Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMITH Ltd fishing gear

SMITH Ltd fishing gear

hi, has anyone been using much smith ltd stuff ??? i have a couple of their rods and have fished with a few more and i just love them, by far one of the lightest yet powerful rods i have ever fished, even tho i am a diehard loomis fan these rods are really something. The lures they produce are pretty good also, i found their cherry blood in gold is one of the best snag bashing lures i have ever fished up here in nth qld.

Re: SMITH Ltd fishing gear

the smith range allong with a few other jap companies is some of the best in the world,ihave fished with a smith bayliner on bream to and its simply awsome.
    the cherry bloods are awsome on jack,barra and supprsinly very good on flatties

Top Shelf gear
    Limit your Catch - Don't Catch your Limit

Yep, top stuff. I got one of their rods, a baitcaster rated to 100lb to take to New Guinea. Also some of their Serena lures.

love thei rods also i have a few of them but the nirai jig rod is my favorite oh but i do love my 70JP also or there is he kgs series too...........

woohoo bout time someone on here talked about something other than rack raiders and t curves

Thumbs up Re: SMITH Ltd fishing gear

Nothing wrong with the old T-curves M-H, but I do prefer the Smith Nirai for jigging and Komodo Dragon for popping . Top jigs as well
    Limit your Catch - Don't Catch your Limit

[quote=breamnut;871940]the smith range allong with a few other jap companies is some of the best in the world,ihave fished with a smith bayliner on bream to and its simply awsome.

Yep, have the same rod BLM-73UML/RF. AWESOME

My bayliner was my favourite rod, but now I have a smith "dancing bream" so I cant decide. I looked at loomis, steez, megabass, egrell etc with no budget in mind and the smith came home. I cant wait to put my new exist on it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuo View Post
    My bayliner was my favourite rod, but now I have a smith "dancing bream" so I cant decide. I looked at loomis, steez, megabass, egrell etc with no budget in mind and the smith came home. I cant wait to put my new exist on it!!
    nice.... which model did you end up getting??

Your an addict Giles, now we just have to get you out there and use it... I'm here shoud you need me

Scott

The exist is a 2004. I thought it would balance better with this rod than the 1003. The rod is a DB-SH72. Its all black and all class. It should work the chubb'ys a bit better than the bayliner. As with the bayliner it has a fold down lure clip and guides that lay down to prevent line catching. Nice stuff.

Thanks for the offer Scott, I think I have a free morning in October. Definately need to get out more!!!!

nice rod, do you use many of their lures ? these days im starting to get over the cheaper lures and i would rather 1 smith or maria amnis or something japenese compared to say three bombers or rmg's or killalures, don't get me wrong they all have their spot but, my hookup rate is definitly better, i think the lures action more than anything.

I've got a KGS-70mh which i use for soft plastics in deeper water offshore as it deals with the 2 + 3 ounce jigheads easily. Just a lovely rod that was designed as a light jig stick but fits it's new roll very well!

Ian
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

I'm with you rhyce, I know that gold bombers have caught more than their share of fish but I just can't go past the jap lures. The smith camion dredge does some damage but the chubby is my go to lure.

Anyone know some OS sites that can supply smith rods? Be interesting to see the price difference from local suppliers...