Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 42 of 42
  1. #31

    Re: Barra Tackle for the new season

    Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post

    PS ..... Matt & I came up with the cast counter ...... A pedometer on the casting arm
    does it work.?

    nothing new for me since the Queens birthday trip. I have more than enough things to chuck at them. considering the new PB i got last trip came on one of the tackle tray fillers I bought for our first ever trip, I think i should stick to what i've got for now.

  2. #32

    Re: Barra Tackle for the new season

    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    does it work.?

    nothing new for me since the Queens birthday trip. I have more than enough things to chuck at them. considering the new PB i got last trip came on one of the tackle tray fillers I bought for our first ever trip, I think i should stick to what i've got for now.

    Its just a concept Roo ........ But as we know it takes approximately 1000 casts before you get a hookup ........ so would it be nice to know when that hookup is about to happen

    I hear JMs autocaster has a built in counter

    Chris

  3. #33

    Re: Barra Tackle for the new season

    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    does it work.?

    nothing new for me since the Queens birthday trip. I have more than enough things to chuck at them. considering the new PB i got last trip came on one of the tackle tray fillers I bought for our first ever trip, I think i should stick to what i've got for now.
    exactly Roo!!! Same things that have worked before WILL still work and still are.

  4. #34

    Re: Barra Tackle for the new season

    The only new thing I really want to add this season is more time spent chasing the buggers!

    As said by Roo and Steve the old tricks will still work, it's mostly a matter of getting your butt there and putting in the time.

    I've still got a heap of lures I have never even tried so hopefully I can work my way through a few of them. (plus I haven't even had a chance to break my zillion in yet) Soon to change!

    Cheers
    Tony

  5. #35

    Re: Barra Tackle for the new season

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    I've still got a heap of lures I have never even tried so hopefully I can work my way through a few of them
    Me too Tony. At least twenty (yep 20) virgin barra lures in the tacklebox that have yet to touch Monduran water..........

  6. #36

    Re: Barra Tackle for the new season

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Me too Tony. At least twenty (yep 20) virgin barra lures in the tacklebox that have yet to touch Monduran water..........
    Pete ....... Now go stand in the corner!
    You know the IBD rules!

    Rule # 2 ....... Thou shalt not ignore thy lure , rod , reel or Frog

    nagg

  7. #37

    Re: Barra Tackle for the new season

    Hey Chris, Do you reckon i should get a few more lures????????

    Not sure i have enough??

    You know just to top up my collection??

    Cheers,
    John.

    P.S. Might have to tow a dog trailer behind the boat.

  8. #38

    Re: Barra Tackle for the new season

    Quote Originally Posted by Obi _ Wan View Post
    Hey Chris, Do you reckon i should get a few more lures????????

    Not sure i have enough??

    You know just to top up my collection??

    Cheers,
    John.

    P.S. Might have to tow a dog trailer behind the boat.

    John ..... Straight up

    You were the inspiration for the IBD Anthem

    Either a dog ........ or send them up on a B Double

    Chris

  9. #39

    Re: Barra Tackle for the new season

    just bought an egrell Bear B8-6 baitcaster from FOXIES. I cant wait to use it!

  10. #40

    Re: Barra Tackle for the new season

    Santa came early for me today ......... Some new Stiffy twitch baits & divers + a few different storm plastics to tempt those barra over the next few months Love the 5" storm shad ....... Jellybeans for Mrs Barra ( me thinks )

    Chris

  11. #41

    Re: Barra Tackle for the new season

    Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Santa came early for me today ......... Some new Stiffy twitch baits & divers + a few different storm plastics to tempt those barra over the next few months Love the 5" storm shad ....... Jellybeans for Mrs Barra ( me thinks )

    Chris
    spoke to foxie yesterday , says he has some new stock barra lollies, best to leave ya shoppin till you get to gin gin...

  12. #42

    Re: Barra Tackle for the new season

    Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    spoke to foxie yesterday , says he has some new stock barra lollies, best to leave ya shoppin till you get to gin gin...
    I think I'll be poking my nose into there .......... I'm trying to get Whitey to buy an Egrel bc rod ........ so I can have a play

    The trouble with buying lures during a trip ..... is that reasonably often they need a tune , hook/ split upgrade etc ....... Having said that , I clearly need a flap or 2

    Chris

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us