Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: s factor for barra

s factor for barra

About a week after squidgy pro came out in tackleworld i had a sashay of s factor sitting in with my hardbodys so when i was barra fishing i put some on my mad mullet and after the first few casts i forgot about it and got a hit but didnt hook up and untill about 2 weeks a go when i heard someone say s factor with hardbodies i remembered that i tryed it and missed a fish.
    I was wondering if anyone uses it on hardbody lures as it is quite oily and it stays on for atleast a few casts.
    If so do you think it helps ?

cheers BK

Re: s factor for barra

BK,

I use it on heaps of lures, and have found it to "stick" well to hard body lures. I like putting it on slow moving lures, as think it may make the difference between a "not sure fish" to one who hits the lure out of even curiosity or mistaking it for a different smelling food.. Hope that makes sense.

When putting it on the Bony Breams I run "S" down the back on top, but not the sides, as it can slightly take some of the flash away from the lure

Have fun with it and experiment

Matt

I was fishing for bass on the weekend and the bite shut down and after a while with no bites i put a "heap" of s factor on the plastic and first cast fish. I think it works!!!!!

Yes it works a treat i havent used it on HB yet but certainly plastix. I caught my first fish on my first cast using s factor! i always carry it now!

Cam
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

There is all ways the what if factor. Would the fish have jumped on with out the scent on the lure. I dissmiss a fish jumping on a lure because it has scent on it and one doesn't. But i am a very strong believer in a fish hanging on to a lure longer with scent on it. A fish will it a lure if it wants it, but if the fish are not quite sure and they get a good taste and not a plastic taste well they will hang on long enough for you to set the hook. JMO
    Cheers Moggy

Bk ..... There are some exceptionally talented barra fishoes hereabouts that are using it ........ I wont argue against it

Nagg

I pretty much agree with Moggys sentiments. Its very hard to prove yes/no. I have had great success with it...was it the S factor?.....who knows?? BUT, I if it doesnt improve hookup rates, it certiainly doesnt do any harm from my observations. I have found more positives for Sfactor and no negatives so far.

Thanks Matt for another great tip regarding placement of Sfactor on HB and Stiifes etc to maintain max refections.

cheers steve

Quote Originally Posted by moggy1 View Post
    There is all ways the what if factor. Would the fish have jumped on with out the scent on the lure. I dissmiss a fish jumping on a lure because it has scent on it and one doesn't. But i am a very strong believer in a fish hanging on to a lure longer with scent on it. A fish will it a lure if it wants it, but if the fish are not quite sure and they get a good taste and not a plastic taste well they will hang on long enough for you to set the hook. JMO
    Cheers Moggy
    Look I have to agree with Moggy.......I use a scent when fishing for Bass using a 1/2oz Data Jig with a Baby Bass Slider and certainly scent will hold their interest...a halfhearted attempt is certainly followed by a more vigour's bite and capture more often than not.......it is definatedly worth applying what ever substance you desire.......Cheers Whitto

well now that i know s factor is worth trying can it be bottled ? no effects or having it bottled
    and one of the packs i have is like half, half it has oily looking stuff and thicker looking stuff does that matter ? and do i just try to mix it together ?

sorry for all the questions it just i don't use to much squidgy pro (untill now)

BK,

Questions were meant to be asked, and then hopefully answered, or at least opinions given..

Mate, Don't worry too much about the half half.. I used a half half packet today (maybe not the best quality as I think this happens when heat hits it IMO) but it did not fase the fish at all and the results showed... Lots of hits and some very good hookups. My hits were all on soft plastics with a bit of "S" as well..See freshwater report for today

Cheers
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by BARRAkid View Post
    well now that i know s factor is worth trying can it be bottled ? no effects or having it bottled
    and one of the packs i have is like half, half it has oily looking stuff and thicker looking stuff does that matter ? and do i just try to mix it together ?

sorry for all the questions it just i don't use to much squidgy pro (untill now)

Hey BK ...... & everyone else
    Here is a little tip ......... When you get the packet of Peanut butter "S Factor" - Snip the corner & squeeze it into one of those little 35mm film canisters.
    You end up with no wastage , you can keep it in your pocket ........ & it wont end up everywhere!
    I just top the canister up each time I buy some squidgy pro's -
    works a treat!

Cheers

Nagg

Hey Nagg

That is a good idea. I snipped the corner and left it in my plastics tackle box. I now have oil everywhere. It does make the plastics smell good though. The next task is to find an old film cannister.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Clark View Post
    Hey Nagg

That is a good idea. I snipped the corner and left it in my plastics tackle box. I now have oil everywhere. It does make the plastics smell good though. The next task is to find an old film cannister.

Cheers
    Born from necessity ........ I sat on my packet ........ "S" everywhere

Nagg

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Hey BK ...... & everyone else
    Here is a little tip ......... When you get the packet of Peanut butter "S Factor" - Snip the corner & squeeze it into one of those little 35mm film canisters.
    You end up with no wastage , you can keep it in your pocket ........ & it wont end up everywhere!
    I just top the canister up each time I buy some squidgy pro's -
    works a treat!

Cheers

Nagg
    Thats what I do. seals nice and tight. The thing I really like about this stuff is that it doesn't smell. Looks bloody horrible, but doesn't smell.
    I was fishing for bass the other day, casting slugs. I'd made about twenty casts with no hits, remembered the Sfactor, wiped some on and WHAM hit on the drop for a nice big bass. Next cast WHAM, but that next bass stole the slug. I wipe it on the lure and then rub the rest into my fingers.
    In the words of the Dilmha tea man....Do try it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Here is a little tip ......... When you get the packet of Peanut butter "S Factor" - Snip the corner & squeeze it into one of those little 35mm film canisters......
    Cheers

Nagg
    What is this film. you talk of.

Is it like a memory card in the olden days?

Jim