Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I rescued 2 kids today

Re: I rescued 2 kids today

The coppers told me he got DUI and she got a ticket also but i didn't ask what the ticket was for.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboot View Post
    I continue to be gob smacked about this " drunk in charge of a boat" thing.

So these people have enough money to own a " significant marine assett" one asumes they would then have some sort of fancy ( or not) vehicle.
    Do they think they wont get caught or don't they realise they will have every licence they have suspended. No only wont they be able to use their boat but they will be getting around on public transport for quite some time and if they are a repeat ofender.... they will be permanent pedestrians.

Trouble is, a lot of these folks really don't care. They may pay the fine, but just as likely not. Then they will drive/operate the boat regardless, and whinge at the pub/BBQ that the Coppers are against them, Man.

My VERY personal view is that for say 0.08 and above, or repeat offences, a 6 month jail term should be imposed, suspended on the basis of a say 2 year very constraining set of parole conditions.

We are way too easy on repeat offenders. Bring back the days of town squares, stocks, and tubs of rotten fruit and veg for us to chuck at the baddies. Maybe some civil obedience and respect might start to drift back into society. It's certainly up the sh!tter right now...

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

On the news the other night, they had a story on the coppers waiting outside the southport court house booking those convicted of DUI, having lost their licence getting straight back in their cars.

aparantly they booked several on one day.

Now you would have to be a bit silly..............So there are a string of DUI hearings........ the hearing will be convieniently spaced and it would be pretty easy to know when an ofender is comming out......you could stand at the back of the room, hear the verdict, then follow the ofender to their car........hell money for jam................the copper could even be in full uniform, because court houses have uniforms walking in and out all day.

And why not.

cheers

I am happy to have a rum or two on the water, it’s a must. But to get smashed is just plain stupid. To get smashed when you have kids in the boat is beyond stupid, it’s totally irresponsible and unforgivable. If the cops put that guy in jail then I would not give a shit, if they drowned him there and then I would be happy. They guy does not deserve to have children and IMO should be put down. This shit makes me so angry.

Razgo, good on you for helping out. You are a better man than I because I would have got the kids on board and let the parents float and called up the police to get them.

9 months later I get a phone call Monday from the arresting copper. He said he has had a hell of a time with the courts trying to charge them with DUI.

What happened was the woman decided to confess to being in charge of the vessel being at the tiller. But for some reason the magistrate did not believe her story and wouldn't allow the DUI to stick without further evidence.

So they have been trying to track me down for a while since i left horizon shores last January they had trouble tracking me down.

So ok I agree to make a statement and provide the video i took of the incident.

I thought they were gold coast water police as they asked to meet at morningside police station yesterday morning for convenience for me.

No problem off i go and do the interview and provide the video. They were happy because even though i stated he was at the tiller and she never moved they also noted that i threw out the tow line to him which he tied off. hey said that means he was in charge of the vessel as well.

Anyhow they were thrilled i helped them out.

The good news is through out the course if the conversation I asked where abouts was their station down the coast. And they said no we are from Redland Bay Police.

And i am like well i am on my way down their now to pelican slipway. And they said thats where there new swish police boat is. I said yeah i had seen it there and also saw them go flying past vic point the other day in it.

They said is does 46knots!! which is like 85km/hr!

So long story short they said next time they see me down there they will offer me to come for a ride in her

It looks like a stabi craft but isn't. I just might have to be there everyday now

Sounds like they might just get what is coming to them after all. Good on you for helping to keep the waterways safe from drunken jerks.

Also sounds like a thrill ride the coppers have now, then they do need to be there as quick as they can.

Cheers
    Chris