Thread: Which Ocean Kayak and how do u rate the brand?

Which Ocean Kayak and how do u rate the brand?

hey everyone been lookin at some kayaks and want to know any advice u can give me. I'm lookin at the powler 13 and prowler elite 4.5. I will be fishing mainly in estuary but would like to be able to go out in the bay and to reefs for a paddle and do some trolling and plastics fishin etc. My main question is whether or not there is any big difference in stability and whether or not the prowler elite may not be particularly good for estuaries cos its larger. I have no experience kayak fishing so any advice much appreciated, im quite a large guy but i hear these kayaks are very stable and balanced.

Re: Which Ocean Kayak and how do u rate the brand?

I bought my Prowler Elite for the exact same reason. For the Estuary and the Bay and if I want to venture off shore. And guess what, I do venture off shore and I also fish the Estuaries and the Bay.

Perfect for me.
    PM me with the best price you find and I might know somebody who can beat the price.

I agree with JRJR.
    The Elite is as good in the estuaries as the 13 and is exceptional in the bay and rough water.
    If you get the chance have a try of each.
    I bought the Elite to fish the bay, estuaries and still have the ability to cruise with the wife (she has a sit-in ). I haven't been disappointed.
    Hope this helps.
    Stue

thanks for the info guys, anyone else got any feedback?

The Prowler Elite 4.5 will is a faster yak to paddle over the Prowler 13. Asside from that they're a very similar kayak. If you're doing the bay, the Elite is designed just for that sort of thing.

Cheers,

fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Hey Carlos! Good to see you're thinking about the yakkin!

I bought the Elite. FANTASTIC!!!! Never look back from it! You can't go wrong with it.

I just did up a Venus11 up for small water fishing. Fitted sounder, battery, rod holders etc. Pics & info at http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/...ic,1546.0.html

There's a new model coming out called the Pacific Angler. It falls between the Prowler13 & the Venus11. The specs look good for a model that is suitable for bay work but not at long as the Prowlers. It being shorter it wont be quite as quick, but it is lighter & easier to load onto roof racks.

I couldn't wait for the Pacific Angler so I went for the Venus11 & am quite happy at how its turned out.

Cheers,

fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au