Page 13 of 249 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

Re: MONDURAN & AWOONGA in September

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    Hi all. First and foremost i would like to wish all and sundry who will be partaking in this debautous adventure good fortune and fair weather. I hope u all suffer pimples from the rocky road O/D.

On a serious note, what will the impact of the fishing competition be for me arriving the weekend after? Thoughts?

Cheers, Pete.
    Pete,

The Dam will be chockers with anglers from about Sept onwards regardless of competitions.!!

Are you talking about the MASA family fishing classic in Oct 11 12th??....If so, you should be OK. I caught good fish in the comp and in the week after last year. The fiasco of the fishing comp causes fish to hide a bit...when your there straight after should be a bit quieter...find water by yourself. dont get sucked into the mentality that the fish are where everyone else is...they tend to follow the leader during this time of year. In truth the fishing will probably be quite the opposite! Find a nice quiet area of the dam, have a nice quiet session in a nice quiet area, and you should be fine. There should be some up-to-date info slashed around here leading up to the time regarding tatics etc. We will try and help as much as possible.

If your talking about the fiasco that is the Ausfish Vs Monduran in Sept...well that may be a different story....

cheers steve

If your talking about the fiasco that is the Ausfish Vs Monduran in Sept...well that may be a different story....

cheers steve

Monduran may never be the same!

I like the word Fiasco, sorter sums up the way I like to fish

OK - IBDers ........ We need a Mondy focal point of an evening .... A site that will have a blazing fire going & would welcome stray fisherfolk with open arms! ....... a site where the BS flows as easily as a well chilled beer!

Volunteers anyone ?

Chris

PS ...... How do you charge your leccy batteries if you are not on a powered site

chris, if you send an email to rob and kelly re the batteries Im pretty sure they will work something out, I know for sure there are signs at the camp kitchens saying dont plug in there. I can usually get a couple of days out of my batteries, seem to spend a bit more time these days tieing off rather than general prospecting.
    Re the camp fire, good idea, I reckon it will still be a bit coldish at nite out there in early September

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    chris, if you send an email to rob and kelly re the batteries Im pretty sure they will work something out, I know for sure there are signs at the camp kitchens saying dont plug in there. I can usually get a couple of days out of my batteries, seem to spend a bit more time these days tieing off rather than general prospecting.
    Re the camp fire, good idea, I reckon it will still be a bit coldish at nite out there in early September

Hi Brian ......... We had a fire at Cania in mid Oct last year ........ Froze my butt off on the second night ( summer sleeping bag) ...... Not this year though!

Yeh ....... A roaring fire would be great of an evening!
    I'm booked into a powered site ...... but I've gotta say ............That area lacks atmosphere
    I'd get 2 days out of my leccy ..... but not 3.5 - & I'd have to park the boat somewhere because I have an on board charger!

Also ....... If you're out of the way somewhere you can kick on without upsetting the nomads that frequent the powered area

I'm all ears on this one

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    OK - IBDers ........ We need a Mondy focal point of an evening .... A site that will have a blazing fire going & would welcome stray fisherfolk with open arms! ....... a site where the BS flows as easily as a well chilled beer!

Volunteers anyone ?

Chris

PS ...... How do you charge your leccy batteries if you are not on a powered site
    chris, i have booked a powered site, quite welcome to plug in...and we might need to borrow your blazing fire and open arms for evening warmth & BS..
    just have to bring an ext leed..

Yup, the powered sites area will be crowded that weekend for sure, much prefer setting up down the bottom near the big tree, or along the fence line, or even on the other side near the dam wall.

chris, just banged off an email to rob and kelly, I'll let you know the reply

cheers
    brian

G'Day Chris.....Not a problem Battery wise...see Rob and he will fix up the recharging issues..as Brian said no recharging at the camp kitchen....or plug into Deano68's power.......can have a fire in the unpowered areas....Brian has named the usual spots.....nothing is a problem with or for Rob and Kelly...they have come to know us........Where that is Myself Nipsta and Nath will be around the Camp Kitchen down near the power station end not too close to the kitchen.....Grey nomads tend to get in and have a feed and wander of to their digs relative early.....Cheers Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    G'Day Chris.....Not a problem Battery wise...see Rob and he will fix up the recharging issues..as Brian said no recharging at the camp kitchen....or plug into Deano68's power.......can have a fire in the unpowered areas....Brian has named the usual spots.....nothing is a problem with or for Rob and Kelly...they have come to know us........Where that is Myself Nipsta and Nath will be around the Camp Kitchen down near the power station end not too close to the kitchen.....Grey nomads tend to get in and have a feed and wander of to their digs relative early.....Cheers Whitto
    whitto,pretty sure kelly booked us the bottom cnr site across from power station so will be across the road..just a short stumble away...

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post

Volunteers anyone ?

Chris

Chris, theres a big tree up in the back corner of the campsite (where the Sweetwater M&G was for those that were there) thats probably the best spot for a fire etc If its not already taken. As for charging batteries, if you have no luck at the dam (which you should be OK) you can charge them at my place, or even better at my workplace! I am sure Foxie would be able to help too. As whitto and Brian said, Rob and Kelly should be able to work something out.

cheere steve

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    whitto,pretty sure kelly booked us the bottom cnr site across from power station so will be across the road..just a short stumble away...
    No worries Deano68.....u will be about a stubby throw away from us........just make sure all that u have a good hammer and spikes for your tents the ground can be similiar to cement....Whitto

Geez - there's going to be so many of you there that someone should take a double adaptor or a powerboard!!

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    chris, i have booked a powered site, quite welcome to plug in...and we might need to borrow your blazing fire and open arms for evening warmth & BS..
    just have to bring an ext leed..
    That sounds like a plan ........ much prefer a roaring fire ! But power is a necessity for the leccy

chris