• Mighty Barra !

43 56.58%
  • Beastly Cod !

33 43.42%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cod or Barra?

Cod or Barra?

Hey Ausfishers

Which 120cm+ fish would you rather catch? Cod (Murray) or Barra.

I would rather catch a cod, although im sure there will be alot of people voting for barra
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

Re: Cod or Barra?

Barra, for me

Cammy

Had to vote Cod caught heaps of barra never caught a cod. On my must catch species list.

Cheers Foxie

Yer cod are good, pretty much 1 in 3 or 4 threads in freshwater section is barra hardly cod.

Cam

caught a mary river cod in somerset last year for a fish around 550mm it went hard and fast ,i would love to tangle with one over 120cm ,got a few barra over 110cm and they are a real buzz definately my favourite fish.

Can I have both Either or .... Haven't caught a Cod or a 120cm barra

Nagg

lol you cant have both NAGG, gotta pick one you would rather catch.

I just realised, say rather 10 times and try and figure out what it means.PLays with ya mind lol

Yes cod I guess................only because I've never caught one before. Must admit there's nothing quite like 120cm of barra standing on its tail 3 metres from the boat though

120 cm barra, oooo yer

I would love to take a metre plus cod one day but being content catching Barra I have no ergencey to target the mighty cod. If the chance ever rises I will take it but I am happy with the leaping Barra.

Cheers Nath

I'll stick up for Barra.

Caught literally hundreds of Cod over the yrs and a lot of you blokes who've never caught them, I think will be very disappointed in their fighting capabilities.

Once the head is lifted they give up the ghost from my experiences.

I could never and still can't understand what all the fuss is about with catching Cod.

They hit hard but only the very occasional fish seems to do anything out of the ordinary.

I couldn't pick both so I went for the barra because I havn't quite got one that long yet.
    I think if you tied a barra to a cod the barra would toe the poor old cod back to QLD faster than he ever swam in his life and overheat him.
    wamjam

Quote Originally Posted by wamjam View Post
    I couldn't pick both so I went for the barra because I havn't quite got one that long yet.
    I think if you tied a barra to a cod the barra would toe the poor old cod back to QLD faster than he ever swam in his life and overheat him.
    wamjam
    Have to agree. I don't think there's any comparison between the two.

i would probably prefer the barra of the two but a 1.2m snapper would be the best for me.

Cod - because it rarer at that size. 120cm barra will be 'normal' soon the way they are going and growing.