Classifieds

Page 1 of 249 123456789101151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 3729
  1. #1

    BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

    Hi Fellow Ausfishers & IBD sufferers

    Here it is - our very own annual gathering " The Mondy Muster" ..... and this is where it all started - lets keep it going.



    Well its pretty well looking like The Mighty Whitey & I will be heading up for a week of therapy (12th-20th) ...... with the plan to split our time between the two impoundments.
    This will be my first venture to chase dam barra so early in the season (humour me you lucky locals ) ...... We normally fish impoundments in late Oct /Nov as a side interest to our NQ estuary trips.

    So what can we expect ....... Typical weather patterns / temps ( night temps) We will be tenting it ! I Froze my butt off one night - last Oct at Cania
    On the fishing front (knowing weather pattens play their part) What tactics are successful ..... ie surface poppers / walkers etc ...... Shallow or deep ( Night fishing)


    Anything else

    We'd appreciate some help ........ Also I need to advise MW on what he needs to stock up on ! ......... Besides beer

    Cheers & thanks

    Nagg
    Last edited by NAGG; 14-03-2010 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Incorporation of 2009 dates

  2. #2

    Re: MONDURAN & AWOONGA in September

    frogs and green bombers

    Cheers Foxie

  3. #3

    Re: MONDURAN & AWOONGA in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Magella View Post
    frogs and green bombers

    Cheers Foxie

    I should have seen that one coming Foxie ( from a mile away)

    I'm going to try to catch up with you this trip ......... We seem to arrive at some un-godly hour or head / come from the opposite direction!

    Cheers

    Chris

  4. #4

    Re: MONDURAN & AWOONGA in September

    Don't forget all your GPS marks, auto casters and Mango Tree identification sheets.

    Cheers,
    John.

  5. #5

    Re: MONDURAN & AWOONGA in September

    Nagg,

    We will be at Monduran around the start of the full moon.

    As for methods and tactics.

    I'm taking the lot! Sept can be the best of both worlds as we could get some really warm days but could also get cold. As a general starting point, we will start with fairly shallow water (2-6ft) and depending on temps, go deeper.

    Again, as a general rule - damn and dusk are the times we usually a bit more experimental with surface presentations and during the day, mainly stick to subsurface offerings.

    We will try and fish most of the first night that we up there to see if they are active. If not, we will mostly fish 5am to 7pm.

    We have opted for cabins rather than camp - could still get cold at night and we'll only get about 2.5 days fishing so don't want to waste time setting up and packing up.

    Again mate, this is just a starting point. I always take up nearly all my barra lures. We won't know for sure until we hit the ramp and see what the water is doing. Everyday could be different so for this time of the year, go open minded and be prepared to try different methods depending on conditions - anything could work.

    P.S. We always start with each angler using something quite different. if someone cracks the code, don't be scared to swap to what they using/doing. For us mate, it's not about pride, it's all about coversion rates and making sure you don't donut - hey Benny .

    May catch you on the water.

  6. #6

    Re: MONDURAN & AWOONGA in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Obi _ Wan View Post
    Don't forget all your GPS marks, auto casters and Mango Tree identification sheets.

    Cheers,
    John.
    First things packed John ........ Along with the Enigma decoder set for Gladstone!

    plus .... a cricket bat to keep MW under control

  7. #7

    Re: MONDURAN & AWOONGA in September

    Quote Originally Posted by black_sheep View Post
    Nagg,

    We will be at Monduran around the start of the full moon.

    As for methods and tactics.

    I'm taking the lot! Sept can be the best of both worlds as we could get some really warm days but could also get cold. As a general starting point, we will start with fairly shallow water (2-6ft) and depending on temps, go deeper.

    Again, as a general rule - damn and dusk are the times we usually a bit more experimental with surface presentations and during the day, mainly stick to subsurface offerings.

    We will try and fish most of the first night that we up there to see if they are active. If not, we will mostly fish 5am to 7pm.

    We have opted for cabins rather than camp - could still get cold at night and we'll only get about 2.5 days fishing so don't want to waste time setting up and packing up.

    Again mate, this is just a starting point. I always take up nearly all my barra lures. We won't know for sure until we hit the ramp and see what the water is doing. Everyday could be different so for this time of the year, go open minded and be prepared to try different methods depending on conditions - anything could work.

    P.S. We always start with each angler using something quite different. if someone cracks the code, don't be scared to swap to what they using/doing. For us mate, it's not about pride, it's all about coversion rates and making sure you don't donut - hey Benny .

    May catch you on the water.
    Thanks Nav ........ Good info there

    I think a fair few are going to be around at that time ......... It could make for an interesting hungover weekend . We get in on Friday evening & move on to Awoonga around Tuesday lunchtime
    Hope to catch up!

    Chris

  8. #8

    Re: MONDURAN & AWOONGA in September

    LOL Chris, Good stuff.

    Mate be prepared to tackle all possible events, fishing methods and of course the weather. I froze in a heavy sleeping bag at Faust a couple of years ago at Faust, in the middle of October.

    But i think the most necessary items of all that you need to pack are your animal cunning and senses, be prepared to experiment.

    Good luck mate, you may even see me in that neck of the woods around that time.

    Cheers,
    John.

