Thread: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

Re: BEN HUR : MONDURAN (incorporating the Inaugural Mondy Muster) & AWOONGA in Septe

Nothing wrong with fishing the new moon, although it makes navigating at night more difficult so many choose to fish the full moon for that reason

If the way the lakes are fishing at the moment is any indication there's a very good chance it will be great fishing when you get up there.

I plan to be back up at Monduran at the end of the month so might catch you guys up there.

Well done with the casting, that beer can must be getting very nervous (not to mention the cat)

Smile Re: BEN HUR : MONDURAN (incorporating the Inaugural Mondy Muster) & AWOONGA in Septe

Heay mate! "Fishboy1"
    Don’t worry about the moon cycle to much eh.
    The new moon will produce the goods for ya.
    Drop in and get the good oil From Foxie’s Barra Havoc. John or Jackie will let you know what’s working.
    The day time fishing should be going off around then anyway! and most of the good shallow to mide diver hard bodies will work mate. Good luck

Cheers Les

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

Re: BEN HUR : MONDURAN (incorporating the Inaugural Mondy Muster) & AWOONGA in Septe

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    Fishboy,

Don't worry about the moon mate, it doesn't matter. They are catching fish there now even though it was slow last weekend. Some blokes actually prefer to go when it is a new moon.

They say more fish are caught on the full moon but that is because more people fish the full moon just because it is easier to see .

The weather should be a bit warmer when you are there. The barra like the warm water to feed so you can fisk in the afternoon when the lake has warmed up .

I bet you have a great time. Keep practicing casting mate, good on you, have a great holiday! A coke can is a great idea, and keep up that cat!
    Where do you come from?
    i agree we missed our window on the weekend there is nothing to say your window wont be then so give it a try anytime is good even if the fish are wuiet there is plenty of places to explore and i say you might get lost so gps the ramp if ya can it does help
    good luck

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    i agree we missed our window on the weekend there is nothing to say your window wont be then so give it a try anytime is good even if the fish are wuiet there is plenty of places to explore and i say you might get lost so gps the ramp if ya can it does help
    good luck
    Hey! Speak for yaself! I thought the window was wide open!

To be honest though I think because I was with Les (BHP) McCod he showed me a window that had been jimmied open so I could squeeze in

Quote Originally Posted by fishboy1 View Post
    Hi guys,
    We are going to Monduran on the 28 of sept it will be the new moon. A man at the boatramp here said it was no good fishing for Barra then. Is that true? dad said there was nothing we could do about that because that is the school holidays. he said it won't make a lot of differance during the day we just have to work hard and keep the lures in the water and use our heads. what is the best moon to fish at monduran? when should i be asking dad to go back again. dad has bought me a new baitcaster a penn pinpoint 1000 and new rod a shimano catana i really like it. it is easy to cast straight i can hit the coke can in the yard most of the time and got the cat if he stays still. i saw that some good fish have caught up there i wish the weather would stay hot.
    fishboy,

Day fishing around new moon is better than any other time IMHO. (according to previous catch patterns in my diary) Saying that, new moons usually produce stabler weather patterns...that could be another major reason.
    Dont listen to anyone that tells you there is a bad time to fish for barra. there is no bad time mate!!! anytime you get the chance to fish from now on is a good chance to catch a barra.

cheers Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    fishboy,

. there is no bad time mate!!! anytime you get the chance to fish from now on is a good chance to catch a barra.

cheers Steve
    you wont catch them whingeing and moaning in your lounge room about wind, moon, weather, temps etc etc mate.

Now, I really should get out of this recliner and go fishing...............

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    Hey! Speak for yaself! I thought the window was wide open!

To be honest though I think because I was with Les (BHP) McCod he showed me a window that had been jimmied open so I could squeeze in
    yeah thats right you had a advantage speed or as they say his lamgini wass fly that fast the fish didnt have a chance to run away lol hey tony your boat is great on fuel too hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    yeah thats right you had a advantage speed or as they say his lamgini wass fly that fast the fish didnt have a chance to run away lol hey tony your boat is great on fuel too hehehehe
    haha too true - I swear that Suzuki runs on the smell of an oily rag! The fuel guage didn't move a millimetre! The boat did enjoy the run up the highway to the dam and back to the bay though!

Next time I catch Les up there I'll have to repay the favour - might have to put some high octane in the tank though

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    haha too true - I swear that Suzuki runs on the smell of an oily rag! The fuel guage didn't move a millimetre! The boat did enjoy the run up the highway to the dam and back to the bay though!

Next time I catch Les up there I'll have to repay the favour - might have to put some high octane in the tank though
    yeah i think he likes to feel the wind in his hair lol
    welll it blew his mo off

hi guys,
    thanks for the replys. My name is Jake i am 8years old i live on the Sunshine coast in Caloundra. we go to Boreen Point on lake Cootharaba every week end where we have a holiday house. I race my sailing boat each sunday on the lake and fish on the noosa river for flathead and bream and up in the everglads for bass. i have caught mangrove jack there too. sometines we go outside and catch mackeral and tuna i always catch more fish then my dad he used to be a proffessional fisherman. I have fished for barra in the NT but i want to catch one that is 1meter. I can not wait to get to munduran we will be camping. our boat is a japanese long boat it is white it has a blue ice box on it and a yamaha motor our car is a holden crewman with lots of signs on it that say caloundra canvas and vinyl thats my dads job. we get there on the 28th 0f sept.
    my mum and dad help me with the spelling.

From Jakes Dad, Hope he isn't bothering you fellas, he is seriously into his fishing and seems to have the magic touch, his right,he does usually catch more then me and doesn't seem to have any trouble taking on big fish. I get sick of hearing "Dad I'm on.... Go you good thing go" Any rate if you spot the boat or car up there be sure to say hello.

good on ya Jake!

My son is named Jake to. I live at Kawana you have a great time mate, show Dad how it is done. If there is one thing Dad's like more than catchin good fish it is fishing with their son and watching him hook up

Gday Jakes Dad, bother any one??, no way mate, great to see a young bloke so keen, wish you and jake the best in chaseing that metery for him.

cheers
    brian

Jake we have just had a few day up at the dam. Not sure if it will still be working in a few weeks time but squidgy slick rigs in gary glitter and green gremlin in the 130mm size were the gun for us. We also put stinger hooks on most of ours. We were casting at the points with the wind behind us. Right on dusk was the best time for us and when the moon was rising. It was better fishing at night. Look for the warmer water and wind pushing the bait up on to the points. Good luck and keep us posted on how you go.
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Hey Jake, Roo gets sick of hearing " I'm on " too. He He.
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

+1 to what Brian and others have said. Great to hear from you Jake. Go get 'em mate. Fire away with any questions you like. It is not a problem whatsoever to any of us who feel they can answer you best.

Good stuff.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"