Page 12 of 249 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

Re: MONDURAN & AWOONGA in September

Bring your own esky! mine will be full.

Quote Originally Posted by chewy01 View Post
    Hey Navi,
    you may break some expensive gear but least you dont throw them over the side........ do you?????

No mate, that's just the older sibling, oh and ROO.

Tiaro meats Steve - best road kill south of Gin Gin.

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I'm just thinking ....... with such a big turn up next month ........ we are going to need a place to keep the drinks nice & cold ( fill it up with ice) ........ You know , like we use the bathtub at home!

Has anyone got any ideas
    ......... a big plastic tub maybe!

Chris

Chris, In fear of being repremanded by Kim......oh bugger it.....Ha Ha
    I like it.!! Should hold plenty of beer....we could just tow the poly around as a mobile refeshment station!!

Rod, I am cringing just thinking about the old wheels meltin onto the deck!! Luck us refined fishos have seats....hot vinyl ones...ouch!!

Quote Originally Posted by black_sheep View Post
    No mate, that's just the older sibling, oh and ROO.

Tiaro meats Steve - best road kill south of Gin Gin.
    nav,

They dont have too much road kill up this way......well they do.....it just doesnt stay on the road that long!! Folks in them there hills need to eat too you know!!

that Tiaro meat is good gear though!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Chris, In fear of being repremanded by Kim......oh bugger it.....Ha Ha
    I like it.!! Should hold plenty of beer....we could just tow the poly around as a mobile refeshment station!!

Rod, I am cringing just thinking about the old wheels meltin onto the deck!! Luck us refined fishos have seats....hot vinyl ones...ouch!!

Hey , Just like the drinks cart at Golf!

Now .... there is a business opportunity! ( drinks , snacks , sangas & cappucinos) driving around B arm .......... like a Mr Whippy van ( but with "I've got every lure" playing

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    This is proberbly getting off the subject just a tad.......B_S Im wanting to get a pair of Handhelds....I noticed your comment and was wondering can u recommend an appropriate brand.......Have had a look at the pair of Uniden handhelds @ $57 they have a range of about 3k's....Thanks Whitto
    Whitto, we've been through a few over the years. WOW/JB etc will often have them for about $40/pair. The last one I got, we spent a bit more ($120) and got a 1KW unit which is a bit stronger a clearer. Most of the ones I've owned have been uniden but they're a much of a muchness. Great for the dam when fishing within 1-2 kms but further and they break up. - better at Awoonga with the open water.

Steve, I sent you a PM about a week ago. Obviously it failed or you ingnoring me .
    I will send you another one - RE: Trying to catch up at the pub on Fri the 12th. I have some SP's for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

Steve,
    There is a cure for this... wear reg grundies... especially when I'm in the boat...please.

And I haven't bought ingredients for RR or ginger cake yet be very careful.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Steve,
    well be that quiet in the tupperware this summer you wont even hear us coming.......... so watch out for kkim n roo sneakin up behind you....

Nah, we could never be stealth Chewy, you can hear me bitchin' at Roo mile away.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Quote Originally Posted by black_sheep View Post
    Whitto, we've been through a few over the years. WOW/JB etc will often have them for about $40/pair. The last one I got, we spent a bit more ($120) and got a 1KW unit which is a bit stronger a clearer. Most of the ones I've owned have been uniden but they're a much of a muchness. Great for the dam when fishing within 1-2 kms but further and they break up. - better at Awoonga with the open water.

Steve, I sent you a PM about a week ago. Obviously it failed or you ingnoring me .
    I will send you another one - RE: Trying to catch up at the pub on Fri the 12th. I have some SP's for ya.
    Thanks B_S, Have ordered a pair of Oricom handhelds complete with their own charger....they claim 7k's capability...for the princley sum of $59 from Hardley Normals...they reckon should be in stock in about 10days.......Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.....Whitto

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I'm just thinking ....... with such a big turn up next month ........ we are going to need a place to keep the drinks nice & cold ( fill it up with ice) ........ You know , like we use the bathtub at home!

Has anyone got any ideas
    ......... a big plastic tub maybe!

Chris
    Just off the top of my head Chris.....The wheelie Bin will make an excellent mobile esky...although those of us who are height challenged struggle to get the remaining few in the ice slurry......Now thats a wheelie good idea

Hi all. First and foremost i would like to wish all and sundry who will be partaking in this debautous adventure good fortune and fair weather. I hope u all suffer pimples from the rocky road O/D.

On a serious note, what will the impact of the fishing competition be for me arriving the weekend after? Thoughts?

Cheers, Pete.

don't worry Pete, I don't think we'll traumatise the population too much.

My singing of the anthem may put em off the bite though

Quote Originally Posted by chewy01 View Post
    My singing of the anthem may put em off the bite though
    Well dont sing it then!!!!! ........ Except if you catch a Metery or PB ....... & then we all have to join in!

Chris