Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Small Bolt-Cutters

Re: Small Bolt-Cutters

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    You dont see many stray dogs in Gin Gin do you??? Just kidding, best pies in Australia!!

Good pliers/sidecutters are a must!!! Although there is a side of me that enjoys getting trebbles out of limbs....especially mates!!!

I wondered how long before you'd get onto this thread Steve.....you sure you weren't meant to be a Dentist...
    I've got "the little shop of horrors" Dentist song running through my head. Do you have a talent causing great pain?

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post

I wondered how long before you'd get onto this thread Steve.....you sure you weren't meant to be a Dentist...
    I've got "the little shop of horrors" Dentist song running through my head. Do you have a talent causing great pain?
    Roo,

Only enjoy inflicting pain on mates!! I am gentle and kind, using pain relief with the rest of the public!! Wish I was a dentist, No night shifts.....10X the income!! I could put up with smelly breath and rotten teeth for that!!

Steve.

Back to the topic, I am getting some of those cutters Brian reckons. they sound good. Mine are blunt at the moment. We have an OK set in the ambulance, might upgrade them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Roo,

Only enjoy inflicting pain on mates!! I am gentle and kind, using pain relief with the rest of the public!! Wish I was a dentist, No night shifts.....10X the income!! I could put up with smelly breath and rotten teeth for that!!

Steve.

Back to the topic, I am getting some of those cutters Brian reckons. they sound good. Mine are blunt at the moment. We have an OK set in the ambulance, might upgrade them too.
    Well I got me a set of 8" Fuller Nip Cutters from Home Hardware for the Princley sum of $39.95, Lined it up on a couple of VMC's..cut it like they wern't there....the only Owners I have are on lures..I don't think it will take much more to cut Owners.........For those who are interested the top of the line Nips cutters will set u back $89.90...Holy Sh..t..anyhow I think nippers are a must for those more careless moments.....Whitto

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Well I got me a set of 8" Fuller Nip Cutters from Home Hardware for the Princley sum of $39.95, Lined it up on a couple of VMC's..cut it like they wern't there....the only Owners I have are on lures..I don't think it will take much more to cut Owners.........For those who are interested the top of the line Nips cutters will set u back $89.90...Holy Sh..t..anyhow I think nippers are a must for those more careless moments.....Whitto
    Lignocaine, ringblock and scalpel is looking cheaper by the moment. Thanks for the advice Whitto. I will have to get some this season, If last seasons work was any indication. I think I extracted about 4-5 plus another 6 or so had to go to hospital due to areas of the body, or blokes cutting them off too short to have a good go at removal.

cheers steve

I do a bit of steel fixing in my job steve and if i were going to get some nips the nipex brand are what all the steelies at work are useing these days as the new cresents dont hold their edge as well they will cut through a treble easily just my opinion though ,lots of luck with the surgery...matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    I do a bit of steel fixing in my job steve and if i were going to get some nips the nipex brand are what all the steelies at work are useing these days as the new cresents dont hold their edge as well they will cut through a treble easily just my opinion though ,lots of luck with the surgery...matt
    G'Day Matt.....your right about the Nipex brand....I just thought $80/$90 dollars was a bit expensive for me....If u were useing the cutters everyday then u would be mad not to buy them.......I just needed the type of nippers I bought to have if I have the need to cut a trebble off.....if it becomes a regular thing cutting off trebbles Ill give it away and take up Lawn Bowls...I think you will see my point........No pun intended.......Cheers Whitto

Whitto, put my old nips in the boat this morning, along with a little first aid kit I whacked up, a good thread that got me thinking
    thanks mate
    cheers
    brian

I was a bit slow on the reply coz i couldn't remember the details.....but for everyone else that hasn't already bought a set

i bought a set of cheap trojan bolt cutters from bunnings $15.95 they are rated to cut through up to 3 mm

i only had a #2 st66 owner to test them on ..... cut through first squeeze (mind you with reasonable pressure).... i would hazard a guess and say your set would probably do the job better on anything over #2 ... it just depends on how much bigger than #2 you want to cut..

hope it helps all the same

Jim

Good question whitto,

and good replies guys.

I too have been looking for these mini bolt cutters.

Similar reason...... 45gm slug with VMC 6X treble imbedded in forehead. No pain, just pain in a### trying to cut through treble and then s/s wire.

I'll have a squizz at the Cresent cutters.........

cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

the knipex side cutters should last a long time. as far as i know they are the only side cutters that are piano wire rated. i use mine to cut a lot of things beside cable and they are still going strong after a year. they are expensive but worth the money if they suit your application.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Good question whitto,

and good replies guys.

I too have been looking for these mini bolt cutters.

Similar reason...... 45gm slug with VMC 6X treble imbedded in forehead. No pain, just pain in a### trying to cut through treble and then s/s wire.

I'll have a squizz at the Cresent cutters.........

cheers Phill
    Yeah Phill, I just don't see the point of letting trebble's or any hook stuff your trip up....God knows it costs enough to go fishing these days....at least u cut the hook off and continue on till u can get it removed....well thats the plan anyway....Cheers Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

I thought I would put a piccie up of the Nippers I have bought.....I think I said I paid $30.00 for them......cut through a VMC very easily.......Cheers Whitto