Page 14 of 249 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

Re: MONDURAN & AWOONGA in September

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Chris, theres a big tree up in the back corner of the campsite (where the Sweetwater M&G was for those that were there) thats probably the best spot for a fire etc If its not already taken. As for charging batteries, if you have no luck at the dam (which you should be OK) you can charge them at my place, or even better at my workplace! I am sure Foxie would be able to help too. As whitto and Brian said, Rob and Kelly should be able to work something out.

cheere steve

The Big tree area sounds good to me

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Geez - there's going to be so many of you there that someone should take a double adaptor or a powerboard!!

Good thinking 99! ....... add that to the list

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    That sounds like a plan ........ much prefer a roaring fire ! But power is a necessity for the leccy

chris

Any dramas getting firewood ? ........ I guess an axe would be handy to take

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    I like the word Fiasco, sorter sums up the way I like to fish
    brian are you coming up that weekend of the 12th ?
    if so when will ya get there

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    No worries Deano68.....u will be about a stubby throw away from us........just make sure all that u have a good hammer and spikes for your tents the ground can be similiar to cement....Whitto
    at least i wont have to worry about banging pegs in i sleeping in the navara this tim bed will be setup in the back

Any dramas getting firewood ? ........ I guess an axe would be handy to take

Chris
    wouldnt have a clue chris, prob have some left over this weekend will bring some up just in case...better to be looking at it than looking for it...

Generally firewood is not supplied at Mondy.......U will have to bring it in with u......a small Chainsaw is a good idea during the trip up......just replaced my fence...plenty of firewood but unfortunatedly it was treated wood....would end up poisoning the begezes out of everyone......Whitto PS alot of servo's sell packaged firewood I find it abit exy
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Deano & Whitto

Whitey & I were talking about it today ....... we had to go looking at Cania on our last trip ( no good at night )

We should get some input from Steve & Foxie

Cheers

Chris

Deano & Whitto

Whitey & I were talking about it today ....... we had to go looking at Cania on our last trip ( no good at night )

We should get some input from Steve & Foxie

Cheers

Chris
    can bring some prob not enough for 2 nites,find a bit here n there throw it in the ute ..every one brings a little will be fine...bugger lookin for it at nite better things to do..

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    can bring some prob not enough for 2 nites,find a bit here n there throw it in the ute ..every one brings a little will be fine...bugger lookin for it at nite better things to do..
    we normally bring back a bit of the old timber lying round the damm seem to be ok

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    we normally bring back a bit of the old timber lying round the damm seem to be ok
    The trouble is ...... that disrupts fishing time

Did I tell you how many days to go

23 to go! ..... but who is counting
    Actually ..... we keep pushing forward our departure time ...... currently 1am (Friday) ..... will we get to Thursday night ....... Stay tuned!

Desperate

Ya see what happens here....you start getting serious an posting useful comments, then it goes quiet!!!

Ordered some new lollies from an obscure US manufacturer....these will be the next big thing!!!! or maybe not. we'll see. something different anyway
    Last edited by Roo; 22-08-2008 at 11:38 AM. Reason: they said i'd never make it!!

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    at least i wont have to worry about banging pegs in i sleeping in the navara this tim bed will be setup in the back

geeeez ya getting soft Simon

Chris, plenty of bankside firewood when your on the water, just take 5 minutes on the run back to the ramp to pick some up, just make sure its whiteant free though, otherwise it could get messy .
    No firewood supplied at the campground, and very little adjacent, its all been picked up by others. That stuff Whitto was talking about, 30 bucks for 3 x 15 kg bags, did me 2 nites,expensive.
    I asked about chargeing the batteries if your on a un-powered site, there is a gpo on the side of the office you can use, might cost ya a couple of bucks, but more suited to removeing your battery and takeing it there, not really for your in boat set up.

cheers
    brian

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    geeeez ya getting soft Simon

Chris, plenty of bankside firewood when your on the water, just take 5 minutes on the run back to the ramp to pick some up, just make sure its whiteant free though, otherwise it could get messy .
    No firewood supplied at the campground, and very little adjacent, its all been picked up by others. That stuff Whitto was talking about, 30 bucks for 3 x 15 kg bags, did me 2 nites,expensive.
    I asked about chargeing the batteries if your on a un-powered site, there is a gpo on the side of the office you can use, might cost ya a couple of bucks, but more suited to removeing your battery and takeing it there, not really for your in boat set up.

cheers
    brian
    Thanks Brian Might need to bring some Sydney logs ( they burn slower )

Chris