Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Awoonga Rumours

Re: Awoonga Rumours

Yes a very nice fish indeed, congratulations on the catch.

magnificent fish mate those are the fish we all dream of and keep going up there to try and get. the wife and i found a big girl floating on the dam at chrissy she was around 1100mm and not dead but close we swam her for 20 minutes but she died ,better to see it up on the wall than struggle like that one and die a not so nice death

Told yous those Awoonga fish were bigger

Thats a big girl Vet, real big, congrats on a magnificent fish

Thats really raised the bar a couple of notches again, great stuff

cheers
    brian

Hope you got a BIG wall Scotty.....an absolute bohemoth Congratulations on such a magnificent fish.....a sad outcome for the big girl, but you did the right thing in the end. Much better off as a mount than in a Sulo bin eh.

Well done again mate. Simply outstanding.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Hi Scotty congratulations mate well done.

When i first saw that huge fish a week or so ago i couldn't see how big it was as the photo was a little dark. But with the clear photo's you have up here mate bloody hell thats a big fish. It will be a conversation starter in your house for decades. Better buy a new lounge chair to seat all the people that will want to check out that beast of a fish.

Well done again mate. All the best on future trips.
    Cheers Lyndon & Kel

Good on ya Scotty, great fish mate!!!!! It is a horse!!! I saw the photo hanging the photo board at foxies!!I reckon you have plenty more of them big girls to catch this year, and you will get there faster in your new boat!!....well sort of yours anyway!!!!

cheers steve

G'day steve, We do enough stupid things now, so I'm a bit worried about the new boat because we will still do stupid things but faster. I can see myself getting catapulted out over the nose at 100kms/hr when we hit a mud bank. Hope you're around to patch us up. cheers scott.

Quote Originally Posted by vet View Post
    G'day steve, We do enough stupid things now, so I'm a bit worried about the new boat because we will still do stupid things but faster. I can see myself getting catapulted out over the nose at 100kms/hr when we hit a mud bank. Hope you're around to patch us up. cheers scott.
    As long as its you getting catapulted ...Cant remember doing Stupid things ? Err like coming back from the Boyne arm at 50km + a hour just relying on the GPS in the middle of the night,,, no moon..Black as......Or the time we... enuff said ...

awesome....hope your wall is reinforced!

Thanks everyone for your positive comments. Winter is almost over and the dams will fill up again with fisherpeople and the big girls will be disturbed and therefore a bit harder to come by, but a few more still will be caught. I look forward to winter barra fishing every year because the bigger fish are easier to come by. September will be special with large numbers of slightly smaller fish to be caught, I'll hopefully see some of you out there.

To LGM, I don't know about bass but barra don't mind bananas. Check out this new prototype lure I have been trying lately. I took this photo to send to a couple of superstitious friends who swear that bananas in a boat are bad luck.
    cheers scott.

Thumbs up Re: Awoonga Rumours

BLOODY GREAT MATE

Good for you, I am not sure what a bloody auto caster is but are you sure you can take credit if a machine caugh it?

And why wouldn't you keep it under the circumstances.
    I am glad to see the support from the crew, that is a real trophy.

I am sure we would all like to see the end result when she is on the wall
    with details of who dressed it and what it cost.

To LGM, I don't know about bass but barra don't mind bananas. Check out this new prototype lure I have been trying lately. I took this photo to send to a couple of superstitious friends who swear that bananas in a boat are bad luck.
    cheers scott.
    bet it would have been twice as big iferun the banana wasn't on board

Great fish Scott well done mate! Definetely going to be an eye opener for anyone stepping inside your front door from now on!

Cheers

Theo
    TT