Thread: My first blue marlin

My first blue marlin

i caught my first blue about a month ago and i was wondering if anyone had any other pics to share.

Re: My first blue marlin

Nice work, that would have been a great feeling. sorry no pics from me, hopefully not to far down the track.
    En el amor y la guerra, todo hueco es trinchera.

congrats on your first blue . If your anything like me its going to cost you thousands trying to duplicate the experience .
    Craig

Wow, I could die happy after claiming that fish.

My first marlin WILL happen this summer, but I think it will be black...

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Question Re: My first blue marlin

I gather these days, the marlin are mostly released. Just curious how you measure your fish for the records. Can you weigh it without harming it? It's not pulled on board then released is it?
    Thanks for your answers.
    Blackjenny

"Summer breeze, makes me feel fine..."

There is a graph available that calculates the estimated weight by measurement . We don't lift the fish out as they're too heavy and the little blacks we still don't lift . After a while you learn to guess a bit better but its only an estimate as different girths come into it and there are formulas to work that out as well but i don't bother
    Craig

I am glad that photo's and an educated guesstimate are good enough for most hercules. As a child, among many, I used to stand at the end of the pier in Shoal Bay (Port Stephens), and stare in wonder at the magnificent fish hanging from the weigh-in with blood dripping from the mouth. It was always sad and the only thing going off was the 'mate meter'.

There were some pretty amazing marlin hanging from the rafters of the Cairns Game Fishing Club in 2000. Still there? and also in the bar of the Hemingway Resort, Watamu, Kenya in 2004. I don't think we need any more stuffed fish to prove the point. Just let 'em swim I say. So pleased people like you are happy to estimate and release.
    Blackjenny

"Summer breeze, makes me feel fine..."