Page 16 of 249 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast

Thread: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

Re: MONDURAN & AWOONGA in September

what, did Nath find a wallet, new rods from Foxy, new reel, now a new boat???

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    nahhes been working extra ill let him explain he prob shoot me for tella ya but i excited for him he finally gunner have some more room maybe like i said its not a done deal but i sure hell fill ya in

save the back mate, dont want to chance it when youve got some big girls to get down and dirty with soon.
    Im just flicking around the net now looking for a handheld, what output did you get 1 watt or more, higher output = higher cost, plus I like the ones with replaceable batteries for when Im not on a powered site

cheers
    brian
    i cant remeber what watt the other nes i borrowed of the old man where but im looking at a .5w on ebay at the moment so if i can get a set for 40 bucks i will be laughing they all go around the same distance

Brian, Pickup a pair of Oricom UHF Radios@ 1w output apparantly with a 7k talk distance (line of sight of course)...got then from Hardly Normal for the princely sum of $59...comes with rechargeable batterys and the hand helds sit in a charger cradle.....can be recharged by cigarette socket in car or 240v......Iam impressed with them.....just so we can keep in touch.......Whitto

Hey Guys I checked out the new map of Monduran a Foxies and it is perfect!! best detailed map I have seen of the dam. It has a few contour lines showing the dam at different levels (what would and wouldnt be exposed etc). It has a few of the major landmarks written on it (ie white rock, bass strait, bird bay etc) and all our favourite letters!!! BIG thing different it has Lat and Long grids!!! So if you find a fishy location that you want to share, you can GPS it, and compare the mark to the map to help locate the spot or general area....great idea.

cheers steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Hey Guys I checked out the new map of Monduran a Foxies and it is perfect!! best detailed map I have seen of the dam. It has a few contour lines showing the dam at different levels (what would and wouldnt be exposed etc). It has a few of the major landmarks written on it (ie white rock, bass strait, bird bay etc) and all our favourite letters!!! BIG thing different it has Lat and Long grids!!! So if you find a fishy location that you want to share, you can GPS it, and compare the mark to the map to help locate the spot or general area....great idea.

cheers steve
    Sounds exactly like what I need ......

Hey Steve ... when I pinch the pre publication version from Foxies when we call through ... could you please personalise it for me > > > <
    You know ...... just mark an X at your favorite spots

Cheers

Chris

use the force luke, use the force.
    I once asked a question about locations, and the answer was the fish are in all the bays, and ya know what, its true, I fished 5 differant spots last week, saw fish in every one of them, and I had never set foot in those spots before, ever.
    You'll be right mate, just let ya fishy senses take over, doesnt take long to pick a suspect looking area, then its just a matter of the other ingrediants being present

Brian 'teflon'

You are spot on.. People catch them all over the dam. they ARE everywhere. last year when we had the unfortunate death of several fish, they were scattered pretty evenly across the entire dam, mostly in the top half, that stands to reason as its the shallow end being prone to colder snaps.

I am going out now for a fish...nice day, finished work soon!!

Steve

chris, I will give you an X to try...you will love it.........XXXX (beer that is, not kisses! )

[quote=Steve B;885314]

Steve

Now come on Steve, That's no fair!

I reckon you are just tormenting us

Oh to live at Gin Gin, Gladstone, Mackay, Proserpine, Arhhhhhhhh It would be heaven

Cheers,
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Brian 'teflon'

You are spot on.. People catch them all over the dam. they ARE everywhere. last year when we had the unfortunate death of several fish, they were scattered pretty evenly across the entire dam, mostly in the top half, that stands to reason as its the shallow end being prone to colder snaps.

Steve

chris, I will give you an X to try...you will love it.........XXXX (beer that is, not kisses! )

Pass on the XXXX's mate ....... in any form ........ Worried about the hugs too

Chris

use the force luke, use the force.
    I once asked a question about locations, and the answer was the fish are in all the bays, and ya know what, its true, I fished 5 differant spots last week, saw fish in every one of them, and I had never set foot in those spots before, ever.
    You'll be right mate, just let ya fishy senses take over, doesnt take long to pick a suspect looking area, then its just a matter of the other ingrediants being present
    The strange thing about fishing Monduran is U take off from the ramp and all u are doing is travelling over Barra.......I try to qualify that by going up to H and beyond and work my way back....I tend to feel better about that...we all have our silly little ideas that seem to work,and thats all that matters......Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    The strange thing about fishing Monduran is U take off from the ramp and all u are doing is travelling over Barra.......I try to qualify that by going up to H and beyond and work my way back....I tend to feel better about that...we all have our silly little ideas that seem to work,and thats all that matters......Whitto
    Hi Whitto ........ Because I've only spent a handful of days at Mondy . I find that we dont get too far in because we see a bay & think it looks good!
    This trip ...... I'd like to do as you suggested ! ..... Go in deep & work back ( certainly over the busier weekend) ...... This will enable us to see more of the dam

Chris

Is this the longest thread ever????

Quote Originally Posted by chewy01 View Post
    Is this the longest thread ever????
    With 19 days to go ....... we can only try
    & then there is the wash up ..... afterwards

lots of IBDers itching for a cast ........ things to discuss - shite too

Chris

Hey Brian nope no wallet, no lotto either as Simon said heaps of work got a second job going and doing well, just to tired to fish but that time is coming. The new boat well yeah thats on the way very soon, asap . So the whole family will be able to come for a fish finally.... the little tub will be up for sale soon, its been a great little boat but need to upgrade

Anyhow mate a few weeks to go before the first cast and getting very excited.

and the a quick one in October and 2 weeks in November yahoooooo

Cheers Nath