View Poll Results: What is the best braid??

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daiwa Saltiga

22 10.48%
  • Daiwa TD Sensor

21 10.00%
  • Fins

61 29.05%
  • Suffix

27 12.86%
  • Sunline Super PE

24 11.43%
  • Sunline Castaway

26 12.38%
  • Fireline

44 20.95%
  • Whiplash

16 7.62%
  • Jigman

17 8.10%
  • Tuf Line

30 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top 3 Braids

Re: Top 3 Braids

G'day all!

Anywhere to look for the best price for the Sunline Castaway?

T-hanks, Rob.
    Ballina

Quote Originally Posted by smoked View Post
    sunline pe castaway
    sunline super pe
    stren mircofuse
    as above
    over 30lbs the Cast away
    under 30lbs the Super PE
    Under 12lbs Stren Micro Fuse

Who here has had dealing with Tuf Line in the 20-30lb range??

oh and what size spools do the Sunline braid come in??(both Castaway and Super PE)

keep em coming..
    cheers
    "holy sh!t, did you see that?"

Quote Originally Posted by WestOzDesertFisher View Post
    Who here has had dealing with Tuf Line in the 20-30lb range??

oh and what size spools do the Sunline braid come in??(both Castaway and Super PE)

keep em coming..
    cheers
    Both come in 150m and 300m but probably depends what b/s you are looking at also.

Its not on the list ........ Nitlon!!!!!

Its the best .... i've used ( certainly on Baitcast gear)
    Other than that ...... Daiwa TD Sensor

most other braids i've used ..... have all had issues

Nagg

What about Platypus?

sorry guys.. only put up the ones that appeared in the first few posts of the thread

who here knows the dia. on the 20lb Sunline braid??

A pity you omitted to include the best two Barra braids which happen to be Australian Made. Anything other that Bionic or Platypus braids for barra is third best!

Maybe better phrasing of your poll question would help. Are you looking for it for Freshwater, Saltwater, Beach, River, Reef, offshore Trolling or freshwater trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post
    A pity you omitted to include the best two Barra braids which happen to be Australian Made. Anything other that Bionic or Platypus braids for barra is third best!

Maybe better phrasing of your poll question would help. Are you looking for it for Freshwater, Saltwater, Beach, River, Reef, offshore Trolling or freshwater trolling?
    Offshore trolling ......Braid? Nooooooooooooooooooo!
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WestOzDesertFisher View Post
    who here knows the dia. on the 20lb Sunline braid??

I cant give you exact figures but I spooled a reel up with 20lb sunline today and it is slightly thinner than 20lb Finns.On the finns box I have it states that its the same diameter as 8lb mono.I hope thats some help to you.

There are a lot of well priced good quality braids around now.Plenty of choices.

Toddy

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy_again View Post
    I cant give you exact figures but I spooled a reel up with 20lb sunline today and it is slightly thinner than 20lb Finns.On the finns box I have it states that its the same diameter as 8lb mono.I hope thats some help to you.

There are a lot of well priced good quality braids around now.Plenty of choices.

Toddy
    The Sunline breaks at around the stated B/S but the Fins is usually way above whats stated
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

am trying td sensor at the moment so far so good.........

your mind is like a parachute, it only works when its open

Haven't used half of them in the poll but I've used the Tufline and its been pretty good

Suffix all the way, Love the stuff in anything from 10-30lb (I have 50lb also but haven't spooled it yet). Can be a bit expensive at about $39 for 150 yards compared to others. (I have never looked into the stuff that shows the depth as those BIG spool prices scare me).

Fireline is ok up to 10-14lb but is way to stiff for anything other than trawling over this size, I use to use 10lb all the time flicking plastics for Bream and other species, worked well, Especially when you can get it on sale for around $20 for 150 yards. But since changing to suffix I can get about 1/4 more distance out of my casts than I was able to with fireline.

Fins is a good strong braid and is still supple at 50lbs. This is all I have ever used for Barra and its stood up the the test being pulled around the trees a number of times. It has also landed some good fish from the reef without a problem. I have run 50lb on an abu bait caster and 20lb on a 4000 spin reel, Both these outfits have performed well for me.

I can't comment on any of the others sorry, I have never tried them! But one thing I have noticed with ALL braid so far. After spooling on some new line I like to use a slug, or a decent HB lure for at least 1 hour before changing over to a light plastic. Using a heavy lure allows you to cast a fair amount of braid from the spool, then when retrieving under pressure allows the braid to work onto the spool better and have less loose line that might cause knots when casting. Yes spooling your line properly to begin with should stop this from happening, but I think as the braid takes on water and loosens up somewhat it changes how it sits on the spool.

hope this helps ya.

Cheers
    Brandon...