Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Egrell Dezignz

Re: Egrell Dezignz

Here's a twist. How would the S10 (or the S4 for that matter) go paired with a abu overhead, say a 7000 or a 6600 with 20lb mono on it?

Also, what casting weights would be needed?

I'm guessing this rod would be perfect for estuary and out deep, but what a landbased estuary?

S for Spin
    B for Baitcaster
    have a look at the website for suitable models.

Thanks Roo. You're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by BRabbit View Post
    Here's a twist. How would the S10 (or the S4 for that matter) go paired with a abu overhead, say a 7000 or a 6600 with 20lb mono on it?

I'm guessing this rod would be perfect for estuary and out deep, but what a landbased estuary?
    Mate send Eric an E-Mail and your question will be answered by the Man himself........Now that is priceless.......Cheers Whitto

Done and done ...

Hey Guys!

Just bought myself an Egrell S10H today from T/WH. I am matching it up with a Stradic 5000 loaded with 15lb PE Braid - i trust Adam's advice, told him what i wanted it for and that's what i ended up with. essentially, it will be used to drop SP's in deeper water using 3/8 - 1oz jigheads, or, floating out a fillet-de-mullay for a bay snap! Line might be a bit light for deep waters in offshore but should hold up well in the shallower reefs offshore.

Heard a lot about them so keen to actually try it when i get out again.

Take Care T
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan

Quote Originally Posted by BRabbit View Post

Drop Paul Big Ren a Pm, he has a S10H which Eric converted to an over head rod, and he loves it!!!!
    Ben

Thanks mate, I will.

The 5000 may be a tiny bit on the large size T1. Try it on the rod first if you haven't bought it already. If your'e gunna sport 15lb you may not need a reel that big anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuo View Post
    The 5000 may be a tiny bit on the large size T1. Try it on the rod first if you haven't bought it already. If your'e gunna sport 15lb you may not need a reel that big anyway.
    Thanks mate! Yeah we whacked one on and it was all good. I already had the reel but was using it on one of my Redington's, which i wanted to free up.

I have 15lb PE on it which allows me to still flick slugs, drop SP's in deeper water and deploy bait. I was after the speed more than anything but also the ability to use for my 'normal' activities.

Take Care T
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan

My best Barra, a 114cm Awoonga job, was taken on an S4. I would not recomend it for offshore work. The S10 has more lifting power.

Take a look my thread in the Offshore section. These fish were caught on a Bear S4.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Mate send Eric an E-Mail and your question will be answered by the Man himself........Now that is priceless.......Cheers Whitto
    You are 110% right. I sent him an email asking him my questions. Earlier today instead of replying to my email, Eric just rang me. Had a good half hour chat, and learned many things.

Gonna buy a B-10. Probably the most versatile rod in the history of the world. I can't wait!!