Thread: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

Re: BEN HUR : MONDURAN (incorporating the Inaugural Mondy Muster) & AWOONGA in Septe

Hi NAGG have you gon to mondy.I do not have log to go to mondy for my 1ST trep.

Arrow Re: BEN HUR : MONDURAN (incorporating the Inaugural Mondy Muster) & AWOONGA in Septe

Hi NAGG have you gon to mondy.I do not have log to go to mondy for my 1ST trep.;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :) 8-) 8-)

Re: BEN HUR : MONDURAN (incorporating the Inaugural Mondy Muster) & AWOONGA in Septe

Hi guys have any of you gone to mondy this weeked?was it good?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    Tony Mondy :grin: I wish mate! Arse beats class every time they say

Sounds like Nagg has some competition for the Hard Luck Award! Like you said I just hope he leaves our bloody monkeys alone on the trip south!
    Hi Tony

Just arrived home , but only just ( no monkeys seen) Though I nearly lost the boat off the trailer near Scone late this afternoon.
    After noticing a rather loud clanging sound ...... i pulled over to see what the racket was ....... To my shock ...... the winch post U bolts had sheared away ...allowing the boat to slide 0.5 M backwards ......... with only the tie down strap averting a disaster ( If anyone doubts the virtues of tie downs .... dont)
    To add insult to injury ........ the front keel roller mount cracked .... which meant that the boat would hit the trailer on any bump .... & finally the spare wheel was nearly ripped from its mount.
    Anyway to cut a long story short ( & my anchor ropes) Mighty Whitey did some fancy rope work ..... & secured the boat well enough to make it back to Sydney (300km) where his wife met us ..... hooked my boat onto his fourby where he will arrange some welding , new U bolts ...... & re secure the spare wheel .

Oh yeh ..... we both had our lives pass before us ..... when the car traveling in the passing lane hit a bottle that was on the road & flung it up (100km/h) ........... striking the window wipers & bouncing over the car - - it was heading straight at MWs face ........... a scary moment

But hey ..... we are home
    Here is a pic of MWs rope work Attachment 35066

Nagg

PS ....... But you know the worst thing I had 16 hours of - "Yeee Hah ...... Whitey the barra master" & "I'll show you how to catch barra!" on the drive home ........ after he kicked my butt at Awoonga
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

What a trip Boys.....Talk about the High's and Low's and the potential for disaster....fortunatedly the Barra God's were in your boat and the travel god's were on holidays....the main thing is that you are both home safe and sound.....Unfortunatedly for you Chris The Mighty Whitey will be unbareable for months to come......What a trip...can't wait for the Piccies.......Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Geez guys,
    glad to hear ur ok.good to finally meet you,thanks for all your advice and info.Hope to catch you up soon..
    chewy

Yikes that's scary stuff Chris. :shocked:

Great to hear you both did eventually make it home safe! (and I bet the monkeys were hiding)

hehe sounds like Whitey is "The Man" eh? Who da Man!

We've heard you blokes did good up at Awoonga, can't wait to hear all about it and see the pics!

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Hi Tony

Just arrived home , but only just ( no monkeys seen) Though I nearly lost the boat off the trailer near Scone late this afternoon.
    After noticing a rather loud clanging sound ...... i pulled over to see what the racket was ....... To my shock ...... the winch post U bolts had sheared away ...allowing the boat to slide 0.5 M backwards ......... with only the tie down strap averting a disaster ( If anyone doubts the virtues of tie downs .... dont)
    To add insult to injury ........ the front keel roller mount cracked .... which meant that the boat would hit the trailer on any bump .... & finally the spare wheel was nearly ripped from its mount.
    Anyway to cut a long story short ( & my anchor ropes) Mighty Whitey did some fancy rope work ..... & secured the boat well enough to make it back to Sydney (300km) where his wife met us ..... hooked my boat onto his fourby where he will arrange some welding , new U bolts ...... & re secure the spare wheel .

