Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barra Museings

Barra Museings

Gday fishos,
    well, with spring not far away, a young mans thoughts will often turn to his favourite girls, Im partial to the slightly plump ones myself, smooth and shiney, with a bit of mongrel in em, nah, not the All Blacks cheer squad, big Monduran barra of course.
    Its been an educational winter, thanks to all whove added to the growing knowledge base on impoundment barra, hard earned info given freely, or cryptic clues that need to be deciphered, its all been good.
    So, with a new spring within spittin distance, and an attitude this time round to not stick to the same old techniques/spots cause thats what worked last time, Im wondering what others are planning on this summer.
    Me, I WILL catch a mondy girl on SP from the timber, I WILL spend more time fishing at nite with surface lures and I WILL crack the 120 mark, preferably on a slow twitched HB up the back of H, out of that real gnarly timber I just love throwin lures into.
    So, what are you doin this summer, whats your goal and how are ya gunna do it??

cheers
    brian

Re: Barra Museings

Hi Brian,
    during the q/bday weekend we found some really good new country,well new for us anyhoo so we are goin to concentrate on catching a few fish from there.Also WILL catch a barra on a surface soft plastic(no not a frog)though they will get a swim.and to over take my young fellas 111 cm in the timber.Also try and limit the alcohol consumption this summer.
    cheers chewy..

Hey Brian .... this is a bit like a NY resolution
    Mate ... with over 30 days of therapy planned during the warmer months , I just want to be consistent ....... in a positive way If some big girls come my way , I'll be happy....
    I would like to minimise losses due to tackle failure though!

Cheers

Chris

G'Day Brian,
    That pretty much mirrows my thoughts, especially the skinny ones, bit like cuddling a garbage bag half full of empty stubbies.

Like the thought of cracking 120cm as i can't seem to get one over 117cm, got three at that size now so a 120cm would be good.

Certainly more time on the water, but i'm not sure i can wait until spring.

Been working on a new leader, looks good, just got to test it yet, if it works i'll post the details.

All the best for the comming spring rush mate.

Cheers,
    John.

Goal: to maintain a consecutive run of at least one metre fish every month. Up to month 18 come August.

How, put in the hours.

Ditto Brian Ditto......Sorry for the long reply......Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Ahhh Brian, the fever is already beginning as the latest bout of IBD pounds through your veins.... be careful and the winter strain is much more potent as little can be done to ease the symptoms........

My plans for the coming season:

1. Increased time on the water. I have 4 Monduran, 1 Faust, 1 Eungella and 1 Awoonga trips planned between now and 31 December. More will follow in early 2009.

2. Upgraded equipment. I have a new Egrell S10 and Certate Hyper Custom 3000 to break in.........

3. Avoid the 'hype'. Yes I will give Stiffys a go...and frogs.....and slick rigs....and hardbodies BUT I will study the environment around me more carefully and try to match and/or change my offerings depending on the situation.....

4. Listen to the advice of those in the know - especially the locals like Foxie and Steve B at Monduran, Trev and Jas at Awoonga............and think outside the square......

5. Set new goals. No donuts at Monduran this season, try for a new PB (above 114cm) and do everything possible to keep all fish unharmed.......

6. Relax and enjoy.....

I think that's about it!

Regs

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by chewy01 View Post
    Hi Brian,
    during the q/bday weekend we found some really good new country,well new for us anyhoo so we are goin to concentrate on catching a few fish from there.Also WILL catch a barra on a surface soft plastic(no not a frog)though they will get a swim.and to over take my young fellas 111 cm in the timber.Also try and limit the alcohol consumption this summer.
    cheers chewy..

Chewy, its essential to maintain fluid levels dureing the warmer weather mate

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Hey Brian .... this is a bit like a NY resolution
    Mate ... with over 30 days of therapy planned during the warmer months , I just want to be consistent ....... in a positive way If some big girls come my way , I'll be happy....
    I would like to minimise losses due to tackle failure though!

Cheers

Chris
    Hey Chris, whens the big move to gods own country??

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Pasfield View Post
    Goal: to maintain a consecutive run of at least one metre fish every month. Up to month 18 come August.

How, put in the hours.
    18 in a row mate, awesome, hours on the water are the key for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Ditto Brian Ditto......Sorry for the long reply......Whitto

whitto, ya know I just hate long winded answers

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Ahhh Brian, the fever is already beginning as the latest bout of IBD pounds through your veins.... be careful and the winter strain is much more potent as little can be done to ease the symptoms........

My plans for the coming season:

1. Increased time on the water. I have 4 Monduran, 1 Faust, 1 Eungella and 1 Awoonga trips planned between now and 31 December. More will follow in early 2009.

2. Upgraded equipment. I have a new Egrell S10 and Certate Hyper Custom 3000 to break in.........

3. Avoid the 'hype'. Yes I will give Stiffys a go...and frogs.....and slick rigs....and hardbodies BUT I will study the environment around me more carefully and try to match and/or change my offerings depending on the situation.....

4. Listen to the advice of those in the know - especially the locals like Foxie and Steve B at Monduran, Trev and Jas at Awoonga............and think outside the square......

5. Set new goals. No donuts at Monduran this season, try for a new PB (above 114cm) and do everything possible to keep all fish unharmed.......

6. Relax and enjoy.....

I think that's about it!

Regs

Pete
    nicely said Pete, maybe we can catch up on the water this summer and split a beer or three. after the fishins done for the day of course, dont want to lose any on water time

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Hey Chris, whens the big move to gods own country??
    Around Christmas / new year

Well Brian I got a trip a month planned till Febuary so far!.....

I will keep up with the Arafuras and flick the odd slicky and toad around when the time is right but realy focus on a Idea I have been workin on, and are keen to get a few fish to test it, more to be relvealed when the time is right.

I will focus hard on the tight timber areas again, the thicker the better, but will realy want to fish much hared then last season. I also intend on flicking the sticks at night and look forward to kickin back with a beer or three at the end of it all with you and any other Ausfisher I come across at the camp kitchen after a long day on the wet stuff.

To all thats headin to the Barra Dams from near and far stay safe and fish hard, I hope well all have a fantastic year and hope to see you on the water!

Cheers Nath

We will catch up for a beer (hope you like Boag's Premium) sometime this season Brian......surely? As long as you tradies don't mind mixing it with us underclass office types....

Hey Chris haven't you been moving to Queensland for nigh on a year now? Will it really ever happen?

Man I love the way you think Nath. Harder fishing in tighter timber with a beer at the end of the day.....what else is there??