barradise) got some good attention from several fish yesterday. Jas has been getting a few too...my turn tommorrow!!

Had a great night around the fire at "AUSFISH tree" up the back of the paddock chatting with Lyndon last night over a few beers....I would be getting ready for part 3 of his great 'aussie' story to come.

cheers steve

chewy, I am with Roo on this, NO reg grundys need to be hung on the patio PLEASE!!!

Kim, Hows my cake coming along??

cheers steve
    Thanks Steve ........ I noticed the upgrade this morning
    ( I'm proud as punch)
    What next ......... "NEED HELP!"

Ausfish tree ! ( a sign needs to go up! ..... Might put one up ) I've relinquished a powered site ...... just to be part of the atmosphere!

Ahhh this is what fishing is all about ....... & at its best when you get a group together

Nice to see that you're putting in the recon for us all ......... but you need to put aside some time to show a couple of pathetic southerners around!

I've never seen Whitey so excited about a trip ....... He rings me daily to talk about it!

I'm actually in Brisbane next week ......... but too much to do !

Oh well ....... Our departure time is now 12am .... Friday 12th

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

So who will put up the 300th post ?

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

I will take the 300th!!! I think we are the only silly buggers still awake!!