Page 11 of 249 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

Re: MONDURAN & AWOONGA in September

Quote Originally Posted by chewy01 View Post
    Whitto,
    you never know! the priestleys are a keeen bunch,we may end up sleepin in the boats yet on sunday night.are you guys heading thru to awoonga after that n if so for how long?
    No sometime after lunch on Sunday will be heading south back to Strathpine....will be back in November though....Whitto

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    Thanklless..yes thats right They just dont understand how much time is spent in testing...Like last night Freezing cold uggboots on...Testing new products ....
    Outstanding Lads......Outstanding

I'm here Steve B.

It is one of those cases where we can't be in 65 places at once, but we are getting there. I have had a thorough winter and have achieved a great deal on many topics. From filming sharks, stingrays and cobia, and crayfish, and anything else that moved underwater in the ocean to jumping in mangrove creeks filming barra, mangrove jack and a host of other interesting scenes with many creek species has been eventful and rewarding. Heading slightly off shore further filming parts of the spanish mackerel DVD, as well as constructing the Lake Monduran DVD, and co-writing the learning, camping, fishing and Australian lifestyle booklet/guide that will form a good base for travelling and learning anglers has eaten into my winter. Working on the big barra book on impoundmment barra, general boat maintenance, lure tuning, lake homework, charters and so on has seen me divided between locations. A big season is ahead with expanding the world of barramundi fishing concepts and ideas for every angler who wants to learn. Coming up with ideas of how to help explain and teach anglers in the fuzz of modern world has been a challenge, but we have finally made a start. An updated website to include part of my expanded business will be on-line soon. I'm looking forward to another year of Awoonga chartering as well as yet another chapter in changing lakes and adjusted fishing. I have a selection of different lures that I believe will help considerably in this next year in Awoonga.
    Cheers.
    Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE View Post
    I'm here Steve B.

It is one of those cases where we can't be in 65 places at once, but we are getting there. I have had a thorough winter and have achieved a great deal on many topics. From filming sharks, stingrays and cobia, and crayfish, and anything else that moved underwater in the ocean to jumping in mangrove creeks filming barra, mangrove jack and a host of other interesting scenes with many creek species has been eventful and rewarding. Heading slightly off shore further filming parts of the spanish mackerel DVD, as well as constructing the Lake Monduran DVD, and co-writing the learning, camping, fishing and Australian lifestyle booklet/guide that will form a good base for travelling and learning anglers has eaten into my winter. Working on the big barra book on impoundmment barra, general boat maintenance, lure tuning, lake homework, charters and so on has seen me divided between locations. A big season is ahead with expanding the world of barramundi fishing concepts and ideas for every angler who wants to learn. Coming up with ideas of how to help explain and teach anglers in the fuzz of modern world has been a challenge, but we have finally made a start. An updated website to include part of my expanded business will be on-line soon. I'm looking forward to another year of Awoonga chartering as well as yet another chapter in changing lakes and adjusted fishing. I have a selection of different lures that I believe will help considerably in this next year in Awoonga.
    Cheers.
    Johnny
    Good to see that you have been busy Johnny ..... GREAT STUFF ( sounds excellent! )
    But will there be an English version
    when will these delights be available ?

Cheers

Chris

Nagg,
    I'll keep you posted when things are much closer. As far as the English version goes, it is somewhat difficult to describe advanced topics in simple form in a short space, but I have downgraded to a simpler level that will be understood by 'most'! To be honest, I can't describe things any simpler, maybe anglers need to grow into my work at the same time that I change my words to suit all levels. It is a tough ask when many readers minds are already tuned to a different pitch. The end result that I beckon for is anglers who think, learn, expand as individuals, and be open to the extensive topic that they wish to learn more on.
    Cheers,
    JM

Nagg,
    I'll keep you posted when things are much closer. As far as the English version goes, it is somewhat difficult to describe advanced topics in simple form in a short space, but I have downgraded to a simpler level that will be understood by 'most'! To be honest, I can't describe things any simpler, maybe anglers need to grow into my work at the same time that I change my words to suit all levels. It is a tough ask when many readers minds are already tuned to a different pitch. The end result that I beckon for is anglers who think, learn, expand as individuals, and be open to the extensive topic that they wish to learn more on.
    Cheers,
    JM
    Ahhh Johnny ...... The holy grail! - To be able to communicate at all levels without boring or overwhelming readers / viewers!
    I'm sure you'll achieve the desired result

Chris

I'm here Steve B.

Cheers.
    Johnny
    Ahhh mate I knew you'd be reading our dribble!!! I was worried we hadn't heard from you for a while.!!! Sounds like everything is coming along well with your busy plans. Looking forward to the website too....almost as much as the book/s. It will be great to have indepth knowledge revealed in publication that appeals to more experience anglers too. Instead of the typical 'cast red headed banana at the brown forked tree' type articles/books that are aimed at the greater % being the once a year angler.

This year will be something special for all of us I reckon. The numbers of anglers hitting our 2 main dams will be phenominal. I am rubbing my hands together for the fellas and ladies on here who have been given a head start advantage with mental and tactical preparation from the sharing of info from the guys I regard as pros right down to the novices. We are going to need it to stay ahead of the crowds.

Soon all this funny dribble will be replaced in a couple of months time with 'check out my 120cm barra' stories everywhere....well I bloody hope so anyway!!

cheers steve.

Steve,

From the looks of Trevs recent (Thanks for sharing and thanks for being the model Scotty )photo and my report to come, 120's have well and truly already started....

Cheers
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    Thanklless..yes thats right They just dont understand how much time is spent in testing...Like last night Freezing cold uggboots on...Testing new products ....
    Trev ..... I'll trade you - your uggies , cold & barra ......... for my child minding over the weekend

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Barraboss View Post
    Steve,

From the looks of Trevs recent (Thanks for sharing and thanks for being the model Scotty )photo and my report to come, 120's have well and truly already started....

Cheers
    Matt
    Your right Matt, the two blokes in a tuppaware dish from Awoonga have been leading the pace so far......although I have seen a fair bit of big fish Tinaroo style being produced by the boss latley!!!

Love it. we need a genuine correspondant from Faust and Teemburra!!!
    cheers Steve

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Trev ..... I'll trade you - your uggies , cold & barra ......... for my child minding over the weekend

Chris
    Chris, they have to fish in winter....the poly needs to be in the shade thru summer!! Luck the Skeet will be here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Chris, they have to fish in winter....the poly needs to be in the shade thru summer!! Luck the Skeet will be here soon.

Watch it...
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Fightin' words steve....be careful or i'll "out" you for your own dalliances with the dark side...... you know you want one. handy for keeping ice cool too! no nasty burns from standing on the "hotplate" in those silly tin things. ....or worse, sitting on it wouldn't want to be on duty for those nasty burns to the candy purse for any punters going commando.

oh and you've upset the cook!

I'm just thinking ....... with such a big turn up next month ........ we are going to need a place to keep the drinks nice & cold ( fill it up with ice) ........ You know , like we use the bathtub at home!

Has anyone got any ideas
    ......... a big plastic tub maybe!

Chris

So that's whats behind it !

Ahhh a skeet would be nice ....... trouble is Oyster covered rocks ..... Mangroves , rock-bars ..... & to a lesser extent trees .......... just dont mix too well with fibreglass

Chris