Oh yeh ..... we both had our lives pass before us ..... when the car traveling in the passing lane hit a bottle that was on the road & flung it up (100km/h) ........... striking the window wipers & bouncing over the car - - it was heading straight at MWs face ........... a scary moment

Nagg

PS ....... But you know the worst thing I had 16 hours of - "Yeee Hah ...... Whitey the barra master" & "I'll show you how to catch barra!" on the drive home ........ after he kicked my butt at Awoonga
    criekey chris yous are lucky fellows hitting the roos on the way up seeing monkeys walking across the road whitey wiping the floor with at mondy late night celerbrations then awonnga succes and the near death on the way home
    sound liek we could make a movie out of this one . It was a pleasure to finally meet yas and look forward to catching up agian in november i hope we can all catch a fish or 2 this time rather then just whitey slaying them dont forget you had first taste of queensland xxxx and once you try that ya gone classic

Nagg

PS ....... But you know the worst thing I had 16 hours of - "Yeee Hah ...... Whitey the barra master" & "I'll show you how to catch barra!" on the drive home ........ after he kicked my butt at Awoonga [/quote]

Pleased you both got home safely and you didn't see any more monkeys

But tell me, does the Awoonga tally include the demerit points The Mighty Whitey earned by pushing you out of the boat onto the ramp and busting your arm??

And the trip to hospital??

Mate you pair had enough bad luck to last 20 trips

It's a wonder you got any barra at Awoonga

Now hurry up and post your report

Cheers,
    John.

PS. When are you releasing the DVD of the trip?????

Quote Originally Posted by Obi _ Wan View Post
    Nagg

But tell me, does the Awoonga tally include the demerit points The Mighty Whitey earned by pushing you out of the boat onto the ramp and busting your arm??

And the trip to hospital??
    Wow - hadn't heard of that! Daryl's bad luck is fairly serious competition, although I think Chris takes the cake in the hard luck stakes! (and I wouldn't be surprised if there's more we haven't heard of given the impressive tally of mishaps so far)

It seems the mighty Whitey was prepared to go to extremes to be the gun angler in the boat this trip

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Hi Tony

Nagg

It actually did get worst ........ (MW phoned me this morning) Apparently as he drove into his driveway with the yard full of cars decided to park on the lawn out the front of his property ....... As he did so , he put his foot onto the brake - only to find his Fourby ( & my boat) slide on the wet grass & into the side of his sons partners car ( nearly pushing it over an embankment ) $$$$
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    What a trip Boys.....Talk about the High's and Low's and the potential for disaster....fortunatedly the Barra God's were in your boat and the travel god's were on holidays....the main thing is that you are both home safe and sound.....Unfortunatedly for you Chris The Mighty Whitey will be unbareable for months to come......What a trip...can't wait for the Piccies.......Whitto
    I've written up the Mondy leg ..... but struggling to upload the pictures ( I'll try it again later)
    Yes it was a mixed bag ..... but a good trip non the less

Chris

PS ..... Unbearable would be putting it mildly
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    Yikes that's scary stuff Chris. :shocked:

Great to hear you both did eventually make it home safe! (and I bet the monkeys were hiding)

hehe sounds like Whitey is "The Man" eh? Who da Man!

We've heard you blokes did good up at Awoonga, can't wait to hear all about it and see the pics!
    You should have said MW did well ........ but I nailed (landed) the metery - Report to come

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    criekey chris yous are lucky fellows hitting the roos on the way up seeing monkeys walking across the road whitey wiping the floor with at mondy late night celerbrations then awonnga succes and the near death on the way home
    sound liek we could make a movie out of this one . It was a pleasure to finally meet yas and look forward to catching up agian in november i hope we can all catch a fish or 2 this time rather then just whitey slaying them dont forget you had first taste of queensland xxxx and once you try that ya gone classic
    Thats the trouble with doing the long trips ..... but we did make it home

Mate ...... You could get charged for that in NSW ...... "Taking advantage of an inebriated person"
    Yeh .... well, November will be ABT time ....... & no MW
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Reports up now ....... a marathon effort that!

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO