Thread: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

Re: BEN HUR : MONDURAN (incorporating the Inaugural Mondy Muster) & AWOONGA in Septe

Oops - maybe I had better get the report started as a lot of the Musterers are still up there and of those that have headed home I imagine a good nights sleep might be on the cards before getting on the net

My hat goes off to them for hanging an allnighter around the campfire, I guess I just peaked to early on the partying on Friday night

Re: BEN HUR : MONDURAN (incorporating the Inaugural Mondy Muster) & AWOONGA in Septe

[quote=TonyM;897382]It's a bummer you couldn't get up there Brian - hope to catch up with you sometime soon up there.

I just got back and had a fantastic time - what a great bunch of people, plenty of laughs to be had!

Steve - hope you haven't got a sore head today! A few of the fellas were having such a great time last night they kinda forgot to go to bed and were still going when I got up at 6 o'clock!

I think the plan is to put up a different post for reports, and there was much discussion about what the title should be (I can't remember what it was) so will wait untill someone with a better memory than me gets the ball rolling on that one!

Suffice to say I plan to be at the next Mondy Muster for sure - wouldn't miss it for quids!

hey tony, i cant remember what or if a decision was made on posting reports..i think wrap it up here keep the thread going till the last report think it would be a fitting thing (what do you think ),,why am i talkin about thinking my brain is fryed dont know why i even logged on since sat morn the only sleep ive had is 2 hrs in the car on the way home todaybut wooo what good turn out, top bunch ,

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    Oops - maybe I had better get the report started as a lot of the Musterers are still up there and of those that have headed home I imagine a good nights sleep might be on the cards before getting on the net

My hat goes off to them for hanging an allnighter around the campfire, I guess I just peaked to early on the partying on Friday night
    yep get it rollin tony, since you are the MAN.

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Tony, I knew it would be a cracker, loking forward to reports by all

cheers
    brian

it was a good weekend brian sorry you missed it ...would have been good to catch up with you and also mikooh...

cheers Deano, will run into each other up there some time Im sure, sounds like a fat time had by all, but were the fish on the go, hmmmmmmmmm, I wonder????

CMON YOU BLOKES, GET SOME REPORTS GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian, firstly, how did the Grand Final go for your team???????

Now The Mondy Muster,

As you remember i had already recieved a call to fish Awoonga, but on Friday, on my way home i called into Mondy.

Nath and Nipsta had already pitched their tent and had gone fishing,

Whitto and his lad had their tent up and were relaxing at the tables in the kitchen,

Nagg and the Mighty Whitey were still erecting their borrowed tent, they had been at it for around an hour before i got there and it took them another half hour to figure out the way the tent had to be set up.

Funny storey from Whitey, on their way up on Thursday, Nagg saw an animal and called out "Look a Monkey", Whitey said yeah right we are in Africa and just then spotted a cow and said, " Oh look theres a Lion". The animal Nagg saw and called it for a Monkey, was in fact a Koala.

It looked like it was going to be a beaut weekend, sorry i missed it.

Cheers,
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    cheers Deano, will run into each other up there some time Im sure, sounds like a fat time had by all, but were the fish on the go, hmmmmmmmmm, I wonder????

CMON YOU BLOKES, GET SOME REPORTS GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    will catch up for sure sometime,i will let tony kick of the reports , im knackerd and of to get some much needed sleep,will write something up with some friday nite pics tmoz if ya know what i mean..
    deano..

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    it was a good weekend brian sorry you missed it ...would have been good to catch up with you and also mikooh...
    If the Muster becomes an annual event (I hope it does!) I'll be there with bells on next year...

For now I'll just have to sit back and read the reports......

Mick

you and me both Mick

John, GF was good mate, we won and I snagged MoM award some how, now, how was the big A mate???

Sounds like "The Mikooh" might be going south this year?????

Phew - took a while to write the report sorry!

I waffled on in the report so much I think Nagg is having a bad effect on me!

MONDY MUSTER REPORT IS HERE:
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=138365

Cheers
    Tony

Well done Brian, Congratulations on the win and the MOM mate, more decorations for the pool room.

The Big A was a little quiet mate, cold wind and unwilling barra, still i managed to get a couple over a meter with the best going 115cm, big fat fish, as wide as a truth mat, and an 82cm model. I hear things have hotted up a fair bit since i left, keep your eye opened for a report from Trev, re: the comp that was held Friday & Saturday.

Geez i would have liked to have been at Mondy this weekend, i reckon it had the makings of a bloody good weekend regardless of fish LOL.

cHEERS,
    jOHN.

G'Day John..Good to meet u finally..shame u wern't able to stay a while...it turns out to be a Great weekend....up till sunday not alot of Barra caught in fact very very few....plenty of Barra around and alot of bony's about but they were not interested....u name it I threw it...thats Barra for ya.....will catchup again John in the mean time have a good year......Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Yeah Whitto it was good to finally catch up.

You know as i was driving away i was thinking how much crap would i get into if i stayed, it nearly happened mate but i thought with the big Faust trip fast approaching i had better get home and prepare for that.

I won't miss the next one.

I too saw plenty of big fish at Awoonga in the very shallow water, some with their backs out of the water, poor girls, just trying to get warm.

Cheers,
    John.

MIck John, pete and everyone....I still havent caught a fish YET...still have this arvo to go.

My mate and son who I took out on sat had 1 good hookup and gear malfunction saw the end of that fish. Sunday I had a great day in the ranger with Big ren (paul) and Ben (etamog..or what ever his name is). We had no luck, 2 hits only. we lost 2 hats thanks to the ranger and 100 km ride!!...we look 5 yrss younger with a free face lift though..
    Lay day with family on Monday......brownie points and a phone call to AA.

Today??? I will post..

I dont want to steal thunder....the reports will come...but a fair few were caught yesterday..with our nature killer and intrepid african wildlife spotter from Sydney side leading the way even with 1 mudguard on his trailer!.....we will never here the end.

cheeers Steve

Steve, Good to hear that you are still alive... From all reports I thought we may have lost you to a severe case of Tooheys Flu.... ... ... ..... ......

By the sounds of it Chris has turned his luck around.... and may no longer be in the running for the "Mikooh".

You on the other hand..........look to be in trouble!!

Good luck with 'em

Mick