  9. #9

    Re: MONDURAN & AWOONGA in September

    Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Hi Fellow Ausfishers & IBD sufferers

    Well its pretty well looking like The Mighty Whitey & I will be heading up for a week of therapy (12th-20th) ...... with the plan to split our time between the two impoundments.
    This will be my first venture to chase dam barra so early in the season (humour me you lucky locals ) ...... We normally fish impoundments in late Oct /Nov as a side interest to our NQ estuary trips.

    So what can we expect ....... Typical weather patterns / temps ( night temps) We will be tenting it ! I Froze my butt off one night - last Oct at Cania
    On the fishing front (knowing weather pattens play their part) What tactics are successful ..... ie surface poppers / walkers etc ...... Shallow or deep ( Night fishing)


    Anything else

    We'd appreciate some help ........ Also I need to advise MW on what he needs to stock up on ! ......... Besides beer

    Cheers & thanks

    Nagg
    Decent beer for a start! may I recommend a local drop called XXXX.

    No fish bite until summer I am told. its too cold in september.

    Navi and John have pretty much nailed it.

  10. #10

    Re: MONDURAN & AWOONGA in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Decent beer for a start! may I recommend a local drop called XXXX.

    No fish bite until summer I am told. its too cold in september.

    Navi and John have pretty much nailed it.
    XXXX a decent beer ......Attachment 32336 Here is a picture of the predecessor to xxxx ...... just kidding

  11. #11

    Re: MONDURAN & AWOONGA in September

    Chris.....We will be that is Tropical Trout Nipsta and Myself at Monduran on the 12/13/14/ September and I believe the 15th is the full moon...a spot of night fishing will be happening as well as an evening or two of drinking Swill and general discussions of BullS..t.......we maybe able to encourage Foxie and SteveB to grace us with their presence as well as anyone else who has a mind to come over and say G'Day.......Cheers Whitto PS You will recognise my boat it's painted green as are all my lures

  12. #12

    Re: MONDURAN & AWOONGA in September

    Nagg,
    Attached below is an older/recent post that you may like to put into your decoder. If anyone new exactly what any water way would be like in a months time, we would all likely be masterminds. All we can do is guess and assume, but a lot can happen in a month. Maybe one day many will realise how bizzare fishing and nature really is and that fine tuning still comes down to the minute. Your ABT approach should be the same, you will need to fine tune and possibly adjust plans in the hour before kick off time.
    Black Sheeps simple 'trial and error' approach is what is required on everyday of summer, autumn, winter and spring. All lure types offer the same stimulus in any season. The same tackle box full of lures are useful tools on any barramundi trip on any lake in any month. September usually offers improving water temperatures and therefore increasing metabolsims of barramundi. All day and all night in Sepetmber may allow you opportunity to hook fish if a typical September unfolds. (but what is typical anymore?) Cool mornings and nights are likely, warm days are possible, increasing air temperature is most likely.
    I for one don't expect to be fishing the same way as we did last September when it was fishing extremely well, am or pm!
    Here is that piece for the decoder!!
    JM

    Nagg,
    A 'new look' Lake Awoonga down beneath the surface has changed my approach to fishing slightly, yet again. A few new lures, 2 new rod/reel combos and a changed mental attitude to the new lake will help keep me in touch with yet another 'chapter' in changing lake dynamics.
    Weed and moss buffers on the edges and weed bed barriers out in deep water have changed water flow and wave action, so for the ' now time', in some ways, we have a lake and some barramundi that will behave differently in these circumstances. Some good lures that have done quite well in the past may not do as good and some new fandangle tackle will fill a few gaps.
    Cheers,
    Johnny
    * This is as simple as I can describe it.

  13. #13

    Re: MONDURAN & AWOONGA in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Chris.....We will be that is Tropical Trout Nipsta and Myself at Monduran on the 12/13/14/ September and I believe the 15th is the full moon...a spot of night fishing will be happening as well as an evening or two of drinking Swill and general discussions of BullS..t.......we maybe able to encourage Foxie and SteveB to grace us with their presence as well as anyone else who has a mind to come over and say G'Day.......Cheers Whitto PS You will recognise my boat it's painted green as are all my lures
    Hey Whitto ........ It will be great to catch up with you guys & share some lunatic soup ! We really wanted to have a night session too Probably stay out late rather than trying to get out of bed too early on a full tank

    Chris

  14. #14

    Re: MONDURAN & AWOONGA in September

    Thanks JM ..... I think
    I totally understand the time thing ..... & the seasonal / weather influences !
    So i'm not looking for the silver bullet ( just thoughts)
    I'll be rocking up with a range of toys to play with ......... & my game face on ( eyes & ears open ...... spend more time taking it all in! I certainly plan to do a fair bit of exploring )
    But ...... As we are traveling a fair whack , some forward preparation is required!

    cheers & hope to catch up

    Chris

  15. #15

    Re: MONDURAN & AWOONGA in September

    Nagg,
    I'm sure you have done more than enough preperation after the many months of prompting and questioning on this site. I like your response -"I'll be rocking up with a range of toys to play with ......... & my game face on ( eyes & ears open ...... spend more time taking it all in! I certainly plan to do a fair bit of exploring )"
    That is the answer that is required.
    Cheers.
    Yell out when you arrive. I'll be out there, somewhere! I'm sure there will be more up to date information by then. Techniques catch fish; the more you have, the better your chances.
    jm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us